New album thread - continued here. WE NEED TO WAKE UP to MAGIC.

I always kinda worry about quality of the result and quality of the music when artists delay and delay with albums--or are in the recording studio for what seems like a year (or longer).

Could it be worst case scenario that Madonna had a full album almost ready to go for summer or fall 2018, and scrapped it, and started mostly over? Are there too many producers and cooks in the kitchen with this album? 

Sometimes the best albums are written and recorded super fast, and boom, it's brilliant. Just wondering if there is a reason behind this long production of the album ... 🙂

What do you guys think ?

1 minute ago, jjbradleynyc said:

I always kinda worry about quality of the result and quality of the music when artists delay and delay with albums--or are in the recording studio for what seems like a year (or longer).

Could it be worst case scenario that Madonna had a full album almost ready to go for summer or fall 2018, and scrapped it, and started mostly over? Are there too many producers and cooks in the kitchen with this album? 

Sometimes the best albums are written and recorded super fast, and boom, it's brilliant. Just wondering if there is a reason behind this long production of the album ... 🙂

What do you guys think ?

I think it's been delayed at least once the fact is Vogue did declare it would be released by the end of 2018 but obviously things changed.

i don't know about too many producers though I mean the pot was brimming with all sorts of people on RH it feels more stripped down producer wise this time round.

In terms of quality I don't think it matters on the time span, Madonnas most critally acclaimed albums LAP & ROL had complete opposites in recording time....one a week one a year but both are the highlights for critics and many fans alike.

Remember Music (the song) arrived at the end of the process and the rest is history. When you got a good idea, you got to at least explore it even if it doesn't lead somewhere at the end. 

21 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

The album was never delayed, it was always meant for release by mid 2019, she has just taken her time on it as she probably doesn't have any serious deadlines to meet...

Maybe she is recording another record like Timberlake and Ariana did.  Finishing the second album???

35 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

The album was never delayed, it was always meant for release by mid 2019, she has just taken her time on it as she probably doesn't have any serious deadlines to meet...

Didn't she say somewhere during the Rebel Heart Tour something like  'see you in 2019'?

4 hours ago, Sideris said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin/8501737/maluma-madonna-recording-session-exclusive-interview

Maluma said that the song they were “cooking” with M will be part of hers next project 

Maybe their song will be called Motown? :lol2:

10 hours ago, freddykrueger86 said:

so there‘s hope? 💕

14 hours ago, elijah said:

Lets hope the new album sells at least as that. I dont want the trend of M selling 1/2 of the previous album (since 2008) to continue this year. I think if the album is great it could be a hit.

14 hours ago, dollhouse said:

yes! the letdowns were UK and USA. She couldve sold 1.5m easy with a strategy and RH Aviccii as a 1st single.

I think M14 is gonna sell like a bad ass!!! There is no leaks, complete reinvention, new sound, he’ll yeah!! Queen is going to slay!

2 hours ago, danorbit said:

Didn't she say somewhere during the Rebel Heart Tour something like  'see you in 2019'?

Yes! When touring Australia. No-one here believes that though :lol:

14 hours ago, Edivad said:

Not actually, It was added but was not part of the project, Just Like Live to tell for true Blue,  American Life for music, masterpiece for MDNA...

When Live to Tell was released the single clearly stated it was from her upcoming third album so it was pretty much "part of the project".

At this stage she might as well call it "Chinese Democracy".

13 hours ago, YannBouch said:

What a good concept it would have been damn. It's not in madonna's blood but playin on her living legend status could really work.

I’m a good friend of Manfred Thierry Mugler who has nothing to do with fashion anymore. He told me last year that he met Giovanni Bianco and somehow they talked about M. Mugler told him that M should definitely play on her living legend status caus she has nothing more to prove... I was hoping the 2 could work together, it would have been my chance to meet her! 

Perhaps some of the posts are meant with humor, but all the baseless and hysterical  speculation regarding delays and misdirection is completely offensive to Madonna. I’d like to chime in to underline that the majority of her fans seem to be extremely excited about the potential implied by the length of time Madonna has spent focusing on creating this album...a year ago we were being told she had two films to direct, and her sole “creative” output appeared to be MDNA Skin. Now we are (naturally impatiently) waiting in anticipation of a new musical style and era, including a tour, that looks to be career-defining, groundbreaking and, dare I say, positively challenging; a dream for any fan considering she has been an active popular musician for 36 years! She’s chosen to focus on the part of her career that is most heralded and dearest to her fans. To me, that inspires nothing more than enthusiastic devotion and respect for her creative process. Artistry cannot be rushed, and if you want fast food, you go to MacDonald’s, not a 3-star Michelin rated restaurant. There are plenty of lower quality, and perhaps more prolific yet fun pop stars releasing singles and albums all the time. Enjoy those while you save up for the special occasion meal Madonna will deliver!

29 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

When Live to Tell was released the single clearly stated it was from her upcoming third album so it was pretty much "part of the project".

Really? Good to know, I thought It was Just meant as a soundtrack Song for at close range and then added to TB to promote the new record further. I Always thought t'ha the First true single was PDP

4 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Really? Good to know, I thought It was Just meant as a soundtrack Song for at close range and then added to TB to promote the new record further. I Always thought t'ha the First true single was PDP

At one point she was going to call the album LTT instead of TB.

0:34

1 hour ago, Herfaceremains said:

Perhaps some of the posts are meant with humor, but all the baseless and hysterical  speculation regarding delays and misdirection is completely offensive to Madonna. I’d like to chime in to underline that the majority of her fans seem to be extremely excited about the potential implied by the length of time Madonna has spent focusing on creating this album...a year ago we were being told she had two films to direct, and her sole “creative” output appeared to be MDNA Skin. Now we are (naturally impatiently) waiting in anticipation of a new musical style and era, including a tour, that looks to be career-defining, groundbreaking and, dare I say, positively challenging; a dream for any fan considering she has been an active popular musician for 36 years! She’s chosen to focus on the part of her career that is most heralded and dearest to her fans. To me, that inspires nothing more than enthusiastic devotion and respect for her creative process. Artistry cannot be rushed, and if you want fast food, you go to MacDonald’s, not a 3-star Michelin rated restaurant. There are plenty of lower quality, and perhaps more prolific yet fun pop stars releasing singles and albums all the time. Enjoy those while you save up for the special occasion meal Madonna will deliver!

Loving this. No way do I want fast food. As hard as it is, I will wait and just trust. Someday it will all make sense and I can't wait.  

1 hour ago, Edivad said:

B.-Back-3.jpg

2 hours ago, Sylphide said:

I’m a good friend of Manfred Thierry Mugler who has nothing to do with fashion anymore. He told me last year that he met Giovanni Bianco and somehow they talked about M. Mugler told him that M should definitely play on her living legend status caus she has nothing more to prove... I was hoping the 2 could work together, it would have been my chance to meet her! 

Ok just because of that angle I don’t think it’s a good idea anymore. M will always have something more to offer 

4 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

This.

3 hours ago, Gus said:

At one point she was going to call the album LTT instead of TB.

0:34

I have also heard TB was supposed to be called ''Pop Art''. Is that true?