Eurovision Song Contest - CONFIRMED?

Lolo

I'm late as always, but I jumped when I heard the news a couple of days ago - it's a secret Madonna dream come true for me. Whenever I watched the contest, I've been thinking for years how great it would be to have Madonna perform there. Now the moment is finally here :inlove:

I do believe though - which is something I said before and I absolutely stick to - she must do it right and bring her a-game. This is a moment to reconnect the general audiences all over Europe with M's music, which bears A LOT of potential since there is still lots of genuine love for M here (at least speaking for the couple of countries that I have spent some longer time in). This performance is the perfect opportunity to remind millions of people of her greatness and the reason (well, one of the reasons) why she is one of the greatest icons in pop music - her outstanding artistic performances coupled with timeless, universally appealing hit singles. 

This is not a moment to pull off a "Hey guys look how I'm still a badass bitch"-BIM style performance with a messy song, unfamiliar guest stars (because Maluma and Anitta are absolutely NOT famous here) and whatnot. I hope that doesn't sound condescending, because I do believe she can nail these kind of performances as well - the BIM Fallon performance was actually one of my favourites from the last couple of years. However, I do not think that's the kind of Eurovision performance she could draw the greatest benefit from.

But, having said all that, I have no doubt she will make this work. I like the comparisons with the SuperBowl because indeed, it was a very similar moment in terms of impact and the potential it carried - and as we all know, she delivered a performance only M could do. So, in other words....bring. it. on. :thumbsup:

(Oh and screw the 'criticism' coming from people who want to force their "Boycott Israel" narrative down everyone's throat and completely distort the whole context of this event.  I understand there are legitime reasons for concern and anger about Israel's politics, but why direct this towards a pop singer performing at an international song contest?! :dazed:Again, a case of fighting the wrong enemy, as is happening so often recently)

7 hours ago, Deseo said:

I really wish she wasn't doing Eurovision in Israel.

The optics are pretty terrible and the billionaire financing her appearance has blatantly said it's a PR stunt to improve Israel's image on the world stage. It's basically reputation laundering.

It's possible she has something up her sleeve, with a performance that (in part) addresses the horrible treatment of the Palestinian people by a hard right wing Israeli administration, but I doubt it.

The whole thing is similar to Putin paying her to sing at an event designed to boost the Russian administration’s image. 

Get out and take your misery with you.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
21 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Have you watched the videos of hers that have been posted here ?   The reason we don't like her is because she is a below average singer who just poorly dances and shakes her arse around all the time. Even her video when she did a slower song,  she is sitting on a chair in a high cut leotard and still has to shake her arse around in skimpy clothing.   Very average vocals too. There is no shade or light in any of her performances.   Nothing remotely talented about her.  When someone is ALWAYS twerking and shaking in skimpy clothing,  there is nothing much they can bring to the table.  Madonna fans as well are used to great entertainers as Madonna is the best entertainer ever. 

Sorry, but Madonna is a talented, incredible inspirational performer with timeless music.  Sure,  Madonna has been sexy in her videos etc - we all know that and appreciate and love that side of hers -  but she also has many other sides to her performances and style.  Can you imagine Madonna singing Live to Tell and the video having her walking around shaking her arse ?  I love many Latin singers but Anitta  ( from all I have seen that has been posted on this forum )  is not remotely in the same class.  People talk of Nikki Minaj but she is so much more talented than Anitta.  

I like how you put "we" in there as if that is what everyone thinks here. But yeah, I get it.  The consensus of a few people who post quite frequently, do not like her.  It doesn't change the fact that Madonna might be able to put what talent this gal has to work for her.  There have been a number of people Madonna collaborated that I didn't like much, but they brought something to the table with Madonna's songs.  And if she doesn't, that's fine.  There will be plenty of other songs "we" will like without this Annita.

That of course, if she's even really part of Madonna's new album or going to appear on stage with her at Eurovision.  😉

11 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

I'm late as always, but I jumped when I heard the news a couple of days ago - it's a secret Madonna dream come true for me. Whenever I watched the contest, I've been thinking for years how great it would be to have Madonna perform there. Now the moment is finally here :inlove:

I do believe though - which is something I said before and I absolutely stick to - she must do it right and bring her a-game. This is a moment to reconnect the general audiences all over Europe with M's music, which bears A LOT of potential since there is still lots of genuine love for M here (at least speaking for the couple of countries that I have lived in or spent considerable time in). This performance is the perfect opportunity to remind millions of people of her greatness and the reason (well, one of the reasons) why she is one of the greatest icons in pop music - her outstanding artistic performances coupled with timeless, universally appealing hit singles. 

This is not a moment to pull off a "Hey guys look how I'm still a badass bitch"-BIM style performance with a messy song, unfamiliar guest stars (because Maluma and Anitta are absolutely NOT famous here) and whatnot. I hope that doesn't sound condescending, because I do believe she can nail these kind of performances as well - the BIM Fallon performance was actually one of my favourites from the last couple of years. However, I do not think that's the kind of Eurovision performance she could draw the greatest benefit from.

But, having said all that, I have no doubt she will make this work. I like the comparisons with the SuperBowl because indeed, it was a very similar moment in terms of impact and the potential it carried - and as we all know, she delivered a performance only M could do. So, in other words....bring. it. on. :thumbsup:

(Oh and screw the 'criticism' coming from people who want to force their "Boycott Israel" narrative down everyone's throat and completely distort the whole context of this event.  I understand there are legitime reasons for concern and anger about Israel's politics, but why direct this towards a pop singer performing on an international song contest?! :dazed:Again, a case of fighting the wrong enemy, as is happening so often recently)

13Hv.gif

1 hour ago, Amelia said:

I like how you put "we" in there as if that is what everyone thinks here. But yeah, I get it.  The consensus of a few people who post quite frequently, do not like her.  It doesn't change the fact that Madonna might be able to put what talent this gal has to work for her.  There have been a number of people Madonna collaborated that I didn't like much, but they brought something to the table with Madonna's songs.  And if she doesn't, that's fine.  There will be plenty of other songs "we" will like without this Annita.

That of course, if she's even really part of Madonna's new album or going to appear on stage with her at Eurovision.  😉

The " We"  part is not meant for the entire forum but for most of the people that have posted about Anitta as they were saying the same thing.  Was not speaking for the entire forum and never do. .Was trying to answer your post that was questioning why people  on the forum have said why they don't like Anitta. .    Anyway,  whatever.  Was just trying to explain why people don't like her and was giving my opinion of her.  You don't have to agree which I respect as your opinion. .   If the song ends up great,  well good.  People are allowed to have a negative opinion about the people Madonna contributes with without being called out.  What Forums are all about.  

Saw a fun report the other day talking of Madonna performing at Eurovision.  Said that she would debut her new single.  Then went to the commercial break with ''  Into the Groove"  playing. Sounded like heaven.  Her songs are so timeless and brilliant.  So many classics to choose from that will wow the world - as she always does.  Will be exciting seeing which song or which medley of songs she performs. 

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The " We"  part is not meant for the entire forum but for most of the people that have posted about Anitta as they were saying the same thing.  Was not speaking for the entire forum and never do. .Was trying to answer your post that was questioning why people  on the forum have said why they don't like Anitta. .    Anyway,  whatever.  Was just trying to explain why people don't like her and was giving my opinion of her.  You don't have to agree which I respect as your opinion. .   If the song ends up great,  well good.  People are allowed to have a negative opinion about the people Madonna contributes with without being called out.  What Forums are all about.  

Didn't say you or anyone couldn't have a "negative opinion", nor did I call you out.  Though, it seems the same people are just repeating the same negative comments over and over, only to amplify that she is horrible. Anyway, we haven't heard anything.  Seems a bit silly to get our panties in a twist over this when we know nothing.  

9 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Didn't say you or anyone couldn't have a "negative opinion", nor did I call you out.  Though, it seems the same people are just repeating the same negative comments over and over, only to amplify that she is horrible. Anyway, we haven't heard anything.  Seems a bit silly to get our panties in a twist over this when we know nothing.  

our anticipation and expectations are so high that a collab with shitnitta makes no sense, it explais that kind of behaviour. well, i think that, in this case, madonna pushes shitnitta's level up, not the opposite. we shall see. madonna is a master.

20 minutes ago, Amelia said:

It's true that we haven't heard Madonna/Anitta's collaboration (even though we know that it is a cover of Faz Gostoso), but, from what we heard and saw of Anitta so far as an artist, "we" can kinda conclude that Madonna and her are like apples and oranges. But not all her songs/videos are like what she/her team are trying to sell her as an artist. Her duet with Caetano Veloso, from her recent album, is different from her other singles, but in that case I believe it was cuz a Caetano's collaboration asked for composure and not twerk so she behaved lol jk. :chuckle:

1 minute ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

It's true that we haven't heard Madonna/Anitta's collaboration (even though we know that it is a cover of Faz Gostoso), but, from what we heard and saw of Anitta so far as an artist, "we" can kinda conclude that Madonna and her are like apples and oranges. But not all her songs/videos are like what she/her team are trying to sell her as an artist. Her duet with Caetano Veloso, from her recent album, is different from her other singles, but in that case I believe it was cuz a Caetano's collaborations asks for composure and not twerk so she behaved lol jk. :chuckle:

I understand, but I assume Anitta is just a small part of whatever song she's on.   The meltdowns seems excessive, especially when we really don't know much.  I've never heard of this woman until we heard Madonna worked with her.  And what I've heard of her music, I'm not impressed.  Though, I felt the same way with a number of other collaborators Madonna had.  For instance, I really never liked Niki Minaj's music, but I really love every inclusion she did on Madonna's tracks.  This is why I think Madonna usually gets the best out of her collaborators. It's the same with Chance the Rapper and others she included on some of her songs.  They all ended up adding more flavor to the song.

I understand the anticipation people have here, but like mentioned before, we know nothing or if she's even performing with Madonna on Eurovision.  I rather wait until I hear or see a performance between the two before getting to worked up about it. 

7 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

First, you took this from Popjustice and I hope its your own post from there instead of just copy and pasting someone elses without even sourcing it.

Second, fuck off. 

What's going on with the Copy+Paste from other forums? Why do people even do that? Just to troll? It's ridiculous.

Thanks for calling it out.

It's hilarious. People on Twitter are pretending to be Jewish people who don't want Madonna to perform in Israel. They have less than 10 followers. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, it goes to show how Tweets aren't always legit and don't inform the real general consensus. 

11 minutes ago, headonfire said:

What's going on with the Copy+Paste from other forums? Why do people even do that? Just to troll? It's ridiculous.

At the very least preface it with “I agree/disagree with this post I read on www.whatever.com...” instead of passing off somebody else’s thoughts as your own. The different text formatting from the other site that he copied from is a dead giveaway! :doh:

Eurovision is completely not a thing here in Japan and I have to say that I have never watched it before BUT I'm super excited about the exposure this will bring!!

51 minutes ago, headonfire said:

39 minutes ago, Magician said:

At the very least preface it with “I agree/disagree with this post I read on www.whatever.com...” instead of passing off somebody else’s thoughts as your own. The different text formatting from the other site that he copied from is a dead giveaway! :doh:

:rotfl: crazy stuff.  

The Embarrassing sex experience one though in the thread in the lounge was one of the funniest  things I have seen. Just posted as if it was a true story. I still look at that thread sometimes to have a laugh !  

Glad to see Billboard finally covering the news! 

Madonna's Israel Trip for Eurovision Finale Has Billionaire Backer Aiming to Bolster Country's Image

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8506620/madonna-eurovision-israel-boycott-song-choice-politics

3 hours ago, CalinB said:

Glad to see Billboard finally covering the news! 

Madonna's Israel Trip for Eurovision Finale Has Billionaire Backer Aiming to Bolster Country's Image

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8506620/madonna-eurovision-israel-boycott-song-choice-politics

ugh, if if was beyonce or gaga theyd act excited and wouldnt mention anything critical

18 hours ago, Amelia said:

I understand, but I assume Anitta is just a small part of whatever song she's on.   The meltdowns seems excessive, especially when we really don't know much.  I've never heard of this woman until we heard Madonna worked with her.  And what I've heard of her music, I'm not impressed.  Though, I felt the same way with a number of other collaborators Madonna had.  For instance, I really never liked Niki Minaj's music, but I really love every inclusion she did on Madonna's tracks.  This is why I think Madonna usually gets the best out of her collaborators. It's the same with Chance the Rapper and others she included on some of her songs.  They all ended up adding more flavor to the song.

I understand the anticipation people have here, but like mentioned before, we know nothing or if she's even performing with Madonna on Eurovision.  I rather wait until I hear or see a performance between the two before getting to worked up about it. 

I agree. I'm not judging anyone or anything until I see what Madonna has done with Anita or Maluma etc. I also love sexy Madonna dancing with her dancers and other artists. So, If she wanted them to dance or sing sexy with her or whatever else, then bring it on. Erotica 2 Yeah that. In Madonna I trust!!  👸🏼👸🏼👸🏼💃💃🕺🏼🕺🏼👒🌷🦋🙏✨

20 minutes ago, Foxcatcher said:

Israel is not geographically located in Europe 

tumblr_inline_oieb4qUGpq1sy9u16_500.gif

And? Eurovision is not about European countries, but about the European Broadcasting Union and Israel is part of it.

18 minutes ago, Plaything said:

And? Eurovision is not about European countries, but about the European Broadcasting Union and Israel is part of it.

It has been part of Eurovision for decades. And since recently: Australia too.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:24 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

if Madonna would make a video like this, it would break the Internet.

And she knows it.

17 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

if Madonna would make a video like this, it would break the Internet.

And she knows it.

It won't. She will loose the last of her fans and gain 0. Its cheap, boring and trashy. Everything that M supposedly isn't.

1 hour ago, elijah said:

It won't. She will loose the last of her fans and gain 0. Its cheap, boring and trashy. Everything that M supposedly isn't.

Exactly... Not to speak that she lost a lot of fans in the last decade. 

On 4/11/2019 at 1:32 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Saw a fun report the other day talking of Madonna performing at Eurovision.  Said that she would debut her new single.  Then went to the commercial break with ''  Into the Groove"  playing. Sounded like heaven.  Her songs are so timeless and brilliant.  So many classics to choose from that will wow the world - as she always does.  Will be exciting seeing which song or which medley of songs she performs. 

Celebration with Holiday mixed in

3 hours ago, elijah said:

she gained a lot of new fans with BIM

classic madonna LFL and GT didnt do much