Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?

Lolo

Re the choice of songs that can be performed at Eurovision -   Madonna is a professional and would know that she is a guest performing there.  This is not like a Madonna concert itself where she has full artistic freedom.  She knows that as commented on why she was not thrilled with MIA flipping the bird at the Superbowl.  When you are a guest at an event,  you have to take the host's consideration into it.  Pure and Simple.  Madonna will make this work. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Re the choice of songs that can be performed at Eurovision -   Madonna is a professional and would know that she is a guest performing there.  This is not like a Madonna concert itself where she has full artistic freedom.  She knows that as commented on why she was not thrilled with MIA flipping the bird at the Superbowl.  When you are a guest at an event,  you have to take the host's consideration into it.  Pure and Simple.  Madonna will make this work. 

I´m very confident too that she will make this work. It´s an immense opportunity to connect to millions of people, she knows that.. she will perform that classic and hopefully the second single which might be the uptempo track so many crave for.

I would like Eurovision not to sing Medellin.  I do not want ver to act with Maluma ... I want to see her ALONE!

Eurovision is for a young audience and the greatest successes of recent years have been disco songs

I expected an album with more disco songs .. certainly not expecting a Medellin ..

I still dream about this supposed snippet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpwwMkDibTi/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=139zpvm3dhyqh 

maybe it's not even part of the album..

is a much more Latin album than expected, I do not know if it will work in many countries..

but she is Madonna .. expect the unexpected😝

7 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

I do not want ver to act with Maluma ... I want to see her ALONE!

Generally speaking, don’t fret - there are 5 collaborations and 10 songs featuring just Madonna on the album itself. 

12 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

I would like Eurovision not to sing Medellin.  I do not want ver to act with Maluma ... I want to see her ALONE!

Eurovision is for a young audience and the greatest successes of recent years have been disco songs

I expected an album with more disco songs .. certainly not expecting a Medellin ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpwwMkDibTi/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=139zpvm3dhyqh 

is a much more Latin album than expected, I do not know if it will work in many countries..

Disco songs? When was the last time a disco song won esc, i cant even remember any

Esc is these days much closer to the contemporary music thats on the charts..not Divas with disco slager anymore.

14 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

Meh, last Eurovision winners have been a mix of styles, with Fuego coming number two last year. 

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Disco songs? When was the last time a disco song won esc, i cant even remember any

Esc is these days much closer to the contemporary music thats on the charts..not Divas with disco slager anymore.

This

50 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

I hope it's on the album - maybe that song is ''Killers who are partying''? I'm really excited about it

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Then she should have explained it so Eurovision had decided. I doubt Israel has all the power in this matter? Or does the country have all the say because it's the intermission? 

As host broadcaster, KAN has the final say in all matters not related to the competition itself, including interval acts.

I can picture Like a prayer meets Candy shop meets chachacha...but I really can´t imagine her singing killers are partying in Israel, I mean,that´s what half of the world things about eruovision happening in israel...and I don´t think she is one of them

1 hour ago, rekha said:

When can we expect the absolute final confirmation to come?

No idea. But when Justin Timberlake did an interval act in 2016, the announcement came about a week before the show.

11 minutes ago, jpop said:

Medellin and Holiday / La Isla Bonita

This is my bet

I think it will depend on the BBMA performance and how it is received. 

A high chance that she will repeat Medellin with a twist.

2 hours ago, AlvaroLiam said:

I think that her team is going to announce it just days before the performance. That way, they avoid to enlarge the controversy.

the controversy is already there: while her new single wasn´t a trending topic in spain´s twitter, Roger waters asking her not to go to eurovision, was

Don’t get me wrong. LAP is true classic song one of the greatest from all times, but this song not for Eurovision. And why she always sings LAP like she doesn’t have any other classic. For example Live to tell Vogue Frozen Ray of light Music Hung Up 4 minutes(yes).. I would like to hear any other song than LAP.

10 minutes ago, Royal T said:

And why she always sings LAP like she doesn’t have any other classic.

Yes. I've never understood that. Most artists would kill for her back catalog, yet she acts as if that's her only "pull out your lighters/cell phones and wave them" kind of song.

19 minutes ago, promise to try said:

the controversy is already there: while her new single wasn´t a trending topic in spain´s twitter, Roger waters asking her not to go to eurovision, was

if that's true, why didn't this forum talk about it? there was barely a mention of that

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

if that's true, why didn't this forum talk about it? there was barely a mention of that

well, we are all so excited with the new music, the multiple formats, the video...that we are not paying attention to roger waters!

Ahh Waters. The man who condemn the killing of innocent people but applauds what's happening in Venezuela just because it's made by a regimen that he supports.

Me and a lot of people (at least in my country) completely lost respect for him after his words.

1 minute ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Ahh Waters. The man who condemn the killing of innocent people but applauds what's happening in Venezuela just because it's made by a regimen that he supports.

Me and a lot of people (at least in my country) completely lost respect for him after his words.

This. Unfortunately brazillian left politic parties support that dictator and say the right wing is a dictatorship. A mess.

hope madonna gives 0 fucks to these ppl.

Btw, if she does the rumored disco song, this woman better serve Hung Up too.

It's been a decade since she performed it in its original version and now the universe has aligned for her to do it again. I'm not joking M, first advice. (?)

1 minute ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Btw, if she does the rumored disco song, this woman better serve Hung Up too.

It's been a decade since she performed it in its original version and now the universe has aligned for her to do it again. I'm not joking M, first advice. (?)

She performed Hung Up original version at coachella with drake :DDD