M14

What’s mind boggling is that with the release upon us and dozens, if not hundreds, of people involved in this album, the videos, the artwork, nothing has leaked.  

We’re all wondering what’s the common thread linking anita, maluma, a disco stomper, drag queens, a horse that was supposed to be in a church, wigs galore, mirwais, billboard, an apple, a bunch of african ladies with tambourines, the black guy with the silk voice (first letter N). 

No one knows anything! Wow. Just wow  

3 hours ago, Suedey said:

Zero buzz, zero publicity, zero everything. :thumbsdown:

No one outside of her instagram followers who like her posts & people on internet forums know she's doing anything. So stupid.

I mean did we want buzz 6 months ago? A year ago? What would have been the point, the news cycle is like 6 hrs now lol I have faith in the new PR team. 

15 hours ago, spotlight said:

Me trying to be funny

giphy.gif

Yes, they are amazing. He sells out on YouTube 

Can u put all this info to use to figure out how long #soon means in her mind please. 

Ultra lol , it is all related with stars alignments for a good release ( remember her mercury in retrograde and talks of her about that ) but im afraid the one and only star to decide when is the right time for good coming  release its our lucky star ( Madonna ) xD

16 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Awesome. Thanks for this info!! 

: ) i like that part of her , it helps u a bit to be a bit to wonder more about life and search further than what is politically correct and go against "normal beliefs" now and then  

21 hours ago, p4_trulo said:

Its all related to her spirituality guided by kabbalah , it pre dates monoteysm religions and its guided by numerology , star movementste (astrology wich is quite related to numerology) zohar , talmud , her name also has a contrapart in the lower "dark side" as there are 72 names of god in Cabala there are also 72 names for "satan" (demons) in her name (lady virgin ) she has her "dark opposite like Isis ,  Isthar(esther ) " ( the black madonna session for original hard candy álbum cover that was scraped cuz only like 10 % would had understood  [said by herself once] with steven klein i think )and Caballa also studies nano technology and quantom physycs (neutrines) wich is straight related to vibrations and frequencies in the 99% of free space between atoms ( what its between the "empty space " of neutrons , electrons , protons) . ITS DARK ish COOL SHIT ( im digging on this isotopes and this metaphysics shit its dope. ) ❤💜💙💚💛 shes has 140 iq for a good reason : ) #magic#music#soon 

5 hours ago, Shaun said:

They'll know when she's ready for them to know. Let the rollout happen the way it's meant to.

Yup and if the album truly isn't coming for almost 3 more months then better they don't know anything now cuz they're just gonna forget by then because.....

1 hour ago, MichaelDieker said:

I mean did we want buzz 6 months ago? A year ago? What would have been the point, the news cycle is like 6 hrs now lol I have faith in the new PR team. 

This is so true! 

We don't need info getting out prematurely, accidentally or otherwise! Let's not forget THIS is how album rollouts are supposed to go (we're so used to "leaks" and "insider info" we've forgotten). Feels like this is complete opposite to RH rollout so far and that's what we want. 

23 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Yup and if the album truly isn't coming for almost 3 more months then better they don't know anything now cuz they're just gonna forget by then because.....

This is so true! 

We don't need info getting out prematurely, accidentally or otherwise! Let's not forget THIS is how album rollouts are supposed to go (we're so used to "leaks" and "insider info" we've forgotten). Feels like this is complete opposite to RH rollout so far and that's what we want. 

nah album "rollouts" these days are full of prereleases, buzz singles to maximize exposure. The cycle is very quick few months and some release 2 albums a year or just singles few months.

Not 4 years rollout and no buzz.

Guest eroticerotic

yeah im confused by the rollout for this album. people are hungry now. a bone or two should have been thrown. that would only hype the full album more. thats kinda how it works nowadays. and then the general public would pick up on it. but the bones have to be really meaty  buzz singles :).

for example. I put out demos to a few of my new album tracks. my google searches went from 5k to 30k since. the more substantial the tease, the more the curiosity. the things she has been releasing are not viral worthy. she needs to consider that as well in the hype climb.

thats just how things work now.

I'm sorry but I'll never be down with the "buzz single" thing. For someone like Madonna, I feel like it could bring negative buzz even. Any song can become a hit now, so when this "buzz" single fades into oblivion without a trace after a week, the narrative is going to turn into "she flopped", disregarding the fact that it's a "buzz single". Then there's the stink of "flop" in the air before the first single or album even drops.

Besides, Madonna has had "buzz singles" in the past, they're called Hey You, Candy Shop and Beat Goes On, none of which brought good pre "buzz" for HC. Yes, I know minus HY those were leaks (but were they really??) but still, that lukewarm to negative buzz that permeated over HC/S&S era all started with those leaks IMO. I know 4M isn't everyone's favorite but I think most can agree whether they like it or not, that song is a HIT, it screams hit song. Just imagine if we'd heard NOTHING from the HC sessions prior to the moment that song dropped. It would've sounded absolutely bombastic.

21 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm sorry but I'll never be down with the "buzz single" thing. For someone like Madonna, I feel like it could bring negative buzz even. Any song can become a hit now, so when this "buzz" single fades into oblivion without a trace after a week, the narrative is going to turn into "she flopped", disregarding the fact that it's a "buzz single". Then there's the stink of "flop" in the air before the first single or album even drops.

Besides, Madonna has had "buzz singles" in the past, they're called Hey You, Candy Shop and Beat Goes On, none of which brought good pre "buzz" for HC. Yes, I know minus HY those were leaks (but were they really??) but still, that lukewarm to negative buzz that permeated over HC/S&S era all started with those leaks IMO. I know 4M isn't everyone's favorite but I think most can agree whether they like it or not, that song is a HIT, it screams hit song. Just imagine if we'd heard NOTHING from the HC sessions prior to the moment that song dropped. It would've sounded absolutely bombastic.

Hey You was a lazy effort that shouldn't have been released. After the perfect COADF, it sounded like a huge let down.

TBGO in its initial form is one of the worst songs I ve heard and in the final version is the best song on HC. If the final version has leaked, it would have made waves. In my mind, this should have been the lead single of HC.

Candyshop is like an acquired taste. You get to love it down the line: especially the MDNA version.

1 hour ago, eroticerotic said:

yeah im confused by the rollout for this album. people are hungry now. a bone or two should have been thrown. that would only hype the full album more. thats kinda how it works nowadays. and then the general public would pick up on it. but the bones have to be really meaty  buzz singles :).

for example. I put out demos to a few of my new album tracks. my google searches went from 5k to 30k since. the more substantial the tease, the more the curiosity. the things she has been releasing are not viral worthy. she needs to consider that as well in the hype climb.

thats just how things work now.

yes

i guess she thinks Champagne Rose was enough

if she releases everything simultanuously with a big bang theres a risk of quick burn but we will see

43 minutes ago, elijah said:

Hey You was a lazy effort that shouldn't have been released. After the perfect COADF, it sounded like a huge let down.

TBGO in its initial form is one of the worst songs I ve heard and in the final version is the best song on HC. If the final version has leaked, it would have made waves. In my mind, this should have been the lead single of HC.

Candyshop is like an acquired taste. You get to love it down the line: especially the MDNA version.

I could forgive Hey You because of what it was for but yes, it was a surprise to hear that after the glorious COADF era. That didn't start good buzz for the Pharrell collab.....even if a lot of us ended up preferring his songs on HC in the end.

Agreed, it's a crime TBGO wasn't a single but I think the only choice for lead for that album was 4M. Despite being a "feature" as well, TBGO definitely should've been the follow up single....or maybe she could've released both at the same time as lead singles like she's about to do with the new album.  Would only wanted it as a "buzz" single though if there were no plans to release it as an actual single. I'm sure there's a right way to do it (I don't have a clue what that is these days though) but releasing the best songs (or potential singles) as "buzz singles" from an upcoming album doesn't seem like a good idea because you're giving away all the good stuff before the album is even out. You don't want to release the sub-par stuff though either because it could give a false impression of the album. 

Have always liked Candy Shop but it would've been 4th on my list for potential lead singles from that album. She would've been nuts to release that over 4M as lead, so glad WB talked her out of that one! It has turned into quite the Madonna classic though :lol: I'm sure we'll get a reinvented version on the next tour too. Truly, I've LOVED all the live versions of that song.

6 hours ago, Shaun said:

We're gonna orgasm the day she announces this album. It will be an outrageous day on MNation.

And it's coming #soon

I just hope it happens somehow miraculously when I’m on holidays, last two weeks of April, so I can soak up everything 24/7. 

7 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I just hope it happens somehow miraculously when I’m on holidays, last two weeks of April, so I can soak up everything 24/7. 

Same!!! This is when I'm on holiday too.

Edited by Andyrs

27 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Yeah me too , bring the music  during the HolyEasterWeek in Granada👰

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

I could forgive Hey You because of what it was for but yes, it was a surprise to hear that after the glorious COADF era. That didn't start good buzz for the Pharrell collab.....even if a lot of us ended up preferring his songs on HC in the end.

Agreed, it's a crime TBGO wasn't a single but I think the only choice for lead for that album was 4M. Despite being a "feature" as well, TBGO definitely should've been the follow up single....or maybe she could've released both at the same time as lead singles like she's about to do with the new album.  Would only wanted it as a "buzz" single though if there were no plans to release it as an actual single. I'm sure there's a right way to do it (I don't have a clue what that is these days though) but releasing the best songs (or potential singles) as "buzz singles" from an upcoming album doesn't seem like a good idea because you're giving away all the good stuff before the album is even out. You don't want to release the sub-par stuff though either because it could give a false impression of the album. 

Have always liked Candy Shop but it would've been 4th on my list for potential lead singles from that album. She would've been nuts to release that over 4M as lead, so glad WB talked her out of that one! It has turned into quite the Madonna classic though :lol: I'm sure we'll get a reinvented version on the next tour too. Truly, I've LOVED all the live versions of that song.

i wonder if she will include Hey You any future Tours?

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

i have a feeling she wont announce anything nor there will be a press release

i think it will just be out and she will post insta a clip like: buy #magic now on iTunes, apple music, tidal and spotify

As much as I am frothing at the gash for an announcement, I have to say when this is finally in our claws, we will be marvelling how she kept everything so close to her chest.

8 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I want pretentious song titles from this new album. Like "Secular Baptism" or "Ambidextrous Blind Painter". 

:dead:

This is not the Lana Del Rey thread

Do you guys remember that 2 snippets from the beginning of November from her Insta story? Do you think that will be a song or even the lead single from the album? Because it sounded FABULOUS!!! Could be her big comeback smash in my opinion...