M14

7 hours ago, peter said:

Thanks. I still find that odd — it is not a quote from Madonna or her publicist, and from a screen cap like this, I can’t even see who wrote it. The author of the piece or an editor...? And is this a translation...?

You’re right but remember that little passage was ALL OVER this forum last summer when the magazine was out. How could you all forget? I really don’t know why people suddenly act like fans here are making things up as if there wasn’t any tease or misleading statements. All of that happened, the „I’m coming for you in 2018“, the studio pics, the constant ‚soon‘, the Vogue article... it’s not much, but it’s something. Don’t blame thirsty fans to cling to it. 

It is obvious the planning for the album totally changed...Let's not being naive. That or Madonna really is a total mess with social media and the meaning of the word teasing. Also Vogue would have never state that if not confirmed by Madonna's team 

Maybe it wasn’t the planning of the album promotion that changed. Maybe her creative direction did. Madonna is an artist after all...She sort of announced this change herself when she complained about songwriter camps. Next thing we knew Mirwais was onboard, and his album was delayed. It all makes sense, and it’s kind of classic Madonna...Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Confessions, Rebel Heart. They all started one way and ended up another. the clues were all there. We even got Ray of Light demos leaking as if to guide is into understanding Madonna’s creative process! 

It’s a good thing to be impatiently awaiting new material, but hold onto that feeling because it might be one of the last times you feel it for a Madonna release. Things come and go so fast these days that people will be onto something else two weeks after the album is out. Madonna knows this, and that is why she has some tricks up her sleeve for 2019. 

14 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

It is obvious the planning for the album totally changed...Let's not being naive. That or Madonna really is a total mess with social media and the meaning of the word teasing. Also Vogue would have never state that if not confirmed by Madonna's team 

Absolutely! I am sure she did something more experimental, her team listened to it and asked her: Do u wanna another hit? Change it!

This explains the later collaborations with Anitta and Maluma.

13 hours ago, peter said:

Excuse me, but please do not call me a liar. When Madonna says “soon” — there’s a lot of intetpretation that goes on. And obviously we all agree “soon” is never soon enough. But we want her to put out her art in the way she wants on the timeline she prefers — or else we get messy rollouts. So, yes, I am a fan, and I get why we talk about it and express our hopes and desires, but I can also blame fans when false narratives are created. Madonna never said what date new music is coming. Neither did her label or her management. Until that happens, and the date comes and goes without music, can anyone claim she is late. 

As I said, she performed a set in a highly publicized event in 2018 — a classic, a cover, and a portion of a new song. And a few months later, she released a video of that performance, including that music. That’s something that happened in 2018 — and maybe we all want more, but don’t act like she didn’t give it to us. Just because some people interpreted her comment with Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest to mean we would have a completed album and be able to see her on tour in 2018 doesn’t mean it was reality. Yes, she said she was “coming” for us in 2018. Can mean a lot of things. She was saying she was going back to work. For her, work is a creative process, and a process takes time — sometimes more than anticipated. Plus, if we want her label to promote her, they have to have marketing budget funds available for her, etc. It’s not entirely up to her when she has to work with a company (and one that she doesn’t have as much caché with as she did with Warner).

I would love to see a scan of the Vogue Italia print edition where it quotes Madonna as saying “My album will be released in fall 2018.” I am such a flop fan because I could not buy one locally — so I’ve only seen images online and read excerpts. After the elaborate and long-unfolding lies about Glenn Close being a loony fan for M (and the revelation this past year that that’s not true), you can understand why fans are a little skeptical of online rumors.

Even if Vogue printed that, it was surely editorial and not quoting M or her representatives. I agree that Vogue may have gotten an indication an album is in the pipelines and coming “soon” — but I’d love to see the exact words and translation. (For example, did it say the album was “expected” by the end of the year? Or “will be released” by the end of the year? They sound the same, but they are technically different. Fans surely did “expect” it — but it wasn’t a realistic expectation.)

Just like another fan said — if the production company applied with the local Portuguese officials for permission to shoot in March, clearly they are operating on the expected timetable for M and co.

Thanks @peter  - These people live in their own fantasies and speculations. We know nothing and nothing has never been confirmed from official source. 

Non of us know Jack Shit it's all based on assumptions and when those assumptions are not met people get their knickers in a twist and start complaining.

As she says #soon

1 minute ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

What's the problem with admitting that she's delayed the album? The Vogue Italias was very clear about releasing the album by the end of 2018.

Then why were they booking arenas for Fall 2019? 

5 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

What's the problem with admitting that she's delayed the album? The Vogue Italias was very clear about releasing the album by the end of 2018.

Vogue Italia IS NOT official source. 

29 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

I'm not sure?

She teased us with the beautiful game hashtag FOR ages, she debuted a snippet of it at Met Gala (what was even the point of that I wonder?)

But apparently it was stupid of us to assume that the album would be coming out by the end of 2018, cause there's no "official source", because Madonna posting "music coming soon" back in May right after the met gala performance, is no indication of that.

Don't forget we're about to enter April and we don't have any official info either telling us we're getting any album this year.

7 minutes ago, Andra said:

I'm not sure?

She teased us with the beautiful game hashtag FOR ages, she debuted a snippet of it at Met Gala (what was even the point of that I wonder?)

The same point as MTribe said "a year full of Madonna"... First 3 months passed and no sign of Madonna. 

9 minutes ago, Andra said:

I'm not sure?

But apparently it was stupid of us to assume that the album would be coming out by the end of 2018, cause there's no "official source", because Madonna posting "music coming soon" back in May right after the met gala performance, is no indication of that.

Don't forget we're about to enter April and we don't have any official info either telling us we're getting any album this year.

I think the original plan was the album to be out at the end of 2018 and the Met Gala performance was to be the teaser the promotion. It was all too random for it to be a one-off. The only time she does that sort of thing is for charity performances or if she is promoting her own work (or to meet Obama). I would read too much into the #magic, she had the Unapologetic Bitch one before RH and that was only a song title but maybe she wanted to call the album it. If this new album is called Magic, I just hope she doesn't use this as a theme. It's not the 80s anymore.

2 hours ago, samosamosamo said:

Absurda

2 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Absolutely! I am sure she did something more experimental, her team listened to it and asked her: Do u wanna another hit? Change it!

This explains the later collaborations with Anitta and Maluma.

Absurda part II

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I believe her intention was to release the new album in the last quarter of 2018, but as some stated here already, it just didn't pan out. It's no biggie.  As long as she's happy with the final product that's all that matters to me.  I do believe she's got a lot of things ready to go, but most likely want to prepare for follow up singles/videos before jumping into tour rehearsals.