New album thread: more teasers from the Queen

Guest ditaluver

2 hours ago, Kim said:

I'm sure if Madame X is the title, Madonna has taken her inspiration from the Sargent painting  or the Bisson play  (and subsequent films) rather than some old PROSTITUTE.

:lol:

Yes. The story behind the woman in the painting is very interesting. The play and movies - I love the Lana Turner melodramatic movie :dramatic:-  is also interesting and o'h so dramatic and kind of twisted. 

I don't like the Madame X name as an album title as it is famous for specific other things ( painting and play/movies ) but that is just my view on it. Like Madonna to have something that she alone can be well known for.  If it does end up being the title though, I think Madonna would do a great take on it.   

1 hour ago, Phineaspoe said:

I love the idea of these teasers but why are they ugly. I think that’s what intrigues me the most at this point. For someone so regal. It’s all pretty lo-fi, and also organic. Like she literally found an X outside a school and posted it. Aaaannd how does this all tie to Portugal. Crazy making. 

Do you usually follow M on social media? Because everything shes posted since starting has been inexplicably lo-fi and compressed.......sometimes I wonder how she’a actually able to post such lo-res quality?

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 hours ago, JayMac said:

Perhaps Madame is just a decoy album title like she used back with hard candy. 

I’m sure she will go with an English album title.

"decoy album title"?   Madonna hasn't ever mentioned such.  This is all fan speculation based after multiple X's that's been posted by her.   

I hope people aren't going to get upset when the album name doesn't turn out to be "Madame X" or when nothing is released on April 18th.  I get the impression some really believe this is a confirmed title and date.  

I still don't believe the "X" has anything to do with an album title or single that is being released.  Just a thematic gimmick, giving vague clues of what is to come. 

@Kurt420 commented about those who didn't like the title "Madame X". I was one who said that I wasn't really digging it.  Though, it won't end my world if it is.  I just feel it's a bit campy and doesn't seem to be representative of the Portugal influence I thought the album was supposed to have.  Then again, we really know nothing about this album.  I actually like that fact.  It's been a long time since we've had a Madonna release upon us where we didn't know much about the album.  It'll be nice listening to this album without any preconceived notions or spoilers to what it's about. 

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

8 hours ago, Ray Finkle said:

Something tells me this list isn't complete... 4 more characters, maybe ?

708647C7-8E0B-43AF-B996-F0B1D8B711FA.jpeg

15 all up if there's going to be 9 boxes... 15 songs were on the white board

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 minute ago, humanracin said:

15 all up if there's going to be 9 boxes... 15 songs were on the white board

Just because we saw 15 titles, means they all made the cut.  If I recall, she still was doing a lot of studio work for months after that Instagram post was made.

8 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

Went to insta post that tagged all crew. This guy’s account (the dp) has stories from what looks like the shoot?

https://instagram.com/paulozgur?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1hhulh8q935gc

looks epic

it should be related with madonna

4 minutes ago, fandonna said:

looks epic

it should be related with madonna

im sure it is.. her team is all there right now, Andy left over the weekend from LA, and using Isamaya this time instead of Aaron.

This is where they were filming:

Aspecto+geral+do+Santu%25C3%25A1rio+de+N

Santuário de Nossa Senhora do Cabo Espichel

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Cape Espichel, also known as Nossa Senhora da Pedra Mua, is one of the most impressive sites in this region for its location and its remarkable natural architectural complex. Its worship dates back to 1410, when the venerated image of Our Lady of the Cape was discovered at the tip of Cape Espichel by two old men from Caparica and Alcabideche, who were given signs from Heaven in coinciding dreams. Until the start of the 18th century, the grounds around the primitive temple were encased by houses for the pilgrims who travelled there in pilgrimage to venerate the image.

Built facing away from the sea, the current church was built by royal order between 1701 and 1707, its design by architect João Antunes. As of 1715, the heavy influx of pilgrims to the Cape forced the construction of two wings of inns with housing and shops, which were enlarged between 1745 and 1760. Later, a supply system including the aqueduct and the water house were built, and, after that, the Opera House, of which only ruins remain.

Inside, you will find a number of valuable artistic relics, namely the altarpiece of the high altar in the national baroque style, which guards the image of the Lady of the Cape; the painted ceilings (done in 1740 by Lourenço da Cunha) and the 16th century paintings by the Master of Lourinhã, representing Saint James and Saint Anthony and which can be seen in the sacristy. Also deserving attention is the gallery located on the high altar, which was intended for royal visits.

A few metres from the Sanctuary, on the cliffs, remains the little Hermitage of Memory, dating from the 15th century and built on the exact spot of the apparition. Its interior is lined with 18th century tile panels that depict the legend of the Lady of the Cape.

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/santuario-de-nossa-senhora-do-cabo-espichel

15 minutes ago, Adriano said:

is the grey covered person actually madonna???

Edit: No. Looks to me as It is Emmanuel Adjei. Check out Paul Ozgur remaining Instagram stories video(https://www.instagram.com/paulozgur/?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1hhulh8q935gc ). It is clear as day.

1 hour ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

This is where they were filming:

Aspecto+geral+do+Santu%25C3%25A1rio+de+N

Santuário de Nossa Senhora do Cabo Espichel

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Cape Espichel, also known as Nossa Senhora da Pedra Mua, is one of the most impressive sites in this region for its location and its remarkable natural architectural complex. Its worship dates back to 1410, when the venerated image of Our Lady of the Cape was discovered at the tip of Cape Espichel by two old men from Caparica and Alcabideche, who were given signs from Heaven in coinciding dreams. Until the start of the 18th century, the grounds around the primitive temple were encased by houses for the pilgrims who travelled there in pilgrimage to venerate the image.

Built facing away from the sea, the current church was built by royal order between 1701 and 1707, its design by architect João Antunes. As of 1715, the heavy influx of pilgrims to the Cape forced the construction of two wings of inns with housing and shops, which were enlarged between 1745 and 1760. Later, a supply system including the aqueduct and the water house were built, and, after that, the Opera House, of which only ruins remain.

Inside, you will find a number of valuable artistic relics, namely the altarpiece of the high altar in the national baroque style, which guards the image of the Lady of the Cape; the painted ceilings (done in 1740 by Lourenço da Cunha) and the 16th century paintings by the Master of Lourinhã, representing Saint James and Saint Anthony and which can be seen in the sacristy. Also deserving attention is the gallery located on the high altar, which was intended for royal visits.

A few metres from the Sanctuary, on the cliffs, remains the little Hermitage of Memory, dating from the 15th century and built on the exact spot of the apparition. Its interior is lined with 18th century tile panels that depict the legend of the Lady of the Cape.

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/santuario-de-nossa-senhora-do-cabo-espichel

This is fascinating. Beautiful! Thanks!!