New album thread: more teasers from the Queen

Guest ditaluver

She was hashtagging Magic before she leaked the tracklisting so it's definitely not a song title - it could still be the album title. It could easily intertwine with the female archetypes depending on how it's presented.

I'd definitely prefer Magic or LX (or anything) over Madame X

1 hour ago, Danmacevents said:

Mirwais 

Screenshot_20190408-231109.jpg

I’m ready. Let’s get this ball moving...

Obviously we have no idea what this whole thing is about. As much as some people in here like to pretend they do....

BUT... If she were to do some kind of character portrayal or role playing with this era, that would be entirely different from any of her prior reinventions. Sure, there was Dita and Veronica Electronica and Esther (:lmao:) but she’s never done an era as someone else but Madonna. And  IF (big iIF) all of these different pics she’s posted with drastically different wigs and make up ARE in fact some kind of multi character concept, then I’m all here for it. 

I think it’d be extremely interesting to see these different characters conceptualized on stage for the next tour IF (BIG IF) that’s what she has planned. 

1 minute ago, KalamazooJay said:

Obviously we have no idea what this whole thing is about. As much as some people in here like to pretend they do....

BUT... If she were to do some kind of character portrayal or role playing with this era, that would be entirely different from any of her prior reinventions. Sure, there was Dita and Veronica Electronica and Esther (:lmao:) but she’s never done an era as someone else but Madonna. And  IF (big iIF) all of these different pics she’s posted with drastically different wigs and make up ARE in fact some kind of multi character concept, then I’m all here for it. 

I think it’d be extremely interesting to see these different characters conceptualized on stage for the next tour IF (BIG IF) that’s what she has planned. 

OMG I'm so caught up in the now and up the next month I haven't really thought about tour yet. Agreed though, IF all this ends up being true, it could really make for an amazing tour!!

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

OMG I'm so caught up in the now and up the next month I haven't really thought about tour yet. Agreed though, IF all this ends up being true, it could really make for an amazing tour!!

I know, right??

Not to keep comparing this to Tori Amos, but while the album, American Doll Posse was a total mess (in my opinion) the TOUR was one of her absolute best. The different ‘characters’ she portrayed allowed her to dig back into her discography and perform songs she hadn’t done in YEARS. So it’d be fun to see what Madonna could do with a concept like that on stage.

Ok, I’m done. We have no fucking clue what she’s going to do and I’m raising my own expectations. 

34 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

She was hashtagging Magic before she leaked the tracklisting so it's definitely not a song title - it could still be the album title. It could easily intertwine with the female archetypes depending on how it's presented.

I'd definitely prefer Magic or LX (or anything) over Madame X

i wonder if magic is the album title and madame x is the "alter ego" for the album like dita parlo was. i do prefer magic as an album title and she was using the hashtag as recently as a few weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I know, right??

Not to keep comparing this to Tori Amos, but while the album, American Doll Posse was a total mess (in my opinion) the TOUR was one of her absolute best. The different ‘characters’ she portrayed allowed her to dig back into her discography and perform songs she hadn’t done in YEARS. So it’d be fun to see what Madonna could do with a concept like that on stage.

Ok, I’m done. We have no fucking clue what she’s going to do and I’m raising my own expectations. 

I would love that! 

41 minutes ago, bardo said:

i wonder if magic is the album title and madame x is the "alter ego" for the album like dita parlo was. i do prefer magic as an album title and she was using the hashtag as recently as a few weeks ago.

I hope so. I really like the idea of characters - especially as Madonna created such intense, glamourous and interesting characters with incredible looks in so many of her past video clips.  Would love that again. Different characters with different looks for video clips.  I also prefer the title of Magic as an album as well. Madonna creates musical magic so is perfect. 

If I understand batuka correctly it's about women coming together and making music. It's a celebration but there's also an element of "dance-off". I see how M could elaborate on this concept. What if the various women in batuka were all M characters? 

35 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

But what about all the Portuguese influences? What about Batuka? Disco God, X, horses, oh God. 

19 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I hope so. I really like the idea of characters - especially as Madonna created such intense, glamourous and interesting characters with incredible looks in so many of her past video clips.  Would love that again. Different characters with different looks for video clips.  I also prefer the title of Magic as an album as well. Madonna creates musical magic so is perfect. 

I love that idea too, Madame X would be a divisive and cliche album title. A cover of 'i'm every woman' with a montage of all her looks can be part of the theme

Wow I'm really liking the idea of her portraying different characters. This is getting more interesting by the minute!! It won't be long now until we see all of her plans take form. 

I am so freakin excited omgosh!!! Why does this all feel so massive?! She is teasing the shit out of me and I'm eating it up! She's coming! 

If that's from the mv in LA then do we think disco stomper is first single now or is the double single thing still a thing?

Aaah I'm ready for it all. 

1 hour ago, Reindeer said:

If I understand batuka correctly it's about women coming together and making music. It's a celebration but there's also an element of "dance-off". I see how M could elaborate on this concept. What if the various women in batuka were all M characters? 

Yeah, could be. 🙂

Looks as if she has put A LOT OF thought into this whole concept, and it seems less pedestrian than RH. I pray to God that the songs are good and that Interscope doesn’t fuck things up. 

We might be in for a hell of a ride