STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

23 minutes ago, lautert said:

Medellín is at #1 in italian charts combined, such a pity it won't chart higher on the singles chart due to streaming 

ridicilous

58 minutes ago, Kim said:

It also says in the small print that even if you don't get selected for tix you still get charged for the album which is genius really, if slightly outrageous of course.

:rotfl:

Omg, genious indeed. 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

It also says in the small print that even if you don't get selected for tix you still get charged for the album which is genius really, if slightly outrageous of course.

The second page of the ticket reserve process takes you to a separate page where you have to select to buy the album if you don't get the tickets. It's not automatic. You have to move the arrow up to the number. It has album amount, shipping/handling charges. I selected none so there will be no charge for the album if I do or don't get the tickets. 

You can't move to the next page until you select BUY album or NO BUY album. 

4 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

The second page of the ticket reserve process takes you to a separate page where you have to select to buy the album if you don't get the tickets. It's not automatic. You have to move the arrow up to the number. It has album amount, shipping/handling charges. I selected none so there will be no charge for the album if I do or don't get the tickets. 

Good. The t&c's don't make it clear that the option to choose or not only becomes available if you don't get accepted for tix.

10 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

So in effect this should eliminate the problem of Billboard not counting bundles unless the buyer is given the option to download it. At least logically... 

3 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

So in effect this should eliminate the problem of Billboard not counting bundles unless the buyer is given the option to download it. At least logically... 

I read so much yesterday I probably can't find it. However, it did say somewhere if you got the notification on Sunday that you received tickets, there is an additional email where you have to opt in or accept the digital album. So it will take a step from the buyer to access the free album, so then it would count I think. 

7 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

I read so much yesterday I probably can't find it. However, it did say somewhere if you got the notification on Sunday that you received tickets, there is an additional email where you have to opt in or accept the digital album. So it will take a step from the buyer to access the free album, so then it would count I think. 

Oh thats great. They seem to have their bases covered.

So do 3 songs = a full album stream? If so then this Friday Medellín, Crave and I Rise played together will contribute to the album sales? Is this right?

29 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

So do 3 songs = a full album stream? If so then this Friday Medellín, Crave and I Rise played together will contribute to the album sales? Is this right?

No. But the streams will count towards an RIAA certification. For example, Invasion of Privacy was eligible for a gold certification (500k) upon release because Bodak Yellow shifted 5M certified units (meaning the song was officially certified 5 Xs Platinum) before the album was released.

Edited by BokuNo

Hi guys, I haven’t seen this thread before and I’m just joining. My name is José Andrés.

I made a streaming group on Twitter and have been sharing all the strategies and info people need to know about the streaming, streaming era, how to stream, cheating tricks and whatever they need to know. Same here, I’d like to share this with you, reply to this if you have any question. 🌝👋🏻

I’ll leave the links for streaming party playlists we’ve made for YouTube and Spotify:

1- YouTube: http://bit.ly/MedellinStreamingParty

2- Spotify:

On 5/8/2019 at 10:38 PM, jandresrc said:

Hi guys, I haven’t seen this thread before and I’m just joining. My name is José Andrés.

I made a streaming group on Twitter and have been sharing all the strategies and info people need to know about the streaming, streaming era, how to stream, cheating tricks and whatever they need to know. Same here, I’d like to share this with you, reply to this if you have any question. 🌝👋🏻

I’ll leave the links for streaming party playlists we’ve made for YouTube and Spotify:

2- Spotify:

why is ed sheeran in the playlist? lol

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

An attempt to get Crave recommended in his video for autoplay. As Bitch I’m Madonna was recommended on Hey Mama back in 2015

2 minutes ago, Animal Instinct said:

Madame X iz rising on Apple music.

Yaaaas Queen, slay those preorders!!!

IMG_20190510_111426.jpg

excuse the question, but did the album appear only now because three songs have been released? how do you preorder the album on apple music? 

6 hours ago, Hobbit said:

excuse the question, but did the album appear only now because three songs have been released? how do you preorder the album on apple music? 

this is not pre orders this is ONLY streams

So Madonna just passed the 13 million mark of monthly listeners on Spotify!

The top 3 cities who most listens to Madonna continues to be:

1. Mexico City (Mexico)

2. Santiago (Chile)

3. São Paulo (Brazil)

Annnnnnd some North American and European fans are calling us SPOILED for complaining about the tour! The NERVE!

2 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

Annnnnnd some North American and European fans are calling us SPOILED for complaining about the tour! The NERVE!

I'm sure she will bring her tour to SA - my fingers crossed for you ! 

Great news from South America!! I hope her team is aware of this!

9 hours ago, Marcelox said:

It's not stream wise but..  Maluma started his tour and he played Madellin..  Is a good promo I guess.. 

So his tour is what prevented Medellin from being in Eurovision. 

SPOTIFY I Rise

02/05/2019 15,732
03/05-09/05/2019 1,680,503 (+1,664,771)

10/05/2019 1,782,754 (+102,251)

SPOTIFY Crave
09/05/2019 14,349

10/05/2019 658,626 (+644,277)

Thanks to beredy

Crave is stuck around #27 at UK iTunes, currently #47 in US, we need that video!😍

My boss went to Maluma's show in Lima (my city) and told me that people were singing the lyrics of Medellin.

Theywere screaming loud the "ONE, TWO, CHA CHA CHA" part. 😭

Its a sad day when there are multi formats needed to chart a single. It should be sales alone. Radio and streaming can be manipulated... sales not so much unless you give it super cheap! If she never charts again thats ok. I still have music and to me its all good!! Im really loving "crave"!

3 hours ago, AlvaroLiam said:

My boss went to Maluma's show in Lima (my city) and told me that people were singing the lyrics of Medellin.

They shoul rename the song as: ONE TWO, CHA CHA CHA.

I bet Medellin is too abstract for everyday joe🤣

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:38 PM, jandresrc said:

2- Spotify:

Thank you for sharing the Spotify playlist and all the strategies! I been playing your list on YouTube for weeks! 🙂 

Numbers look better and better on Spotify every day! 400,000 more monthly listeners increase in 2 days. 

Madonna Spotify stats 5.12.19.JPG

5 hours ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Glad to hear this!!

Read on another forum that Skillet and Jonas Bros are only ones ahead of her in USA pre orders , anybody know who these are ?? Seemingly album is released the week before MX. Bruce is well down on pecking order ,  now anyhow