Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?

Lolo

1 hour ago, Musicinferno said:

If she really has 12 minutes, she could perform Like A Prayer, Medellín and Crave.

I can't help but think how hilarious it would be if she opened with Candy Shop.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/3954/eurovision-hopefuls-tune-israel-amid-boycott-calls-doc-1gb2l32

- Madonna under pressure -

Although it has waded into complicated geo-political waters in the past, this year's competition has become embroiled in the deep divisions of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Big-name rock stars including Pink Floyd's Roger Waters and British singer Peter Gabriel have unsuccessfully urged that it be relocated to another country.

US music icon Madonna has come under pressure to drop two performances she will reportedly give when the semi-finals culminate in the finals on Saturday, May 18.

The latest report about M's performance, about the petition to boycott

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, nobelson said:

I can't help but think how hilarious it would be if she opened with Candy Shop.

I' ve just wet myself thinking about it 🙂

2 hours ago, rekha said:

Yes 12 minutes would be enough for 3 songs. Fingers crossed!

If she does LAP, the choir, the hand claping will definetly eat up half of the time. That Medellin is like 5 minutes...   well we are one week away

I don't know why but I think that only non-European people think this should boycotted :rotfl:The absolute lack of knowledge and the Idea that they know better than European people about a mainly Paneuropean festival is half annoying and half laughable.

And I know I'm reaching too far but I'm tired that everything related with South American and Black sounds are refused and now the Jewish country. Excuse me but Arian Berlin belongs to 1939.

Yes, I know it's too harsh but that's it.

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Btw the more I listen to the Sphynx remix of Medellin the more I think it should be the intro for Madonna's performance in Eurovision!!!!! 

I thought so too.. would be good as a combination with like a prayer

Just now, Nikki said:

I thought so too.. would be good as a combination with like a prayer

It reminds me to Serbian popfolk and that Eastern sound so popular one Eurovision with Turkey, Greece or Azerbaijan...

OMG Maluma's tour started on the 11 but he has a suspicious pause and it's resume on the 23, when he starts having a concert every two days. 

Could that mean that Medellin will be performed???? They talked about two guest and they could be Maluma Baby and Quavo.

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

OMG Maluma's tour started on the 11 but he has a suspicious pause and it's resume on the 23, when he starts having a concert every two days. 

Could that mean that Medellin will be performed???? They talked about two guest and they could be Maluma Baby and Quavo.

...her cravin' gets dangerouz 

I would love for him to show up!! He has been so in awe of her! 

Maybe that million euro that the Festival couldn't afford and was given by that philanthropist was to transport the stage used in the BBA? 

Could the beautiful avatars be there too or would it be considered Madonna repeating herself? I've always wondered why an extra million was necessary.

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Maybe that million euro that the Festival couldn't afford and was given by that philanthropist was to transport the stage used in the BBA? 

Could the beautiful avatars be there too or would it be considered Madonna repeating herself? I've always wondered why an extra million was necessary.

I really hope she doesn't do that. she wouldn't only repeat herself, but the effects looked a little cheap. She can do so much better

17 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

Glad to hear Nana Mouskouri actually exists and it's not an invention by those weird fans who keep posting best selling lists on every Madonna video on Youtube.

Nana is a legend !  

3 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I bet you it's 3 songs. Medellin, Future, and Like A Prayer. That Maluma tour gap may be coincidence, but come on. 

For a long dramatic entrance intro (Offer's Sphinx?), a new song and an extended version of Like a Prayer with space for chanting acapella with the audience she will need about 12 minutes. Starting with a short version of Medellin, continue with Future to Like a Prayer sounds obvious.

45 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

^ from Mistral's daughter. What a drama that was!

:dramatic:

15 minutes ago, runa said:

I love Nana !! :lol:

Nana once represented Luxembourg at Eurovision ! 

She once did an interview, some years ago (maybe 2011) in Spain and she named Madonna. If it sounds shady it is not, she's simply stating the truth and she's giving a very interesting opinion here: 

-Ha visto prácticamente todas las etapas del negocio de la música. ¿Cuál sería su balance actual sobre la situación de esta industria?

-Creo que antes, cuando se vendían millones de discos, paradójicamente era cuando se podía ser más uno mismo. Yo, por ejemplo, no era nada atractiva y llegué a vender más que Madonna. Ahora seguro que intentarían buscar a otra con más sex-appeal antes de contratarme a mí (ríe). Obviamente, todos sabemos que la industria no pudo, o no quiso, adaptarse a los nuevos tiempos cuando llegó internet. Quien no hace las cosas bien a su tiempo lo paga.

TRANSLATION:

You've seen literally all stages in music business. How do you see the music industry nowadays? 

I think before, when millions of albums were sold, paradoxically is when an artist could be him/herself. In my case, for example, I was not attractive, but I could sell more albums than Madonna. Nowadays, I'm sure they would be looking for another with more sex-appeal before they offered me a contract. Obviously, we all know that the industry could not, or did not want to adapt to the new times when Internet came. And those who cannot get ready in time pay a price in the end.

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

It reminds me to Serbian popfolk and that Eastern sound so popular one Eurovision with Turkey, Greece or Azerbaijan...

The Balkan sound

3 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

For a long dramatic entrance intro (Offer's Sphinx?), a new song and an extended version of Like a Prayer with space for chanting acapella with the audience she will need about 12 minutes. Starting with a short version of Medellin, continue with Future to Like a Prayer sounds obvious.

This. The Super Bowl Half-time Show was 13 minutes long and look at how much M crammed in it. I'm obviously expecting fewer songs than at the SB but a lot can happen in 12 minutes. A powerful intro followed by a high energy number followed by an uplifting sing-along. So looking forward to it!

Yeah, Medelling remix intro would be great! The dramatic Nissim remix intro fits perfectly for a live show.

Its only few days when we will find out..

21 minutes ago, Royal T said:

6 days left and still NO OFFICIAL announcement only talks and rumours. Weird.

I bet tomorrow they will.