Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?

Lolo

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Thats news to me, seemed liked most ppl disliked it

It got heavy buzz on social media and millions of you tube views, but just seemed like many in the public didn't like it.

I've seen fans say it helped get new millennial age fans. Just don't know if that's really true.

54 minutes ago, Nick said:

It got heavy buzz on social media and millions of you tube views, but just seemed like many in the public didn't like it.

I've seen fans say it helped get new millennial age fans. Just don't know if that's really true.

I think it’s true as I work at a university (full of 18-21 year olds) & I remember when BIM video was released the majority new about it and funnily they categorised it as TRAP music 🤣

53 minutes ago, Andyrs said:

Um, apparently some say that Spotify playlist was made by a fan and that it's not on her official Spotify acc???

Then they don't know how Spotify works . Also she just linked to it on Instagram so it's real

This email is being widely distributed.  Though I am looking forward to her performing, I would not blame her for withdrawing.  I guess we'll see .  .  .

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear supporter,

Madonna has announced that she will perform at Eurovision in apartheid Tel Aviv next month. This comes at a time when fewer and fewer international artists are agreeing to perform under apartheid, with thousands of artists now publicly supporting the cultural boycott of Israel.

Take action

Along with Jewish Voice for Peace, we’re asking Madonna to cancel her Eurovision show. We’ve done this before and we can do it again. Last year, together we urged Lana Del Rey to cancel her show at Israel’s complicit Meteor festival. She did; one of twenty artists to withdraw.

But we can’t do it without you.

Will you join us again and sign the petition to Madonna?

1555155349.png

The call from Palestinian artists to boycott Eurovision hosted by apartheid Israel is already supported by over 100,000 people who’ve signed petitions, hundreds of leading artists, many former Eurovision contestants including one winner, more than 20 Israeli artists, and over 100 LGBTQ+ groups.

Israel’s fanatic, far right government has made clear its intention to enforce its apartheid regime over Palestinians in perpetuity, and continues to massacre Palestinians peacefully protesting in Gaza, including Maysara abu Shalouf, 15-year-old boy shot dead by Israeli snipers yesterday.

Sign the petition

Join us: ask Madonna to stand on the right side of history by cancelling her Eurovision show.

In solidarity,

Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI)

1 hour ago, Pink Elephants said:

This email is being widely distributed.  Though I am looking forward to her performing, I would not blame her for withdrawing.  I guess we'll see .  .  .

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear supporter,

Madonna has announced that she will perform at Eurovision in apartheid Tel Aviv next month. This comes at a time when fewer and fewer international artists are agreeing to perform under apartheid, with thousands of artists now publicly supporting the cultural boycott of Israel.

Take action

Along with Jewish Voice for Peace, we’re asking Madonna to cancel her Eurovision show. We’ve done this before and we can do it again. Last year, together we urged Lana Del Rey to cancel her show at Israel’s complicit Meteor festival. She did; one of twenty artists to withdraw.

1555155349.png

The call from Palestinian artists to boycott Eurovision hosted by apartheid Israel is already supported by over 100,000 people who’ve signed petitions, hundreds of leading artists, many former Eurovision contestants including one winner, more than 20 Israeli artists, and over 100 LGBTQ+ groups.

Israel’s fanatic, far right government has made clear its intention to enforce its apartheid regime over Palestinians in perpetuity, and continues to massacre Palestinians peacefully protesting in Gaza, including Maysara abu Shalouf, 15-year-old boy shot dead by Israeli snipers yesterday.

Sign the petition

Join us: ask Madonna to stand on the right side of history by cancelling her Eurovision show.

In solidarity,

Absurdly absurdity

Immaculate news ! 

I firmly believe if they get the roll out of the lead single correct following the performance it will give her the first Madonna top 10 single in Europe for 10 years. 

So 2 songs.....I'm thinking the disco stomper We have to wake up with a performance all about inclusion and diversity, perfect for the setting of a contest that brings together lots of different cultures...

..and the classic has to be Like a prayer, right? 

I know she's shot 2 videos but even if the Maluma track is better the disco track, I feel the disco track is best for Europe and the event.

6 hours ago, Pink Elephants said:

Dear supporter,

Take action

1555155349.png

Sign the petition

In solidarity,

In that case, the entire fucking OLYMPICS should have been canceled in Russia and China. And quite frankly, the United States which starts wars for no reason, should also not participate and any international events. This boycott nonsense is ridiculous. 

Madonna has been to Israel for three tours and for personal stuff several times already. She's going to perform. 

35 minutes ago, whyme? said:

She's going to perform. 

As will the dozens of contestants of ESC. 

And yes, we better not get started about the reasons the US should have been boycotted for decades now. This is all getting ridiculous. 

Madonna is going to receive a lot of hate and resentment for performing.

Activists are going to go crazy leading top to the event, including parts of the LGBT press. . 

Just be prepared for the major backlash, and enjoy if you support her decision to perform.

I'm very looking forward to it! Hope she doesn't back down.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Madonna has always received a lot of hate and resentment

She doesn't back down.

That's why we love her...her resilience is second to none!

Ignore the background noise and just enjoy!

21 minutes ago, ITG said:

That's why we love her...her resilience is second to none!

Ignore the background noise and just enjoy!

That's what I'll definitely do!

Who knows maybe it won't turn up to be as controversial as it feels it might be right now. 

2 hours ago, whyme? said:

In that case, the entire fucking OLYMPICS should have been canceled in Russia and China. And quite frankly, the United States which starts wars for no reason, should also not participate and any international events. This boycott nonsense is ridiculous. 

Madonna has been to Israel for three tours and for personal stuff several times already. She's going to perform. 

THIS

madonna, the kabbalist, should follow her HEART and ART! excited to see her on a global stage once again. 

Edited by toujours

So !

The 2nd song :  Holiday (celebration in every nation) or Like a Prayer or La isla bonita ?

what do you think ?

12 minutes ago, jpop said:

So !

The 2nd song :  Holiday (celebration in every nation) or Like a Prayer or La isla bonita ?

what do you think ?

It's got to be like a prayer. 

My question to all the people calling for a boycott: what have you done recently to improve the situation?

And here is Madonnas approach (ignore the Kaballah part, just listen to the words and watch closely). If you want to continue the discussion about the conflict between Israel and Palestine that's absolutely fine, there is much to discuss about, but do not drag Madonna into this. Her position is clear and not one that shall be criticized since she is not taking sides obviously. 

1 minute ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

It will be Like a Prayer. A Christian/Jewish/Muslim Version. 

I think it's a certain. 

She will perform the new single with a full on big routine so it would make sense to slow things down with the classic.