this video ruined me!!!! elderly woman being beaten up in the subway in NY

18 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

What about the people filming it and not doing anything as well.  Inhumane and sickening.   

they should all be locked up!!

what I've read from that tweet is that the police is searching for him already

god I have a lump in my throat and stomach

3 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

they should all be locked up!!

what I've read from that tweet is that the police is searching for him already

god I have a lump in my throat and stomach

I hate this world sometimes. The way people stand around filming things like cowards happens too much. When did people become such heartless spectators ?  It is horrific enough having this happen and the passive filming of it just adds to that. 

6 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I hate this world sometimes. The way people stand around filming things like cowards happens too much. When did people become such heartless spectators ?  It is horrific enough having this happen and the passive filming of it just adds to that. 

Agreed! They're just as vile as the one throwing the kicks to that poor soul. What a worthless excuse for a human being that piece of trash is. I hope he gets what's coming to him ten fold.

Just now, Magician said:

They got clear video of him and this vile video is being shared heavily here in the New York area so there’s a good chance he’ll be identified and caught. 

Hope they catch him. He should be punished severely. What an evil coward.  Attacking an elderly woman - how low can someone go. 

SMDH!

https://nypost.com/2019/03/22/subway-riders-film-brute-kicking-elderly-woman-in-the-face-instead-of-trying-to-help/

Subway riders film brute kicking elderly woman in the face instead of trying to help

By Stephanie Pagones and Kevin Fasick

March 22, 2019 | 11:19am | Updated

An elderly woman was repeatedly kicked in the face and body during a savage Bronx subway attack caught on video.

The video, which was posted to Twitter by user @BKLYNRELL1, shows the man assaulting the 78-year-old victim as she is sitting in a northbound No. 2 train around 3 a.m. March 10, police said.

The woman, who was alone, tries to defend herself as he continues to attack her — all while other straphangers can be heard shouting in the background.

As the train was stopped at Nereid Avenue, the man yells something at his victim before turning around, looking at the camera and shouting, “WorldStar that, my n—a.” — referring to the popular social media page that is filled with violent videos. He then got off the train.

No one called 911 right away, police said, and the person behind the camera continued recording the woman as she held her hand to her head.

Cops weren’t notified until the train arrived at the next and last stop, at Wakefield-241st Street station, when a bystander approached a police officer in the station.

“It’s terrible,” an MTA worker told the Post on Friday at the Nereid Avenue station. “I can’t believe something like that could happen.”

The employee, who asked to remain anonymous, said community affairs officers had been to the station Friday morning. They showed her the video, she said, but she did not recognize him.

The victim was treated at the station by EMS for bleeding and swelling, but refused additional medical attention.

Investigators are hoping to speak to the victim, and are searching for her attacker.

NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea pleading with the public in a tweet to come forward with any information about the attack.

“Individual below is WANTED for a heinous attack of an elderly woman aboard a #2 train on March 10, 2019, at approx 3:10am, at the Nereid Ave Station in the #Bronx,” he tweeted. “If you know who he is or have info, contact CRIMESTOPPERS @NYPDTips ANONYMOUSLY 800-577-TIPS #YourCityYourCall.”

An MTA official promised the agency would do all it can to help catch the kicker.

“This is an extremely disturbing video,” said spokeswoman Amanda Kwan. “The NYPD is actively investigating this incident and we will offer any and all assistance we can provide.”

Guest eroticerotic

as sad as that video is, im not surprised. this poor woman. oh my god I needed to really step away and calm down.

so much to say but I know it might be too much; I know alot of you are sensitive to debate and unpopular opinion so I will keep to myself on this forum.

if I were on that train I would not have been filming.

what I will say is, be careful what you believe in government and media wise. it likes to keep you believing it for its own Gain not yours.

they got him!

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Suspect-Arrested-in-Heinous-Assault-on-Subway-That-Was-Caught-on-Video-NYPD-507564121.html

Suspect Arrested in 'Heinous Assault' on Subway That Was Caught on Video: NYPD

Published 41 minutes ago | Updated 27 minutes ago

WHAT TO KNOW

*A suspect is in custody in a violent beating of a 78-year-old woman on the subway, police say

*A video of the attack shows a man kicking the seemingly older woman repeatedly in the head and face as she was seated

*The video also shows some riders capturing the horrific incident on their phones, but no one helping her

The suspect in an attack on a 78-year-old woman riding the subway in the Bronx is in custody, police said Saturday. 

A violent video of the attack surfaced on social media showing a man kicking her repeatedly in the head and face as she was seated.

Chief of Detectives Dermot F. Shea tweeted on Saturday afternoon that the suspect was in custody. 

He also said the victim was treated and released from the hospital. She was getting the "care, advocacy and support needed," he said. 

The beatdown happened shortly after 3 p.m. on a northbound No. 2 train March 10 as the subway pulled into the 238th Street/Nereid Avenue subway station, according to the NYPD.

Disturbing video shows a man repeatedly kicking the woman in the head, face and chest area as she tries to block the blows with her arms from her seat. The video shows some riders recording the horrifying attack, but no one helping her.

The suspect ultimately got off the train at the 238th Street stop and fled on foot, while the woman was left cradling her head in her hand.

In a Twitter post on Friday, NYPD Chief of Transit Edward Delatorre said, "@NYPDDetectives are on the case and actively investigating this heinous assault."

The victim suffered from bleeding and swelling with cuts to the face. The MTA released a statement Friday condemning the attack. 

"This is an extremely disturbing video. Nothing is more important than the safety and security of our customers, and we strongly condemn this despicable attack," a spokeswoman said. "The NYPD is actively investigating this incident and we will offer any and all assistance we can provide."

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

WTF. I would have gone up to the woman and tried to help her right after the man left. why are they just filming and not doing anything???? 

I have no idea. Shit, even if it meant getting my ass kicked I would have intervened. Who the hell stands by and allows it to happen? You have people complaining over the color of Starbucks cup, dumb crap like not enough napkins or ketchup packets at McDonalds but they don't have balls to help an elderly woman? Lord, people are horrible.

I can't bring myself to watch the video. I hope he rots and she is surrounded by good people. Poor thing.

Suspect charged with assault after elderly woman kicked in face on New York City subway

By Eyewitness News

Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 6:28PM

WAKEFIELD, Bronx (WABC) -- A suspect is in custody after an elderly woman was brutally attacked on a Bronx subway train. 

Marc Gomez, 36, is charged with multiple counts of assault and harassment.

Authorities say Gomez kicked and punched the 78-year-old victim in the face and body, causing her to bleed. 

Police say Gomez is no stranger to the law. The 49 Precinct posted a picture of him on their Facebook page and someone noticed and called. He was caught in Greenwich Village on Saturday morning. 

It happened just after 3 a.m. aboard a northbound 2 train on March 10.

NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot F. Shea announced in a tweet that the person wanted for the attack was in police custody, but his identity has not been released. No charges were announced.

He also said the victim was treated and released from the hospital and "is getting the care, advocacy (and) support needed."

Officials say that equally as troubling as the incident is that no one else on the train attempted to help the woman during the incident. Instead, several of them recorded it on their phones.

7 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

I have no idea. Shit, even if it meant getting my ass kicked I would have intervened. Who the hell stands by and allows it to happen? You have people complaining over the color of Starbucks cup, dumb crap like not enough napkins or ketchup packets at McDonalds but they don't have balls to help an elderly woman? Lord, people are horrible.

I can't bring myself to watch the video. I hope he rots and she is surrounded by good people. Poor thing.

I def would've yelled and told him to stop. I played the scenario in my head, and I'd love to punch him and try to stop him, but part of me thinks he may be carrying a knife. But like you said, it's the bystanders that piss me off. The most mundane things get overanalysed or seen as problematic yet when something actually happens, they're only there to film and share it. Im gonna sound like im 20 yrs my senior for saying this, but that's the problem with millennials and gen Z..  entitled hypocritical pussies.

That is appalling.

Why are the other passengers filming it instead of rushing to help? I wouldn't have hesitated in going over and beating the living daylights out of that low life.

WTF is wrong with people?

Oh puhlease! I don’t believe his fiancée!

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/ny-fiancee-defends-man-kicked-elderly-woman-bronx-20190324-mj4cussqajcjxf5yjm7b3ayg2q-story.html

Fiancée of man who kicked elderly woman on Bronx train says victim threatened to kill her family

By CATHERINA GIOINO  and ESHA RAY

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

MAR 24, 2019 | 4:59 PM

A Yonkers man caught on shocking cellphone video kicking a 78-year-old homeless woman in the face on a Bronx train attacked her because she threatened to stab him and his fiancée and her daughter, the man’s wife-to-be told the Daily News on Sunday.

Alicia Cox, 44, said the March 10 incident started when Marc Gomez, 36, told her 11-year-old girl to sit beside the elderly woman on the northbound 2 train.

“As soon as my daughter lays down, the lady goes, ‘Oh, what are you doing?’ So Marc goes to her and says, ‘Excuse me?’" Cox said. "He turns to her and says, ‘Ma’am I’m not bothering you, I’m not trying to do anything to you. We’re just trying to get home, My daughter is trying to sleep.’ And she goes, ‘Oh,I don’t care, I’ll punch her in the head.’”

After a short heated exchange, Cox said the trio moved to a different seat, but the woman threatened again, Cox said.

“She goes, ‘I’ll stab you, I’ll kill you.’ And he (Gomez) goes, ‘Who you talking to to?’ Because there’s nobody there, nobody’s over there,” Cox said. "First of all I’m getting upset and he (Gomez) sees me getting upset. So he says, ‘Babe, calm down.’”

Cox said that as she, Gomez and her daughter got up to leave the train at Nereid Ave., the woman said, “ ‘Oh yeah, I’m going to stab you.' I don’t know what she had in her hand but I remember seeing something shiny. I don’t know if it was a knife but I grabbed my daughter’s hand real tight.”

“When she threatened to stab all of us once again, it’s like he (Gomez) snapped because he sensed us right behind him and he snapped."

“He’s a real loving guy. He’s a sweetheart," Cox said of Gomez, adding that he works as a chef in Tribeca. “It’s just that we both agree that he made a bad decision, went about it the wrong way.”

Police dispute Cox’s claims and say the assault was unprovoked.

Video from the attack showed Gomez kicking the elderly woman, several times in the face, as she helplessly tried to shield herself. Other riders recorded the attack but did nothing to stop it. As Gomez exited the train, aware the attack was being recorded, he said, “WorldStar that, my n---a,” referring to a website that features violent videos. The video sparked outrage on social media.

Someone eventually called police, and when the victim got off the train at the next stop, an EMS crew was waiting for her. She was treated for bleeding and swelling from cuts on her face, cops said.

Gomez was arrested in lower Manhattan on Saturday after police received several tips from people who recognized him. He was charged with assault and harassment for the brutal attack,

A Bronx judge ordered him held on $30,000 bond/$15,000 cash at his arraignment early Sunday. Prosecutors said the victim suffered a cut above her left eye, and bruising around her face.