STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

22 hours ago, Monsieur X said:

No it wouldn't. 

Yes it would- im from Latin American- family and friends only listent to reggeton at parties- if the music has a consistent infectious beat people will want to listen to it many times and it will be a hit- if it has two big names like Madonna and Maluma. Latin America is not like the UK or US where a good party of the GP slags Madonna off. They like her- but if she doesnt have music theyll just put on in a party then they wont play it. Having Maluma wouldve helped. Im not saying she would get 300 million views like HP but more than it has for sure. The friends and family that listened to the song didnt connect to it because ive asked.

But again, I love Medellin as it is. In a way it was a daring experiment on her part: the cynical GP thought she was trying to collaborate with someone popular to get a hit but then she also made a non conventional regetton song that is radio friendly for latin america. I think we fans love it because we know she made an AMAZING song and she collaborated with Maluma because he is great and they have good chemistry.

I don’t think we did enough!!!

Overall, Madame X’s debut sum of 95,000 equivalent album units is comprised of 90,000 in album sales, 1,000 in TEA units and 4,000 in SEA units.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8517120/madonna-madame-x-No1-debut-billboard-200-chart

21 hours ago, dollhouse said:

How? Anitta is big only in latin countries not USA

Streams would be huge. Even if people who live in the US wouldn't stream it, people around the world would stream it. They would bypass the region lock with a VPN.

On the streaming, I guess Quavo/Swae Lae's fans didn't bother to check out the songs.  Looks like Anitta's DID, particularly in Brazil.

On the flip side, I didn't exactly run throught the above's back catalogue, either.  😆

On 6/23/2019 at 4:36 AM, yououghttavogue said:

Yet for some reason, she (or someone on her team) keeps thinking it will work. All those collaborations do is make her look desperate. 

Or they result in interesting new music ("Medellin" is fantastic and "Crave" is up there with the very best she's produced in the past decade, no question about it).  To each their own...

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

And it's NOT wrong for me to hate rubbish like "Crazy" either :rotfl:

Sorry, that's just me. I am a cunt. 

Fair enough!  "Crazy" is fantastic, though :dazed:

18 minutes ago, Carta said:

Fair enough!  "Crazy" is fantastic, though :dazed:

I'm cancelling that "Sorry, that's just me" line though. Why would I have to apologize and be restrained? :queenbitch:

M15 is going to be a VERY intriguing chapter of her career. Her FIFTH decade in the game! 

2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I'm cancelling that "Sorry, that's just me" line though. Why would I have to apologize and be restrained? :queenbitch:

M15 is going to be a VERY intriguing chapter of her career. Her FIFTH decade in the game! 

Do you think she will record another album? I have my doubts, but who knows.

34 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Oh yes she will. It's not Madonna without the ALBUMS. Reluctant or not, albums are her major products. 

29 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Oh yes she will. It's not Madonna without the ALBUMS. Reluctant or not, albums are her major products. 

I agree . It's clear Madame X wasn't meant to chase chart success, despite the features, so I think Madonna is free to experiment. I'd pray for at least one more album from her and I hope she does continue to create fabulous works of musical art 

1 hour ago, Rebel Saviour said:

The Deluxe is holding at 39 on Us itunes. Yesterday on Amazon  the standard was at 26 and the Deluxe at 40. Hopefully the album will stay in the top 40 of the Billboard 200 next week. 

If she releases God CoNtrol it will stay in the top ten but what do I know? Smdh.

3 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Now she's out of her record contract, I think it will happen but only after she's directed a couple of films and enough time has gone by for her to be interested again. I imagine another for four or five years. 

6 hours ago, stevo208 said:

I agree . It's clear Madame X wasn't meant to chase chart success, despite the features, so I think Madonna is free to experiment. I'd pray for at least one more album from her and I hope she does continue to create fabulous works of musical art 

I think more than one.  Stevie Nicks, Marianne Faithful, and Blondie are examples of artists who got some of their best reviews when they were mid sixties to seventy.  Madonna has so much left to give and never stops being creative.

On 6/22/2019 at 5:51 PM, bb8977 said:

It's hard to be excited for number one when that was only achieved through ticket bundles and fans buying multiple copies...

Fuck off amorfa

9 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Yes. And in fact I think that this album has fuelled her creativity again.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, runa said:

Her streaming numbers are abysmal - I hoped they would work on it for this album, but clearly they didn't. Sad really.

Legends don't have big stream numbers just like new starlets don't have big real sales. There's this gigantic gap that we'd better accept because it won't change. 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Legends don't have big stream numbers just like new starlets don't have big real sales. There's this gigantic gap that we'd better accept because it won't change. 

Plus, thank god the majority of Madonna's fans nowadays is over 30+ and thank god we have jobs and a busy life. We can't spend the whole day streaming on Spotify like teenagers.:lmao::lmao: