Medellin SINGLE has premiered (closed)

Not read the previous 18 pages!

Sarah Cox played it on radio 2 at 17.25 and said it was great and she loved it so looks like it has their support!

I loved it. Exactly what I thought it need to be - mid tempo Latin that many can listen to. Great summer background music with some query bits people can sing. 

Where do you order the vinyl and box sets from in the UK?

I love that she is back, but I also love her unporcessed voice, and in this song her voice is very "touched".

I don´t know, in a sense this song is very 4 minutes, because it´s more maluma than madonna, although it´s very clear that mirways has produced it...not what I wanted to hear, but I´m sure the album would have other songs that I will love

2 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

It takes a few listens. I don't know why people have to say anything before they've played a few times?

The production and lyrics are perfect. It's all so relaxing and uplifting.

There was a lot of pressure for this and it delivered. M and Mirwais took another risk just like with American Life (single).

24 minutes ago, Nessie said:

You mean, a Maluma classic.

It's Madonna and Maluma.  Madonna wrote it with Mirwais and then Maluma added to THEIR song.  We get that you don't like it.  If it makes you happy to keep reminding everyone that you don't like it, then go right ahead, but be prepared to get on people's nerves :dazed:

11 minutes ago, Starman said:

Its OK for me.

I dont really have a chorus to sing and Too much Maluma.

The lyrics are good but it’s not a standout track if you hear somewhere else.  The production is interesting 

Yeah, the chorus is a bit of problem for me in that it's hard to identify.

Overall I really like this for what it is! As has been said it's great for summer. I like how quiet it is at times, it's "simple" but unconventional. Fresh sounding. 

2 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Not read the previous 18 pages!

Sarah Cox played it on radio 2 at 17.25 and said it was great and she loved it so looks like it has their support!

I loved it. Exactly what I thought it need to be - mid tempo Latin that many can listen to. Great summer background music with some query bits people can sing. 

Where do you order the vinyl and box sets from in the UK?

Exactly. GP will EAT THIS UP.

• This song is the definition of a grower.
  • After a few listens it's easily her best lead single since 4 minutes.
  • The first half of the song is very good, the second part is great.
  • It has the potential to be a big hit.

7 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

I really like the lyrics, but the music is kinda what I was scared of... Isn't Mirwais supposed to be involved ? Meh

The cha-cha part is already in my heart though 😁😁😁

Mirwais is all over it. Listen with headphones.

1 minute ago, ketchup said:

Yeah, the chorus is a bit of problem for me in that it's hard to identify.

Overall I really like this for what it is! As has been said it's great for summer. I like how quiet it is at times, it's "simple" but unconventional. Fresh sounding. 

I think it's the "1-2 cha cha cha"

and the beat that will hook this on people's mind not the chorus.

5 minutes ago, Edivad said:

I think It Will be a hit no matter. Maluma Is huge in Latin America

That‘s good for him and Latin America. (Are M+M an item now btw?)

I‘m more looking forward to the other Madonna tracks though. The only good thing is that it seems to be somewhat of a departure from the last album‘s style/theme.

Thank God! Her team got their together made sure there were no leaks this time!

Also sounds as if they putting together a serious marketing strategy.

Can't wait for April 24 the MTV event... the Video!

26 minutes ago, Msig said:

Oh, by the way, according to the production credits provided to Spotify, "Medellín" was produced by Madonna and Mirwais.

Yes, and she stated in the interview that she spoke to Mirwais when she heard from Maluma's manager that he wanted to work with her, and they wrote something that fit his regular style of music while still fitting in with what they were creating for Madame X.  Maluma then added bits to what they were sending him.  It's very much a Madonna/Mirwais creation with Maluma building on their work.

28 minutes ago, Carta said:

Yes - she said in the interview that she and Mirwais wrote it taking into account Maluma's usual style, but making sure that it still fit the Madame X sound.

Thanks! I missed the interview 😞

Guest eroticerotic
20 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ok, loving it more with each listen!!

Also loving this!

MDN87380_0e18cf0c-27b9-4206-b661-83cad9d

Where’s this from? Dam that’s hot. The aesthetic for this era is lovely.

very Sarah Jennings