STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

5 minutes ago, Mr Ciccone said:

So a Hot 100 #1 is not necessarily predicted? Sorry, I really can’t get my head around the US chart system....

Anyway, have just checked Kworb and Madame X has fallen to #3, below the Jonas Bros!

She’ll get #1 on the pure sales chart in the US, but it isn’t guaranteed on the Sales plus Streaming (SPS) chart which is the main one Billboard promotes these days 

All indicators point to a #1 debut for Madonna on this week's HITS Top50. With a ticket bundle and D2C offerings fueling half of the opening total, expect Madame X to give Madge her first #1 since 2012's MDNA.

(UPDATED) Early reads:

Madonna (Live Nation/Maverick/Interscope) 90-100k total activity, 85-95k album
Bruce Springsteen (Columbia) 55-60k, 50-55k

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=316829&title=MADONNA%2C-BRUCE-HEADED-FOR-TOP-DEBUTS

1 hour ago, side_streets said:

Stream, stream, stream! 🧛‍♂️❤️

Keep streaming Madame X everyday until June 20 which is the cut off date..

The streams from June 14-20 are the most important and very crucial since they count on first-week equivalent album units.

thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, Mr Ciccone said:

So a Hot 100 #1 is not necessarily predicted? Sorry, I really can’t get my head around the US chart system....

Anyway, have just checked Kworb and Madame X has fallen to #3, below the Jonas Bros!

You mean, BB 200? BB 200 is a combined Chart from physical/digital album sales, TEA and SEA. MX is predicted to top the BB 200 chart. 

We won’t see M’s single on BB Hot 100 anytime soon. 

Just now, reQuiem4adream said:

You mean, BB 200? BB 200 is a combined Chart from physical/digital album sales, TEA and SEA. MX is predicted to top the BB 200 chart. 

Crave has a chance based on some radio play, new streams, and album sales. Best hope 🙏🏻 

13 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Im afraid she won't chart on Hot 100 anymore unless she collaborates with Adele, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber, Drake or Lil Nas. 

20 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

I want to download the Amazon $5 but I don’t know how to play in Amazon except Echo and I am streaming using that service so don’t want it to stop the streams. Which is better?

To buy a digital copy is better! But don't stop streaming. It helps as well!

43 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

I want to download the Amazon $5 but I don’t know how to play in Amazon except Echo and I am streaming using that service so don’t want it to stop the streams. Which is better?

Ha, ha, ha, I know you are joking. You don't have to play it in AMAZON!! You buy the album as MP3's which you immediate download to your phone or laptop and play it from there on whatever app you use to play MP3s.

Guest jamesshot

I don't know why she doesn't just say fuck it and collaborate with all the young hot artists and get some #1's, top 5's. It would piss off her haters. I respect her for not buying Twitter, Instagram followers and cheating on the charts like soooo many but damn......

6 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

No I meant BB 200, sorry.

It sounds like swimtoshore is saying #1 is not guaranteed because of the streaming factor... Although I could still be misunderstanding something! Lol.

7 hours ago, santiago said:

Will this count towards the Billboard Top 200 albums?

44 minutes ago, ffggg8526 said:

what about Bruce? 

Bruce is at #25. 

I should mention that I'm in Canada. I'm not sure if Google Play Music has different charts for different countries.