MADAME X Covers & Tracklisting Revealed!

horn

12 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I have a feeling if it is real, it’s without the Madonna over her brows...

Same, because the other one doesn’t show her name at all.

2 minutes ago, idro said:

She looks like Her mother , didn t she once said something about her mother lips being strange ( like in the Oh Father video ) when she saw her  dead ?

Amazing cover

Definitely! True. And she looks her age despite all airbrushing, which I find refreshing. 

1 minute ago, jjmor95 said:

Same, because the other one doesn’t show her name at all.

Yes, there's no way she's using that Madonna font xD

2 minutes ago, idro said:

She looks like Her mother , didn t she once said something about her mother lips being strange ( like in the Oh Father video ) when she saw her  dead ?

Amazing cover

First thing I thought of when I saw this. I also see the Frida Kahlo thing though.

So, one of the co-writers in Come Alive is Jeff Bhasker who (according to wikipedia) has collaborated with rapper and producer Kanye West on the albums 808s & Heartbreak, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Watch the Throne. He has won Grammy Awards for the songs "Run This Town" by Jay-Z, "All of the Lights" by Kanye West, "We Are Young" by Fun., and "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson.[1][2] Bhasker received the 2016 Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical for co-producing Mark Ronson's album Uptown Special and producing Nate Ruess's album Grand Romantic among other records.

3 minutes ago, V.K said:

I LOVE the deluxe cover so much , so fckin much . As many of you have already mentioned it gives me renaissance , fresco , iconography , resistance , women's movement . Dietrich's " Dishonored / X - 27 " , 30's studio photography and movie posters art...it gives me ART , past - present - future , it gives me LIFE !

I kinda wish she'd only gone with that one even though the standard looks great on it's own respect( by anyone's standards 😛) . Hope the vinyl's gonna be the deluxe one , it just begs for it .

Don't get me wrong , i love the standard one , it's just that the first one was such a climax!

Agreed, but everyone's gonna buy the deluxe version over the standard anyway, so win-win really. The deluxe RH is the one everyone considers the REAL cover afterall...

16 minutes ago, mamifero said:

D4TtCMfXsAAoPEC.jpg

I love it... to me, the pick tells me the album is about women's strugles.... I might be wrong, but It draws me to pick up this album if I was in a store.  

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, idro said:

Amazing cover

I instantly thought about her mother when seeing the second cover.   She looks so much like her. 

39 minutes ago, madgeforit said:

Not feeling the cover at all. I'm sorry but it could have been soooo much better especially with the visuals she was teasing us with. It looks lacklustre and unfinished or something. Praying the music is good so I can't get over my disappointment with the cover

I pray the music will be fucking bad according to your standard so that you can completely stay away from this era. Thanks in advance 

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

The deluxe album cover screams "freedom fighter" to me.  It looks like it belongs in a history book or something of a revolutionary figure in history.  Except, that's exactly what she is and we're lucky enough to watch her change the world live!

Took the words right out of my mouth!! Perfect description!

maybe the font in the standard could be better, but i have no complaints. people will actually ask "why she wants to look like a mono eyebrow" and the answer is great.

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I pray the music will be fucking bad according to your standard so that you can completely stay away from this era. Thanks in advance 

Just SKIP OVER the very few negative posts instead of highlighting them. C'mon now...

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 minute ago, TXIII said:

Her closing tracks are always so gorgeous, I can’t wait to hear ‘I Rise’, that title alone gives me chills. 

I had the same feeling.  Maybe telling for what is to come even after this era!

Love the deluxe one so much more and to me it fits the whole Madame x/secret agent adopting different personalities theme perfectly. The standard one just looks like a frida kahlo impersonation and the stitched lips make me think more of repression than freedom fighter. 

2 minutes ago, TXIII said:

Her closing tracks are always so gorgeous, I can’t wait to hear ‘I Rise’, that title alone gives me chills. 

She was probably inspired by maya angelou's poem.

Guest Marco

The standard cover, while my least favorite of the two, is nonetheless dazzling and thought-provoking. :wow:

The font over Madonna’s eyebrows is such a unique nod to Frida Kahlo, while the font over her lips deliberately resembles stitches as a means to call out censorship. :clap:

I’m mind blown. :dramatic:

I really love the first cover, it very much reminds me of AL because it is so simple on the one hand but so classy on the other

I'm not so sure about the second one though, maybe I have to get used to it

Anyway, I am so happy that everything seems to be going as planned