STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

As long as she’s in the Top 2, I’m ok.

It is what it is.

question about streaming. in the US, 1250 premium audio song streams or 3750 ad-supported song streams are equal to one album unit. so theoretically, couldn't you play the shortest song ("bitch i'm loca") on repeat to get the most streams?

1 hour ago, bardo said:

question about streaming. in the US, 1250 premium audio song streams or 3750 ad-supported song streams are equal to one album unit. so theoretically, couldn't you play the shortest song ("bitch i'm loca") on repeat to get the most streams?

No. If it’s the same song over and over it’s viewed as spam and excluded. 

2 hours ago, madonna13 said:

It may show her at number 2 but, if I'm not mistaken, that isn't adding in sales from the other album version. With both totaled there is a good chance she is still number 1.

I think the same. I suppose adding the two versions should be #1

Jonas Brothers first week equivalent album units is 405k, 351k of which were pure traditional album album sales. 

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

Now I'm quote worried. 

Please stream Madame X a lot, everyday from June 14-20, 

Please also buy the physical copies of Madame X at physical stores (not online store), it's only around $11. 

Im afraid Bruce Springsteen Western Stars will sell more physical albums than Madame X 

Im afraid Jonas Brothers or Bruce Springsteen will hinder Madame X to debut at no 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart. 

Edited by metalissimo

1 hour ago, metalissimo said:

Jonas Brothers first week equivalent album units is 405k, 351k of which were pure traditional album album sales. 

Now I'm quote worried. 

Please also buy the physical copies of Madame X at physical stores (not online store), it's only around $11. 

Im afraid Bruce Springsteen Western Stars will sell more physical albums than Madame X 

Im afraid Jonas Brothers or Bruce Springsteen will hinder Madame X to debut at no 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart. 

Stop being so overdramatic. If she ends at 2 or 3 it's not the end of the world. Her new album is praised everywhere, that's what really matters. 

7 hours ago, side_streets said:

Dear fans American fans, 

don't listen to the CD, stream!!! 😘

I only stream music on my Spotify. I dont even have a CD player!

I’m streaming streaming and streaming on Spotify premium and iTunes but got the CD for the quality of sound and insert too 

52 minutes ago, Steve said:

I’m streaming streaming and streaming on Spotify premium and iTunes but got the CD for the quality of sound and insert too 

Please also stream EACH tracks of Madame X individually to make the tracks chart on Hot 100. 

Thanks 😃

2 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Stop being so overdramatic. If she ends at 2 or 3 it's not the end of the world. Her new album is praised everywhere, that's what really matters. 

Yes, it's not the end of the world 😄

Her last no. 1 album was 7 years ago,

Im just kinda mad that Madame X happened to be released on June 14, having tough competition from Bruce Springsteen and Jonas Brothers. 

If Madame X had been released on May 24 or 31, it wouldve debuted easily at no. 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart. 😁

6 hours ago, metalissimo said:

Now I'm quote worried. 

They too have a ticket bundle

38 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

They too have a ticket bundle

Because Jonas Brothers tour has many shows and the albums redeemed counted only on first week equivalent album units. 

I think on the second week, Jonas Brothers album will drop a lot

I predict their second week equivalent album units will be around 101-105k.

Streamings play significant and crucial factors on albums equivalent units and their position on Billboard 200 albums chart. 

Many of those R&B, rap, hip-hop acts' albums debut at no 1 on Billboard 200 mainly because of streamings. many of their albums only have little amount of traditional pure album sales. 

This week cycle (June 14-20), there is no album releases from big hip hop, acts. 

Madame X's competitions are only Bruce Springsteen and Jonas Brothers. 

I think Bruce Springsteen fans don't do much streamings, they prefer to buy the physical copies of Western Stars. 

I think Jonas Brothers album will be a threat for Madame X for hitting no. 1 since Jonas Brothers fans are mostly likely are teenagers who stream a lot. 

Please keep streaming Madame X album everyday and also EACH songs of it individually until June 20. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info