New album thread - cont

So Beyoncé is releasing something next wekeend and Taylor Swift on april 26, do you think that press will take eye on M? I really hope Madonna have the spotlight that she deserve. 

there is always competition.

Madonna is not a popular act to young generation.

taylor gonna win in US for sure but she is so local... who knows

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
7 minutes ago, alcermag said:

So Beyoncé is releasing something next wekeend and Taylor Swift on april 26, do you think that press will take eye on M? I really hope Madonna have the spotlight that she deserve. 

Unfortunately, Taylor Swift will make more waves with anything she releases over Madonna no matter what anyone says.  Taylor has proven to be very successful gloablly even though her last album was as successful as 1989. 

1 minute ago, Amelia said:

Unfortunately, Taylor Swift will make more waves with anything she releases over Madonna no matter what anyone says.  Taylor has proven to be very successful gloablly even though her last album was as successful as 1989. 

taylor is pretty big in north america, china, uk, austrailia, new zeland. Madonna is big in Europe, Latin America. this time Our Queen has Maluma, Anitta.

Very bold of Taylor to release the same day as Avengers, no doubt that she will get #1 but the press will be focused on the movie.

Hopefully she does release the single next Friday and the album before Taylor because she will grab the #1 for at least 3-4 weeks, and even if M14 moves 200k first week it could get blocked.

Taylor’s last two gaps between first single and album release is 2.5 months so her album might come at the end of June, hurry Madame X! 

No way Madonna can compete with Taylor Swift or Beyoncé nowadays. Madonna has been working really really hard and has poured her heart and soul into this album. I honestly don’t want anyone steal her thunder 😥

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
8 minutes ago, fandonna said:

taylor is pretty big in north america, china, uk, austrailia, new zeland. Madonna is big in Europe, Latin America. this time Our Queen has Maluma, Anitta.

Yes, but other than in their regions, no one knows who Maluma and Anitta is.

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

Err...the last album she truly promoted in the US was American life and that was almost 20 years ago. Confessions she only did a few small interviews and didnt even perform Hung Up until grammys 2006 when it was already old. She performed Hung Up and Get Together all over Europe when it was released. Hard Candy she only did that NY gig, Celebration she only did that one Letterman interview that got more press for the pizza and she barely even mentioned her greatest hits, MDNA she did superbowl and dropped off the face of the earth and had to do last minute things with Fallon and UME. RH was gonna underperform no matter what she did because of the leaks so to say she shouldn't focus on the US is ridiculous. That's not to say pay attention to only the US and fuck Europe because that's not gonna help her either. I still firmly believe she can overcome ageism is both US and in Europe with a great song and hopefully this era will do just that. No leaks have occurred and everything has been a well guarded secret. Magic is in the air and we can all feel it.

she actually did a ton of press in the u.s. for hard candy. lots of radio interviews and promo. wb really did it right, at least for the first single. then they sort of crapped the bed.

yeah but her last album didn't do as well as the last few. she's smart to get something new out quickly. 

also, i'm already seeing the entertainment media picking up on her countdown clock. says a lot about what we can expect sadly.

Just now, bardo said:

she actually did a ton of press in the u.s. for hard candy. lots of radio interviews and promo. wb really did it right, at least for the first single. then they sort of crapped the bed.

Yeah once she moved on from the US it went womp womp...i mean even Give it 2 Me charted without the video and it being a single when the album was released. But look how MDNA flopped without promo...it doesn't matter if it's US or UK, if she isn't actively promoting it will fail. If she can avoid negative press and can perform up to her standards she will win. The people that hate her will always hate her but those who are indifferent can be won over.

6 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

Tay Tay has a new album out already?  damn thats fast.  Her last album was less 1.5 years ago.

her last album was a flop wasn't it?

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

her last album was a flop wasn't it?

I wouldn't say it was a flop. It wasnt successful in terms of her other albums but it still did well and give her another number 1, a top 5 and two top 20 singles which i think is pretty damn good considering how people turned on her and called her a snake. While I think she peaked with 1989 this next album wont be a flop unless the songs are truly offensively bad.

4 minutes ago, Showdown said:

I wouldn't say it was a flop. It wasnt successful in terms of her other albums but it still did well and give her another number 1, a top 5 and two top 20 singles which i think is pretty damn good considering how people turned on her and called her a snake. While I think she peaked with 1989 this next album wont be a flop unless the songs are truly offensively bad.

thx

i see no talent on her and i find her song too generic

Madonna will release a song. Not the album IMO plus Eurovision next and album. There’s plenty of time M will shine. The advocate for a change award also. It will affect a bit the streaming but if the song is good.

28 minutes ago, JayMac said:

This is fan made on Spotify. 😥

But fun none the less. 🤪

Madonna posted a story on Instagram an hour ago linking to the playlist with an X

28 minutes ago, JayMac said:

This is fan made on Spotify. 😥

But fun none the less. 🤪

The fan made playlists are not on the main page of the artist. Plus only artist can change the animate background for songs. 

huge fanbase really helps an album or a song to rise quickly. but after all, the public must pick it up. no fanbase can make a hit without support from the public. taylor's last album wasnt successful (in terms of her standard). even some singles from that album are a flop. 

This time Madonna has to bring a really good song which is comparable to Music, Hung Up. if her new song is great, the public will listen to her and Madonna might beat all the competitors.

NO MORE Bitch I'm Madonna, Living For Love, Give Me All Your Luvin' !!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Adriano said:

thx

i see no talent on her and i find her song too generic

That's fine, you can find her song too generic lol personally I am hoping M has one more number 1 in her so she can hold the record of oldest woman to hit number 1 and be the only artist to have a number 1 on the main chart for 4 consecutive decades...80s 90s 00s and 10s. Nobody else will ever come close to that record if she obtains it. Superficial I know, but i would be so happy and proud if that's part of her legacy. 

Surely Madonna's team wouldn't risk releasing around said time as Beyonce and Taylor, its not even fair to compete, totally different markets but they could block a number one single/album for Madonna particularly as she won't be played on youth oriented radio, no matter how strong the music those days are over. Perhaps from a single perspective it doesn't matter as without radio support that is consistent it won't chart in the USA anyway. Talk about throwing Madonna in the lions den if all three have new material, her team HAS to be smarter than that!!!

10 minutes ago, the-queen said:

Haven’t listened to one song and I avoid her like the plague. So annoying.

same, i have listened but.... she sounds fake.

1 hour ago, iamme said:

No way Madonna can compete with Taylor Swift or Beyoncé nowadays. Madonna has been working really really hard and has poured her heart and soul into this album. I honestly don’t want anyone steal her thunder 😥

I got the same feeling. Lol whole start of 2019 there was no competition....