NY Post are pressed because the QUEEN still REIGNS

What a weird and annoying article, but will continue to see people accusing her of trying to stay "relevant" when she's working with  younger, trendy artists.

Funny that so many of these same criticisms were also written about her during HC and MDNA.

25 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

The article is fine. The title is click bait. It's probably not the writer's choice. It doesn't fit the article at all. So much drama here...

Agreed

35 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

The article is fine. The title is click bait. It's probably not the writer's choice. It doesn't fit the article at all. So much drama here...

Yup

Its SOOO stupid,  now days every star needs o does duets and feats including the newest and most recent singer coming out of disney and nick in hopes to stay relevant , they should say that she didnt started to make duets till 25 years into her career and that she has no top 10s( well only 2)  or #1s cuz of the new featuring duets tendency 

The Post has confirmed that she’ll perform at Eurovision — the beloved and over-the-top song competition among European countries — in Tel Aviv in May. The plan is to roll out some of her greatest hits and unveil new songs.

4 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

The Post has confirmed that she’ll perform at Eurovision — the beloved and over-the-top song competition among European countries — in Tel Aviv in May. The plan is to roll out some of her greatest hits and unveil new songs.

The only thing I focused on...the rest is the usual stuff we are accustomed to. 🙂

What a strange, random article. I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be based on the title. Still....plenty of shade within....but it did have it's complimentary moments. We've been reading variations of this same shit for 10 or even 20 yrs at this point.....NEXT!

6 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

I was just about to post this! Do they really know something definitive? Is it fix? 

1 hour ago, boy skeffington said:

Women are her harshest critics. They can't handle her power either. 

Piers Morgan and Roger Friedman are male. Just as many men are critical of her and she has so many female fans. 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

What a weird and annoying article, but will continue to see people accusing her of trying to stay "relevant" when she's working with  younger, trendy artists.

Funny that so many of these same criticisms were also written about her during HC and MDNA.

oh this harks back her whole career, Vogue, ROL, Bjork, Music

Its a tired old cliche narrative

47 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I was just about to post this! Do they really know something definitive? Is it fix? 

no, its a combination of rumours, probably from google

So if Madonns was 30 and collaborating with young stars, it would have been fine. But since she’s 60, she’s trying to stay relevant. And this is about MADONNA, THE MEGA STAR!! What a load of shit this article is, written by a nobody named Sara. 

I just don't get it. These starts worship Madonna and are thrilled she wants to work with them. When will LYING be illegal in the press 

This article is linked on Drudge Report at top now. Considering that website is heavily right wing they used a surprisingly hot photo of her. They didn’t use the Page 6 headline.

I find it hilarious the narrative is that she is using other stars for relevance, when literally the PR music handbook suggests slagging Madonna to get yourself a headline. No one had benefited from aligning with Madonna’s name more than gaga.

2 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

This article is lined on Drudge Report at top now. Considering that website is heavily right wing they used a surprisingly hot photo of her. They didn’t use the Page 6 headline.

I find it hilarious the narrative is that she is using other stars for relevance, when literally the PR music handbook suggests slagging Madonna to get yourself a headline. No one had benefited from aligning with Madonna’s name more than gaga.

Very that

The article is a complete mess. It purports to be about Madonna using younger stars to stay relevant, then goes off on lengthy tangents about her children and her personal life. And just like the "music executive" they quote, the article can't help itself from praising her and slagging her off in equal measure. One minute, it's calling her a "manipulator" and "desperate" and saying that "no one really talks about her," then they're calling her "smart," a "firebrand" who's "back on her game" and "one of the biggest stars in the world." Do they even realize how stupid they sound? "Went off the rails?" Really!? :rolleyes:

The main problem I have about this article is that she's still a contender in the pop game at age 60 and yet some people simply won't give her the credit she deserves for it. Instead, they want her to feel ashamed for the way the game is played. It's like when she was interviewed on Nightline about "Justify My Love" and they were trying to shame her for selling the video single. What choice did she have? Censorship prevented the video from airing so she had to make an end-run around MTV and sell it instead. Nowadays, ageism and over-saturation are preventing her from connecting to the music-buying public so she has to make the next smartest move and feature younger artists on her singles. It re-ignites interest in her in a world that doesn't properly value smart, talented women of a certain age. She's just doing what she's got to do to stay in the game.

And the irony is that they think this is about her ego and wanting attention. Sure, she likes to be the center of attention...we've always known this about her. But a real egomaniac would die at the thought of needing a younger star to help them sell records. She doesn't care if so-called journalists call her desperate, she's keeping her eye on the prize - which is to continue to be a viable creative and commercial force in the industry and therefore continue to get to share her message and point of view.

Edited by Priceless

Why do public and media keep attacking Madonna? What has she done to them? Articles like this are just mean and unfair but Madonna won’t loose sleep over this. 

Miss Liz Smith. 😔. Always even in her Madonna articles/gossip and raged against the sexism and ageism the  👑 faced with every new music film or controversy cycle. 

1 hour ago, iamme said:

Why do public and media keep attacking Madonna? What has she done to them? Articles like this are just mean and unfair but Madonna won’t loose sleep over this. 

She’s never been an ass kisser. They always feel threatened by her. This just shows how strong her personality is.