Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?

Lolo

2 minutes ago, Alfastar said:

Wiwibloggs are reporting that the classic song Madonna will sing is Like a prayer.

26661191-C590-454F-9B90-9FEBAF82B5BE.png

I think this was odds on from the start.

It is the ultimate Madonna signature song and it will unite the either arena with the whole place singing along.

28 minutes ago, Alfastar said:

Wiwibloggs are reporting that the classic song Madonna will sing is Like a prayer.

26661191-C590-454F-9B90-9FEBAF82B5BE.png

Well it's Eurovision, so she might as well go full on and make it a stomping Italo disco happy handbag dance version - and I'm here for it tbqh!

Can't go wrong with LAP! I know some are tired of it but keep in mind, this is the GP and LAP is definitely one of the Madonna song that transcends ALL BULLSHIT!! Everyone loves that song, even those that "hate" Madonna. 

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Can't go wrong with LAP! I know some are tired of it but keep in mind, this is the GP and LAP is definitely one of the Madonna song that transcends ALL BULLSHIT!! Everyone loves that song, even those that "hate" Madonna. 

Agree.

It's become her signature song, in my opinion above Like a Virgin and Vogue and truly is the quintessential M song.

Maybe we get a little re-invention of LAP in the sense of giving it a more European touch, like changing the choir parts into something less African-American and more - let’s say - East European... could be interesting. 

18 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Agree.

It's become her signature song, in my opinion above Like a Virgin and Vogue and truly is the quintessential M song.

I am very happy about LAP, but I am so curious to know what new song she will perform.

2 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I am very happy about LAP, but I am so curious to know what new song she will perform.

I can't wait until we find out but if isn't one of the iTunes singles we are getting next month then it's even more intriguing.

Walla! also reports that Madonna will sing one more song, a selection from her new album Madame X. Walla!‘s source claims that Madonna is choosing between album tracks “Future” (with American rapper Quavo) or “Dark Ballet”. Her new single “Medellín” is not a contender for Eurovision.

https://wiwibloggs.com/2019/04/19/madonna-like-a-prayer-eurovision-2019/237534/

7 minutes ago, Msig said:

Walla! also reports that Madonna will sing one more song, a selection from her new album Madame X. Walla!‘s source claims that Madonna is choosing between album tracks “Future” (with American rapper Quavo) or “Dark Ballet”. Her new single “Medellín” is not a contender for Eurovision.

https://wiwibloggs.com/2019/04/19/madonna-like-a-prayer-eurovision-2019/237534/

A ballad as her new song. Not sure if that is a good idea

Like A Prayer is the best option because she's in Israel, the place where religions gather. 

About the other song, she won't miss the promo. She will perform a single. Maybe she's not compromising because maybe it depends on how Medellin works in European charts.

Or could it be that the initial plan was for Killers to premiere but that was the song that was considered too controversial so they now have to go with plan B?

If it’s like a prayer and dark ballet then it’s exactly what she did at the Met last year. Hmm 😢 

Just now, luizotaviobarros said:

Or could it be that the initial plan was for Killers to premiere but that was the song that was considered too controversial so they now have to go with plan B?

If it’s like a prayer and dark ballet then it’s exactly what she did at the Met last year. Hmm 😢 

Or ''I Rise''? The song that was described as an anthem?

36 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

A ballad as her new song. Not sure if that is a good idea

Unless there haven’t been drastic changes in the production and direction of the song I’d really strongly advocate against Dark Ballet. 

Just now, Andyrs said:

Or ''I Rise''? The song that was described as an anthem?

Yeah, and that’s the one they mentioned in the press release. But it’s probably not disco, otherwise it wouldn’t be the closing track. 

But are we all sure that the clip shot with the drag queens - probably for a single - is disco-inspired? 

So maybe the four releases are simply album tracks to create buzz and awareness, with killers being the real second single?

Im confused. 

But Im trusting their decisions this time. The rollout has been flawless so far

3 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Unless there haven’t been drastic changes in the production and direction of the song I’d really strongly advocate against Dark Ballet. 

Yeah. It didn’t exactly set people on fire last year. 

Calm down, let's not freak out now. There's still a month to go. There will be rumors just for clickbait. Madonna knows what she's doing. The rollout is perfect so far.

Well we'll eventually will find out but it's.true that there were rumours that one song had to be changed because it was too controversial. If that's the disco one and Medellin maybe cannot be performed because Maluma is unavailable then it's a bummer. 

I hope and trust that the performance is an opportunity for at least one single. 

On 4/17/2019 at 7:12 PM, loowee said:

Performing “Killers Who Are Partying” & possibly “Like A Prayer” in Israel. This bitch knows exactly what she’s doing. 

yes pls

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

yes pls

But they said it is a toss between Future or Dark Ballet. Probably Killers wasnt approved because of political crap

1 minute ago, Bat-Fan said:

But they said it is a toss between Future or Dark Ballet. Probably Killers wadnt approved because of political crap

Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Oh yes, I just remember you now: you do.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:11 PM, karbatal said:

The thing is that I can't imagine what could be controversial about a song. Unless it's proPalestine I can't imagine any message that is a no-no for the festival! 

Considering that the contest is taking place in Israel, the title itself - Killers Who Are Partying - might be considered too controversial. Not by the EBU, but by KAN, the Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation.

8 minutes ago, Msig said:

Considering that the contest is taking place in Israel, the title itself - Killers Who Are Partying - might be considered too controversial. Not by the EBU, but by KAN, the Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation.

Then she should have explained it so Eurovision had decided. I doubt Israel has all the power in this matter? Or does the country have all the say because it's the intermission? 

Anyway, and this is all speculating, if she couldn't sing the second single she'd better kidnap Maluma and perform Medellin.