NY Post are pressed because the QUEEN still REIGNS

18 hours ago, davejr. said:

“She was super big, then it all went a bit off the rails, she got a bit kooky, people started to lose a bit of interest,” said a music executive who has worked with the singer. “You don’t real­ly hear people talk about her that much anymore, whereas everyone wants to know if Ariana Grande has crossed the street or had a milkshake.”

I remember the last time M whispered a comment about a flower she dislikes in private and not even attempting to make a statement, the whole world went crazy and made it to worldwide entertainment headlines instantly.

CNN even spent time talked about it aside from all other more important news:

Now do you see CNN spent time on Ariana Grande/Kaka/Toilet Swine/Cardi B/whoever's milkshake choice that published on their social media? :rolleyes: 

NO ONE I know talks about Ariana Grande and Madonna is a fucking legend, the comparisons are RIDICULOUS

A blatant lack of respect, they would never do this to Cher, Streisand, Dolly Parton etc

1 hour ago, Samo said:

A blatant lack of respect, they would never do this to Cher, Streisand, Dolly Parton etc

Those are ancient acts of the past, they are relics. . .they are already treated by many as if they are "respected 'dead' acts who we should just ignore for most of the time" despite being alive and have new releases. 

On the other hand Madonna is still "current" compared to them, she is still an active force, still WORKING LIKE SHE IS STILL IN HER PRIME and she is from the POP world where the rules are loaded with unfair assumptions which Madonna has always had to face since day one, this is nothing new

omfg by around the 4th paragraph my eyes had to shut this utter shit off the rails rambling 'article' down. :sick::scared::lmao:WHAT was the point and WHO the fuq cares? Answer =a LOT of people still do care hence the 10000 word 'opinion' piece. 1993 much? 

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

omfg by around the 4th paragraph my eyes had to shut this utter shit off the rails rambling 'article' down. :sick::scared::lmao:WHAT was the point and WHO the fuq cares? Answer =a LOT of people still do care hence the 10000 word 'opinion' piece. 1993 much? 

Not just 1993, Madonna has always gotten this shit from the beginning of her career, there were plenty of these types of articles prior to the 1993 backlash from the press

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Haha....that's the damn truth! Every time I read a POS article like this, I flashback to the very first POS piece I read on M in Us magazine in 1993 around the time the Girlie Show was kicking off. Complete with polls with the majority of people claiming they wouldn't walk across the street to see her, that her career is over, that nobody cares...... :lol:.....at least these fuckers are consistent. Like Madonna said back then, if she's so irrelevant what's the point of this article? Certainly don't see articles questioning Cyndi Lauper or Debbie Gibson's relevance. When we STOP seeing articles like this is when we should worry.....as painful as they are to get through!!

What a tired ass article. Why is she trying to drag Madonna for no reason? why is she so pressed by that?

On the other hand, Madge should stop doing feats tho. I don't know when collabs became so neccesary on every single album on this earth but i hope that trend stops soon because they never add anything good to any song. Totally anticlimatic, cuts the vibe, etc. You are enjoying a song and then some irrelevant rapper or singler starts talking shit for 20 seconds nonstop.

Fans should stop asking for them too. I will never understand those gays who are always commenting "collab" and when it happens, they don't listen the songs.

tenor.gif?itemid=5513067

7 hours ago, Samo said:

NO ONE I know talks about Ariana Grande and Madonna is a fucking legend, the comparisons are RIDICULOUS

It just felt weird in the article how they're comparing a twenty five year old woman to a sixty year old woman, especially in an industry that's extremely youth driven.

2 hours ago, caba1 said:

What a tired ass article. Why is she trying to drag Madonna for no reason? why is she so pressed by that?

On the other hand, Madge should stop doing feats tho. I don't know when collabs became so neccesary on every single album on this earth but i hope that trend stops soon because they never add anything good to any song. Totally anticlimatic, cuts the vibe, etc. You are enjoying a song and then some irrelevant rapper or singler starts talking shit for 20 seconds nonstop.

Fans should stop asking for them too. I will never understand those gays who are always commenting "collab" and when it happens, they don't listen the songs.

tenor.gif?itemid=5513067

Everybody in music does collabos and at least Madonna isn't doing a Barbra Streisand, a whole album of her classic songs with younger artists, of course NO ONE calls Streisand out on it, Madonna would be burned at the stake if she did that

And that's just by her fans!

6 hours ago, thankyou1001 said:

Can we plz not..... Ugh😬

Stop some nonsense hatred towad her.

It’s probably true though. No point in sweeping it under the rug. 

Guest eroticerotic

the article is nothing to fuzz about. if anything it's what alot of people think anyways, nothing new.  really tame,  IMO.

36 minutes ago, Samo said:

Everybody in music does collabos and at least Madonna isn't doing a Barbra Streisand, a whole album of her classic songs with younger artists, of course NO ONE calls Streisand out on it, Madonna would be burned at the stake if she did that

And that's just by her fans!

and that's why it's a problem. If everyone does it, does Madonna have to do it too? She was fine before Hard Candy.

7 minutes ago, caba1 said:

and that's why it's a problem. If everyone does it, does Madonna have to do it too? She was fine before Hard Candy.

By which time she had already collaborated with Prince, Ricky Martin, and Britney Spears... Me’shell Ndgecello (sp?) ... Massive Attack technically (although that seems like more of a “co-production” credit than a duet or featured vocal.

2 minutes ago, peter said:

By which time she had already collaborated with Prince, Ricky Martin, and Britney Spears... Me’shell Ndgecello (sp?) ... Massive Attack technically (although that seems like more of a “co-production” credit than a duet or featured vocal.

This 

23 hours ago, Priceless said:

The article is a complete mess. It purports to be about Madonna using younger stars to stay relevant, then goes off on lengthy tangents about her children and her personal life. And just like the "music executive" they quote, the article can't help itself from praising her and slagging her off in equal measure. One minute, it's calling her a "manipulator" and "desperate" and saying that "no one really talks about her," then they're calling her "smart," a "firebrand" who's "back on her game" and "one of the biggest stars in the world." Do they even realize how stupid they sound? "Went off the rails?" Really!? :rolleyes:

The main problem I have about this article is that she's still a contender in the pop game at age 60 and yet some people simply won't give her the credit she deserves for it. Instead, they want her to feel ashamed for the way the game is played. It's like when she was interviewed on Nightline about "Justify My Love" and they were trying to shame her for selling the video single. What choice did she have? Censorship prevented the video from airing so she had to make an end-run around MTV and sell it instead. Nowadays, ageism and over-saturation are preventing her from connecting to the music-buying public so she has to make the next smartest move and feature younger artists on her singles. It re-ignites interest in her in a world that doesn't properly value smart, talented women of a certain age. She's just doing what she's got to do to stay in the game.

And the irony is that they think this is about her ego and wanting attention. Sure, she likes to be the center of attention...we've always known this about her. But a real egomaniac would die at the thought of needing a younger star to help them sell records. She doesn't care if so-called journalists call her desperate, she's keeping her eye on the prize - which is to continue to be a viable creative and commercial force in the industry and therefore continue to get to share her message and point of view.

PERFECTLY stated.

And to those questioning the collabs with younger artists, read the above.

"Clinging to relevancy"? but they wrote a long article about her. LOL, and I'd never even heard of Maluma until Madonna started working with him. So there's no chance Maluma might be using M to help along his career? Hmm.

4 hours ago, peter said:

one was for her album. The others are soundtracks and other people lps. She didn't have 3 o 4 feats like now.

9 minutes ago, caba1 said:

one was for her album. The others are soundtracks and other people lps. She didn't have 3 o 4 feats like now.

I mean ... okay, if you want to split hairs. But Prince, Me’shell, and Massive Attack were for Madonna records. So that’s three, not one.

Yes, you are correct that the duets with Ricky and Britney were for their albums ... but ... She hopped on Ricky’s record when his star was ascending in the English-speaking markets. There were rumors it would be released as a single, it just never happened because Madonna’s schedule was busy with soundtrack songs. M filmed  the video for Britney’s. So ... I’m not sure whether it really matters that it was “for them” — like that somehow makes it not “for her,” too.

They’re mutually beneficial. That’s why Madonna participates and why the other parties are happy to have Madonna’s involvement.

But yes, I concede that the number of features on an album has increased. Considering the number of songs released from RH, I don’t think it was excessive, though. On HC, JT is credited on two songs and Kanye is the only featured rap verse. (Pharrell is never listed as “featuring,” even though his vocals appear.) And on MDNA, she had Nicki and MIA — both appearing on two songs each, for a total of three songs with guest vocal. contributions. Still, proportionally, it doesn’t feel overwhelming. I agree there are more per record than in the past, but I don’t see much of a change in her strategically speaking. She is still choosing to work creatively with other artists. That didn’t start in 2008.

Guest eroticerotic

People forget Madonna is a pop artist. Pop = popular. Artist = what she feels/envisions.  Equation: She has always taken what is popular and made it her own. 

Has nothing to do with age, sex, gender, nationality. sheesh.