STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Guest neeto_mosqueeto
On 5/7/2019 at 4:29 AM, boy skeffington said:

The second page of the ticket reserve process takes you to a separate page where you have to select to buy the album if you don't get the tickets. It's not automatic. You have to move the arrow up to the number. It has album amount, shipping/handling charges. I selected none so there will be no charge for the album if I do or don't get the tickets. 

You can't move to the next page until you select BUY album or NO BUY album. 

I opted out of buying the album when I bought my tickets. I thought I missed out on the bundle but I got the email to redeem the cds anyway. 

So anybody that opted out like me should look for the email and redeem the cds. I would have missed the email had I not looked for it.

Guys just to say none of those Spotify accounts can be used or work as they all send links to the personal email accounts to verify who you are . 

Honestly, you can get Spotify 3 months for $9, which is crazy cheap. Just sign up! Listen to the album for 3 months and then cancel it. Really, it’s not that complicating. 

Is it true that in some European countries, Carrefour started selling the CD? If that's the case, will that count for this week's sale? Has anyone heard this??

16 hours ago, shoecool said:

I can redeem a CD from the bundle with the tour ticket, but it needs a US address to ship to. Anyone interested in getting an extra CD? 

If you cannot get a reply for this, just make up an address. It will still help for first week :D

I have a question about Apple Music - if I’ve already clicked the download cloud on the streaming service and have also ordered the digi album on iTunes will one these get canx?

should I un-download/delete the Apple Music album on thursday night then wait till the iTunes digi album is available at midnight download that then re-download on Apple Music?

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

I have a question about Apple Music - if I’ve already clicked the download cloud on the streaming service and have also ordered the digi album on iTunes will one these get canx?

should I un-download/delete the Apple Music album on thursday night then wait till the iTunes digi album is available at midnight download that then re-download on Apple Music?

Buy from iTunes, then delete it from your phone/device and then stream the hell out of it from Apple Music. 

That way both your purchase and streams count. 

If you only purchase, and then listen to that purchased version on your device, only the purchase counts. 

I had same question as above . Been told my albums coming in mail in the morning , I presume these all count ?? How come I’m getting it before release day . 

Did you guys get this email from Madonna site today??? Madonna <newsletter@madonna.com>...

Hope you all have signed up for an account on Madonna.com site,  so you should get this email to the email address you have on file with the site.  

Get ready to stream Madonna's new album on Friday, June 14th on Amazon Music Unlimited! I did and just signed up for free!!! As a treat to Madonna fans in celebration of Madame X, sign up today for an exclusive 4 months FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited*.

It took me literally 2 minutes to sign up. I am already streaming the songs already released.

Madonna Amazon2.jpg

2 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

That’s a nice promo but they should have announced that on Amazon Music accounts or something, Madonna.com fans surely have the album preordered or use Spotify/Tidal/Google/Amazon by now.

I got an email from Amazon.com 3 hours ago! 

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.52.20 PM.png

Guest neeto_mosqueeto
12 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Honestly, you can get Spotify 3 months for $9, which is crazy cheap. Just sign up! Listen to the album for 3 months and then cancel it. Really, it’s not that complicating. 

It’s actually only $0.99 for 3 months for anyone who hasn’t tried premium before. I signed up to stream Madame X with a vengeance. ♥️❌💋

9 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I had same question as above . Been told my albums coming in mail in the morning , I presume these all count ?? How come I’m getting it before release day . 

You redeemed the Madame X album right? 

Yes it will count as first-week sales. 

If I stream from my Premium Spotify account (located in Romania), my streaming counts for the worlwide album sells, not for Billboard Top 200. I can’t login on those US Premium accounts listed here before 😞 

14 hours ago, mmmike said:

I got an email from Amazon.com 3 hours ago! 

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.52.20 PM.png

Cool, and I went there this morning and almost lost my shit. 

As I thought today was the 14th. 🙂🙂 Nope. 

ONE MORE DAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Mozo1 said:

Cool, and I went there this morning and almost lost my shit. 

As I thought today was the 14th. 🙂🙂 Nope. 

ONE MORE DAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited that I may just stay up tonight and wait until the album comes out on Apple Music. :confessions:

What's the prediction for first week sales in the US? 

I predict "pure sales" of 92,000, and include the other piece that makes up the total sales, and that brings it to 118,000.

Do you think she will get her 9th number one album in the US on Billboard? Bruce Springsteen may block her...ugh

On 6/12/2019 at 9:44 PM, Logan said:

Buy from iTunes, then delete it from your phone/device and then stream the hell out of it from Apple Music. 

That way both your purchase and streams count. 

If you only purchase, and then listen to that purchased version on your device, only the purchase counts. 

What about a downloaded album in Spotify? It does count each play as a stream?