Medellin SINGLE has premiered (closed)

1 minute ago, 5iVe Elements said:

It's not your typical Latin Music so it's a plus for me. Glad she didn't try to copy Daddy Luis' Despacito 

This is why I wasn't dismissive of it on first listen. It sounds quite different and it's a real "night out" type of song.

SEXY SMOOTH SONG! yes it's different for latin music and thats good

i'm very surprised. not what i expected at all. but it's growing on me. cha cha cha slow down papi

1 minute ago, Kilt said:

I imagine this is the perfect track that would make the bed rock back and forth #slowdownpapi

This. Cannot wait to dance to it at the beach or at the bar. I do see why they will release another song before the album though, as this will likely only click with people that already like Latin music. 

Gets better with each listen. Was disappointed the first time, mostly because of my own expectations that it would be faster or showier??? But it’s a really sultry, fun, well constructed song. Maluma did an amazing job. They match well. 

Reminds me of Rihanna’s Work. But much better. 

1 minute ago, DreamTheater said:

I love the Ven con migo  part especially. I love that she took a risk and came back with something unexpected. The Mirwais production shines. Wait for the people who don't like it to change their minds when the YouTube views start exploding.

My favorite part as well! Very latin groovy! 

1 minute ago, DreamTheater said:

I love the Ven con migo  part especially. I love that she took a risk and came back with something unexpected. The Mirwais production shines. Wait for the people who don't like it to change their minds when the YouTube views start exploding.

It is hard to swallow for some because it is a very different kind of track. Something similar to what she did with Erotica, Music, American Life (talking about tracks here).

Just now, erotica blu said:

Madonna's 60 with the privilege to follow her whims. Definitely not chasing trends or fickle streamers with this.

exactly.

She does what she wants (thank god she doesn't listen to her fans) and really don't care about charts - 

She's bold, takes risk and that's why I love her so much

From the sound of medellin, i think she’s gonna debut another single for eurovision? Cause medellin doesn’t really sound like the type of song to perform at a big event like that. Maybe that will be the two single rumour from last time. 

Ok, I ADORE the song

At first listen I admit that I found annoying Maluma's part. I wanted Madonna's sweet parts to be the only song. But after three times, I simply adore the song

I have transcripted the Spanish part of the song. I will translate it if I can in the next minutes. In this transcription there's not Madonna's part, only Maluma's 

Yo también...

Dime...

Me encanta...

Te gusta...

Dime! 

Tranquila, rubia, yo te apoyo
No hay que hablar mucho para entrar en rollo 
Si quieres ser mi reina, pues yo te corono
Y pa que te sientes, aquí tengo un trono

Ponte a cabalgar, eso está claro
Si sientes que voy rápido, le bajo
Discúlpame, yo sé que eres Madonna,
pero yo te voy a demostrar... cómo este perro te enamora

Ven conmigo, let's take a chance
Si te llevo pa un lugar lejano
Ven conmigo, I'll be so good for you
Y te enamoro, te enamoro

Ven conmigo, let's take a chance
Dame de eso que te estás tomando
Ven conmigo, I'll be so good for you
Ay, ay, ay

... show me

Dice, oye mamacita qué te pasa,
mira que ya estamos en mi casa
Si sientes que hay un viaje allí en tu mente,
será por el exceso de aguardiente

Pero mami, tranquila, tú solo vacila,
que estamos en Colombia y aquí hay rumba en cada esquina
y si tu quieres nos vamos por detroit
si sé de dónde vienes, pues sé pa dónde voy

Si te enamoro... (si me enamoras)
En menos de un año, no no, nos vamos, nos vamos, nos vamos pa Medallo
Ay, qué rico

Si te enamoro... (si me enamoras)
Allí nos  quedamos, con mami, con papi, nos casamos

One two, cha, cha, cha

slow down, papi

1 2 cha cha cha, slow down papi!

perfect pop-nobody does it better! A masterclass in pop perfection

the tune needs to grow on people like any new song-it has to get into public consciousness like all popular hits, I didn’t like despacito on first listen or any other track (other than Uptown Funk), the songs had to be heard over a few weeks. Drakes in my feelings grew on me after hearing it constantly for a month

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I'm gonna go on twitter see ya! 

Feel free to join me in celebrating this smash!

@stephnz

The SMELL in this thread right now 

tenor.gif?itemid=4689602

I know right,

ban them all!!!

I love this song!!!! Like Hung up this will work better with a video

Any news on a physical release? I’m greedy af. Noticed that there was a 7” picture disc with the box set. Just made me wonder what track the picture disc was? I’d love to be able to buy a physical for this release. Bring on the formats!