MADAME X Covers & Tracklisting Revealed!

horn

I am so amazed especially by the fact that so many tracks are produced by Mirwais

Btw, how about that none of the tracks is called Magic or anything alike?

3 minutes ago, Adriano said:

i prefer the second, but why is madonna placed there?

To look like Frida.

812638_1546736711.jpg

Both album covers are made as paintings, not as actual studio photos. 

I like the Madame X over her lips, though I agree the Madonna font looks a bit off and fanmade-ish. 

I also agree with @Messiah and @RyanAnth4 that people shouldn't react allergic to criticism right away IF it is fair criticism. Of course we get the occasional trolls who only ever post to pick her apart, but so far (in this thread) I only saw people politely voicing their thoughts...everyone talks about fun, tbh this forum would be much less fun to me if every dissenting opinion gets shot down immediately. 

1 minute ago, Kilt said:

They could have done without the Madonna title on her eyebrows. MadameX would've been just enough

+++++++++...

1 minute ago, zephyralexxx said:

To look like Frida.

812638_1546736711.jpg

Both album covers are made as paintings, not as actual studio photos. 

totally get it and i love it 100%  now, but that is hard to catch.

Digging the covers! Intrigued by the Mirwais tracks, and awesome that she has a tie-in with Diplo. Such a M thing to do, keeping a tie with the previous project in one or two tracks. Cannot say I am thrilled by the presence of Maluma and Anitta, and that Faz Gostoso song is completely out of my musical preferences. I mean, talk about playing to the gallery, that sound is like cocaine right now: it hits. Regardless, let's see how M brings this to her own way of making music. 

Guest eroticerotic

I like the jarring nature of both yet in such a subtle, clean way

The font over her lips reminds me of stitches 😖

the blond gypsy one I like better bc it reminds me of a vintage movie poster 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Jesus!  It's like Christmas!  She's keeps on giving!  These two album covers look great.  I love them.  The song titles are so intriguing and it feels like it's a mix bag of uptempo and ballads. Ending with some wild and crazy song (minus the Deluxe tracks).

One thing I wish is that there was just one standard version of tracks, rather Standard and Deluxe.  Just make the damn "Deluxe" the standard version.  I'm all for having varied album covers with the same amount of songs.  It's just some of Deluxe tracks end up being far superior than some standard tracks.  

actually, looking at it again and taking it in.. it's the madonna name over her eyebrows (a Frida reference?) that makes it a little interesting.. still.. this seems a little serious for madonna. this picture also looks like a painting though.. and im not a fan of the font used on her lips.. reminds me a little of rebel heart. would've been a lot better if they used the same Madame X font as the deluxe cover

Just now, Adriano said:

totally get it and i love it 100%  now, but that is hard to catch.

That''s what I was thinking now. Nowadays, people are so uneducated, uncultivated, that just a few of us would understand the message. 

1 minute ago, eroticerotic said:

The font over her lips reminds me of stitches 😖 

I think this is the idea.

i love it so much more than the deluxe cover

Just now, zephyralexxx said:

That''s what I was thinking now. Nowadays, people are so uneducated, uncultivated, that just a few of us would understand the message. 

exactly. I know who frida was. my ex bf loves her, but i didn't catch that approach easily.
thank you.

The 2nd cover is brilliant the Madame X on the lips made to look like her lips have been sown up showing repression, the Madonna placed on the eyebrow definitely a Frida Nod. 

I am beyond happy rn , beyond elated even , like i've popped some happy pill (which i haven't ) .

I LOVE the deluxe cover so much , so fckin much . As many of you have already mentioned it gives me renaissance , fresco , iconography , resistance , women's movement . Dietrich's " Dishonored / X - 27 " , 30's studio photography and movie posters art...it gives me ART , past - present - future , it gives me LIFE !

I kinda wish she'd only gone with that one even though the standard looks great on it's own respect( by anyone's standards 😛) . Hope the vinyl's gonna be the deluxe one , it just begs for it .

Don't get me wrong , i love the standard one , it's just that the first one was such a climax!

She looks like Her mother , didn t she once said something about her mother lips being strange ( like in the Oh Father video ) when she saw her  dead ?

Amazing cover

Just now, idro said:

She looks like Her mother , didn t she once said something about her mother lips being strange ( like in the Oh Father video ) when she saw her  dead ?

Amazing cover

Absolutely yes!!!!

After seeing the second one, the first one makes more sense. Obviously they deliberately put the texts in uncomfortable and unconventional places. Very clever and great imagery. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
13 minutes ago, mamifero said:

D4TtCMfXsAAoPEC.jpg

Oh, I just realized what some of you mentioned where the "Madonna" over the eyebrow is an homage to Frida!  This is so cool!!  Only fans get this.  😉