Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?

Lolo

I do hope Madonna has advisers who told her about the audience and context of Eurovision, and if she's singing a track with Quavo, and only started rehearsing this week, I really doubt it.. I hope we're not waiting for a possible PR disaster.. 

5 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

But does it matter if its a single or not? If the performance is good then people will preorder the album and buy tickets to her show. Thats the ultimate goal. They dont care about the song peaking in the top 50 of itunes for a few days and then dropping. Which would happen with any song including the official singles.

This. All this focus in charts is really frustrating because they mean NOTHING. (Singles chart anyway) artists are literally having every song from an album in the charts for a hot minute and "breaking records" it's not the same as leaving your house and physically getting a single. You can just lay in bed and get it for free.

I'm doing a masters course ATM and I was showing a girl the new songs (which she loved, she's 22) and she said "four years .... Why hasn't she released anything in four years is she lazy? Had she ran out of money?" She wasn't being rude it's just now how things work any moree

Ariana blandé has released two albums in six months and the quality of Ms three tracks are better than both records combined. It's a shame but it's how it is. 

On 5/8/2019 at 2:38 AM, Msig said:

I assume that Madonna originally wanted to perform the disco stomper, but that the EBU found the title and/or lyrics too controversial.

Why is everyone obsessed with this “disco stomper”? At this point, how likely is it that there is even a super friendly, single-worthy, disco “stomper” even in existence??? If it existed, surely it would have been one of the lead singles. 

Maybe they planned to release a dance single (LA drag queens video) before ESC, plus Medellin (<3) flopped on the charts, so they decided to make Crave a second single (radio friendly) and they made a video, ESC didn't like the controversial dance song so they chose Future and it's coming out one day before ESC finale, if that makes any sense... lol

21 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Maybe they planned to release a dance single (LA drag queens video) before ESC, plus Medellin (<3) flopped on the charts, so they decided to make Crave a second single (radio friendly) and they made a video, ESC didn't like the controversial dance song so they chose Future and it's coming out one day before ESC finale, if that makes any sense... lol

I think crave has the potential to become her first worldwide hit in years if she does it on Eurovision.

I don't really see the point in releasing crave as a second single today but for Eurovision suddenly singing another non single

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I think crave has the potential to become her first worldwide hit in years if she does it on Eurovision.

I like Crave. Hope it succeeds. Maybe she really should do it on ESC.

2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

But does it matter if its a single or not? If the performance is good then people will preorder the album and buy tickets to her show. Thats the ultimate goal. They dont care about the song peaking in the top 50 of itunes for a few days and then dropping. Which would happen with any song including the official singles.

I agree with you in one sense and I understand the strategy is to build up as much anticipation for Madame X and that's brilliant but I do think it still matters if it's a single or not.

For me personally if she is going to just play an album track then I really hope she just picks out the albums stand out best cut.

If her team are pushing a single with a video then I think it would make sense especially for hit potential to perform that on the night, after all the exposure will drive people to download the song/watch the performance online over an album track that hasn't been noted anywhere.

Im not being negative she is on point this era and I'm over the moon she's playing EUROVISON it's a massive audience and platform to promote the new music, just personally I would prefer her to sing a single UNLESS she is choosing the best song on the album, that could Futrue after all? 

God I hope it is one of the albums best I don't think the Eurovision bosses give a shit about her having a feature on stage they've bagged Madonna so I hope she's not just choosing it because of Quavo.

16 minutes ago, runa said:

we're not even 100% sure she's gonna be there...

It's confirmed now she is featured in the shows offcial programme as performing.

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It's confirmed now she is featured in the shows offcial programme as performing.

officially confirmed by Eurovision or only by the broadcaster ?
And if I remember correctly they confirmed, then the next day they said it was still in negociation and we didn't get any news since then... 

3 hours ago, runa said:

officially confirmed by Eurovision or only by the broadcaster ?
And if I remember correctly they confirmed, then the next day they said it was still in negociation and we didn't get any news since then... 

The Media Handbook is considered an official EBU publication, published in collaboration with the host broadcaster.

19 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

If she's really going though, what's the point of her not publicly announcing it and creating hype around it??? isn't it a bit counterproductive...?

Justin Timerblake wasnt announced till a week before so they must be following that

10 hours ago, Nikki said:

I do hope Madonna has advisers who told her about the audience and context of Eurovision, and if she's singing a track with Quavo, and only started rehearsing this week, I really doubt it.. I hope we're not waiting for a possible PR disaster.. 

:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Confessit said:

I think she knew but she made out she didn't. 

11 hours ago, peter said:

Quite possibly — let us hope that was the case. 

I'm pretty sure that's what happened there. It's not the first time she does that at interviews. It makes the interviewer explain to the audience and she doesn't comes off as "egocentric".

1 hour ago, madmex said:

The world is finally catching on. Won't mind if she performs this at the contest.

18 hours ago, Nikki said:

At the ESC she has a potential audience of 200 million viewers and will do her own thing. They didn't like her first song and now they have to take the alternative. She will deliver an awesome show no one will ever forget. There's no doubt - disco stomper or not.

The tide is turning and the world is catching on with MX. 

The esc perf. will be the final nail and everything will SMASH what ever she sings.

6 hours ago, toujours said:

The world is finally catching on. Won't mind if she performs this at the contest.

that's because of the newly released offer nissim remix

53 minutes ago, Kilt said:

that's because of the newly released offer nissim remix

Yehey. More remixes then since the world loves to groove to M.

2 hours ago, whyme? said:

The performance has been confirmed

Beautiful. Nothing better than seeing M doing what she was born to do - perform. 

18 hours ago, cocolattee said:

If she's really going though, what's the point of her not publicly announcing it and creating hype around it??? isn't it a bit counterproductive...?

If she were to say she’s going, the MADONNA DON’T GO campaign would be ramped up too. She’s probably best off doing as she’s doing.

23 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Where does it say that it has been officially confirmed? 

From the wind machines spreading news through the air !  :lol:

Karbatal, can't wait. Our lovely hilarious Eurovision watching thread every year amongst us Eurovision fans on the music section of Madonnanation is going to explode this year.  Won't be in the general music section but front and centre in the Madonna section. 

32 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Where does it say that it has been officially confirmed? 

Ugh I didn't put her in any article cuz nobody will confirm.

Some old fart @ work thinks he can make me jealous by saying

'I will look on the call sheet 2moro when I'm @ the rehearsal' :bad:

I told him 'Madame X does a closed rehearsal' and he didn't understand 😀