Christian Moms Group Slams Kit Kat Ad for Reminding Them of Male Genitalia

Camacho

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-moms-kit-kat-christian-ad-commercial-20190321-t5ko6bxudng3vgn4rzjuyobqme-story.html

Conservative moms draft petition to ban a Kit Kat commercial

By BRIAN NIEMIETZ

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

MAR 21, 2019 | 7:13 PM

Nearly 8,500 followers of a conservative protest group calling itself One Million Moms has launched a petition attacking Kit Kat chocolate’s “tasteless” new ad.

The 15-second commercial is set to the Missy Elliott song “Work It” and includes a line where a reference to the male anatomy is replaced with the sound of an elephant blowing its trunk. That’s a little more than the members of One Million Moms want their kids experiencing.

“This song is about sex, and the lyrics are extremely offensive,” according to the petition launched Tuesday. "The song includes a word for male genitalia that is bleeped out by an elephant trumpet: ‘If ya got a big (phrrrrr), let me search it.’”

The petition argues the focus of the ad is its sexual message and not the chocolate bar.

“Not once is KIT KAT audibly mentioned during their irresponsible commercial,” the call to arms reads.

The ad shows the Kit Kat logo along with the words “Breaks are good. Have one.”

One Million Moms "current campaigns” page leads readers to commercials for Cottonelle toiletries and Walmart stores, which the group accused of promoting homosexual lifestyles. The latter ad, which they says shows two men on a date, got more than 17,000 signatures.

Nestle’s, which owns Kit Kat, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

I hope they reveal their time machine, so we can go back to their century and be offended by basically ALL the shit that was canon and holy in the ‘good ole days’ they crave so much. 

I played the clip first and didn't read the article and I didn't find anything offensive. 

Even after I had read the "complaint", I still dun find anything offensive.

All I can say is these idiots' minds are corrupted.

i love how you pick and choose what to post here? What about muslim parents mobbing for schools in the UK to avoid talking about LGBTQ struggles to their children?

Several schools in Birmingham and Manchester had to remove these lessons from they curricula because of hard complaints from muslim families. Obviously it's a taboo in this forum while christians' bashing continues. Be glad you were not born in the middle east.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/jan/31/school-defends-lgbt-lessons-after-religious-parents-complain

i cannot be bothered to post more links, go and educate yourselves. You are a bunch of hypocrits.

Keep on pick and choosing what you want, we'll all pay the consequences in the future.

2 hours ago, TearsInHeaven said:

i love how you pick and choose what to post here? What about muslim parents mobbing for schools in the UK to avoid talking about LGBTQ struggles to their children?

Several schools in Birmingham and Manchester had to remove these lessons from they curricula because of hard complaints from muslim families. Obviously it's a taboo in this forum while christians' bashing continues. Be glad you were not born in the middle east.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/jan/31/school-defends-lgbt-lessons-after-religious-parents-complain

i cannot be bothered to post more links, go and educate yourselves. You are a bunch of hypocrits.

Keep on pick and choosing what you want, we'll all pay the consequences in the future.

So just to make sure we are on the same page... what is your rant about? Honest question. Thanks.

15 hours ago, TearsInHeaven said:

Huh? WTF are you on about? :manson: You’re twisting your mind too much there pal. It’s not that deep and you obviously don’t know me and others AT ALL if that’s how you perceive things. There are countless other crazy awful issues that pop up in the news daily which are even far worse why aren’t YOU ever posting about any of it? Don’t you care about those things? 

On 3/22/2019 at 6:03 AM, TearsInHeaven said:

Uh huh...I see exactly what you're trying to do.

Look, we call out crazy shit from all religious fundie types here. We've been doing it for years. You should have seen some of the conversations we used to have with former members no longer here about religion - from Christianity to Islam to Scientology and more. Things are actually pretty lightweight around here now. So, I guess you missed out.

And yes, these conservative Muslim parents pulling their kids from learning about LGBTQ issues in UK schools is ridiculous and unfortunate, but not surprising.

There. You happy now boo boo kitty?

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

So just to make sure we are on the same page... what is your rant about? Honest question. Thanks.

I think his rant is how dare you bash Christians, bash the Muslims instead cos it's not like they're not being bashed enough around the world 🙄

Regarding the school issue... I agree to an extent. Parents have the right to remove their child from a subject if they don't want them knowing about it. 

And yeah that kit kat thing is stupid

On 3/22/2019 at 2:03 PM, TearsInHeaven said:

Don't want to derail this thread but among the parents NOT GIVIN A DAMN AND APPLAUDING the LGTB lessons there were Muslims too..

All are not to blame for the behaviour of radical groups.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, TearsInHeaven said:

You miss the point, here, my friend It is not against Christian, but against radicals from ALL religions. 

And I would add this: in this case, there were something funny about the fact it was about an innofensive kit kat ad.

Don't let your beliefs blind you and make you lost your sense of humor. It would be sad.