MADAME X Covers & Tracklisting Revealed!

horn

1 minute ago, Bretticus said:

Just over 12 hours to go... I am going to be a wreck at work tomorrow waking up at 1am tomorrow morning to listen!

2am for us easterners!  At least we're not Kiwis having to get up at 4am to listen 😉

1 hour ago, infierno said:

What if the track listing AND images are fake to throw people off the digital scent until 6/14?  This is making me insane, i know.

And the whole album is dropping 😳

Just now, cardiganstarlet said:

Off topic but why would her mothers lips have been sewn together?

That is/was a common thing. If I’m not mistaken, it’s done so the odor won’t leave the body. 

1 hour ago, strictmachine said:

Yes, this is perfectly put. 

This. The deluxe cover is iconic and instantly recognizable. It captures her more serious, reflective side, which I think will resonate better w non-fans (who she is coming after with a vengeance this time around). I also love the Frida standard cover but am conflicted about the times font & placement. Whew what a day. The new era is here!! Mama comes to slay...

5 minutes ago, cardiganstarlet said:

Her lips were sewn together in the Oh Father music video...

19 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

That is/was a common thing. If I’m not mistaken, it’s done so the odor won’t leave the body. 

It has nothing to do with odor. Most bodies are embalmed prior to services and buried before the deeper decomposition process begins. The lips are sewn to keep the mouth from falling/remaining open (same for the eyes). Today, both are glued, not sewn.

10 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Just watched a Brazilian youtuber who seems pretty legit say that an insider told him that Medellin sounds nothing like reggaeton - more like Isla Bonita meets Die another day. (????) 

quem?
who?

ahh, café com rafa.

24 minutes ago, cardiganstarlet said:

22 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

They only do it if the casket is open. It's to stop/reduce any odour & to stop the lips from contracting. They hide the stitches better these days than they would have when M was a child. 

5 minutes ago, White Heat said:

They only do it if the casket is open. It's to stop/reduce any odour & to stop the lips from contracting. They hide the stitches better these days than they would have when M was a child. 

It has more to do with the mouth falling/remaining open (same for the eyes) than it does about odor. Most bodies are embalmed, especially for open casket services. Today, they glue the eyes and mouth shut rather than sewing them. I have watched way too many documentaries on mortuaries, etc. lol.

13 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Just watched a Brazilian youtuber who seems pretty legit say that an insider told him that Medellin sounds nothing like reggaeton - more like Isla Bonita meets Die another day. (????) 

Actually he says that the song sounds like a 2019 version of La isla Bonita and it reminds of DAD and AL regarding their 'deconstructed'/different production (A very Mirwais thing). And he also says that in the song (or in the video, it wasn't clear) she will be in Medellín and something's gonna happen there (?)

Just now, alexis said:

Talvez o café com rafa

ele mesmo

gonna sleep now, thought she would post something tonight but didnt happen.
tomorrow is the day !