New album thread - cont

2 hours ago, Jairo said:

Don't worry, there's a huge brand who will have the worldwide exclusive and it's perfect because tomorrow is the beginning of the Holy Week in Catholic countries. Thursday and Friday are Holidays so Wednesday is perfect for LATAM and then a Thursday release worldwide.

Is the huge brand Apple Music? She was rumored to be filming something for them in London.

He hasn't even had a big hit in the past year almost. At least in Romania. Haven't heard any new song from him since ''Corazon'' on the radio or wherever else and I'm glad I haven't lol

12 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:lmao: :rotfl: 

Grammy's are shit!

Yeah they are but they are famous for honoring older artists.... and Madonna is iconic and a legend. And a draw if she performs. 

12 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Anyway,

I'm here for MEDELLÍN! :wow:

Bring the cha cha cha, queen! Bring the vallenato! :dramatic:

This!!!!! 

9 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Could his caption be song lyrics?!?! Dont be looking for me I'm always traveling the world or something?!

20190413_130224.jpg

Could be! Pero de Medellín soy! :wow:

24 minutes ago, Andyrs said:

He hasn't even had a big hit in the past year almost. At least in Romania. Haven't heard any new song from him since ''Corazon'' on the radio or wherever else and I'm glad I haven't lol

Maluma’s songs in Greece are played on radio ... I don’t know why 😂

51 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

I live near a five way cross roads, and the Baianas do rituals here all the time.

It has a strong musical aspect to it. Sometimes I can't even sleep. There's a lot of drums and singing. They kill animals, some of them bathe in their blood. It can be a little upsetting, but there's also a lot of beauty to it.

Ooooooh!!! That’s pretty interesting. Where is that at? What is five way cross roads? 

50 minutes ago, idro said:

Yes thank you and anyway please ...HP at 60 in 2019..... , even young gay tastes ve evolved .

An attractive collaboration with a younger artist motivates US radio stations to play her singles even if they would't play her because of ageism. It worked with with 4 Minutes and Give Me All Your Luvin' - and if her Maluma collabo is nearly as good as 4 Minutes she could get her next #1 in the US. 🙏📿

47 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Hung Up on US charts:

US Billboard Hot 100: 7
US Adult Contemporary: 29
US Adult Top 40: 16
US Mainstream Top 40: 17

Those numbers are amazing coming off of a brilliant yet divisive album (AL). I see HU as Rain: both songs would've been bigger hits under different contexts, but fulfilled the task of re-establishing Madonna as a pop song maker rather than a controversial artist. She always floats in between the two, pure pop and controversy. But now there is the element of age, which she has addressed and (imo) understands well.

I would claim success if she manages either one of the following: one more or a couple of top 40s from this album, or critical acclaim (awards, positive press, interest, etc.). That seems like a more achievable thing than a BBHot100 #1.

17 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

I'm so FUCKING XCITED!

I can't wait for Madonna to show she can lipsync better than Thalía!

Cha cha cha! :wow:

omg tgis is so EUROVISION.

Imagine Madonna as that chick!

28 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Could his caption be song lyrics?!?! Dont be looking for me I'm always traveling the world or something?!

20190413_130224.jpg

Bravo! Probably yes!

11 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

An attractive collaboration with a younger artist motivates US radio stations to play her singles even if they would't play her because of ageism. It worked with with 4 Minutes and Give Me All Your Luvin' - and if her Maluma collabo is nearly as good as 4 Minutes she could get her next #1 in the US. 🙏📿

is Maluma a hit in USA?

32 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

It worked with 4 Minutes because the song was good. It did not work with GMAYL. The song had a radio deal for Superbowl weekend and then after was dropped like a rock. So no just because the featuring artist is younger doesnt mean radio will play it.

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

It worked with 4 Minutes because the song was good. It did not work with GMAYL. The song had a radio deal for Superbowl weekend and then after was dropped like a rock. So no just because the featuring artist is younger doesnt mean radio will play it.

Agreed. 

The major difference was 4minutes was a really good pop song, GMAYL wasn't. You can only polish a turd so far.

1 hour ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Hung Up on US charts:

US Billboard Hot 100: 7
US Adult Contemporary: 29
US Adult Top 40: 16
US Mainstream Top 40: 17

You left off both US Billboard Physical Singles Sales (#1) and Digital Singles Sales (#1)

9 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

What a shitty, childish thing to say. And wholly unnecessary and inaccurate. 

Madonna had the U.S in the palm of her hands during the Confessions era as well as the lead up to the Super Bowl. It’s her own fault for releasing the abomination that is GMAYL that made the U.S turn their back on her afterwards. 

And it was Madonna who didn’t tour Australia for 20 years after the Girlie Show. Then came back with inexcusable tardiness during the RHT. 

So let’s stop the generalization of entire countries, shell we? 

LOL. It's her fault for releasing shit music, but US market isn't have good taste too. Making awful trap music number 1 on hot 100 or top 10.

1 minute ago, Orangema said:

The last big lead single was 4 minutes with no doubt. I meant GMAYL is catchy, kind of fun but nothing more. Living for love could be huge with better production.

and?

4 hours ago, Jairo said:

Don't worry, there's a huge brand who will have the worldwide exclusive and it's perfect because tomorrow is the beginning of the Holy Week in Catholic countries. Thursday and Friday are Holidays so Wednesday is perfect for LATAM and then a Thursday release worldwide.

LATAM?