New album thread - continued here. WE NEED TO WAKE UP to MAGIC.

14 minutes ago, freddykrueger86 said:

#never

It feels like this album will never see the light of day like RH never going to reach 1 million sales lol.

but RH already did

im sure this album making will take much longer

i think shes doin it when she pleases without deadline

Rebel Heart sales are pretty impressive considering the world wide leak it suffered 

EB57461D-5B08-44E8-96CA-71B855D5FFE0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Rebel Heart sales are pretty impressive considering the world wide leak it suffered 

yes! the letdowns were UK and USA. She couldve sold 1.5m easy with a strategy and RH Aviccii as a 1st single.

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Lets hope the new album sells at least as that. I dont want the trend of M selling 1/2 of the previous album (since 2008) to continue this year. I think if the album is great it could be a hit.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Lets hope the new album sells at least as that. I dont want the trend of M selling 1/2 of the previous album (since 2008) to continue this year. I think if the album is great it could be a hit.

but it should be released in autumn to capture sales

20 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

Why does people think that this picture is recent? I don't get it.

I was also thinking isn't this just an old photo.

The album could very well flop commercially, but one thing I'm not too worried about is quality. Madge is many things, but lazy is not one of them. The length of time between albums has gotten longer bc her life is filled with a lot more than it was in the 80s (6! kids, major side product lines, major humanitarian assistance programs). Even her lowest-quality output has been pretty fricking amazing compared to other artists at this stage in their careers. American Life was seen as a flop commercially but is one of her best-loved albums by fans. Trust in M. It'll come when it'll come, and it'll be quality.

1983 MADONNA
1984 LIKE A VIRGIN
1986 TRUE BLUE
1989 LIKE A PRAYER
1992 EROTICA
1994 BEDTIME STORIES
1998 RAY OF LIGHT
2000 MUSIC
2003 AMERICAN LIFE
2005 CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR
2008 HARD CANDY
2012 MDNA
2015 REBEL HEART
2025 WE NEED MORE WINDOWS IN HELL

5 minutes ago, Eyeslikethedesert said:

The album could very well flop commercially, but one thing I'm not too worried about is quality. Madge is many things, but lazy is not one of them. The length of time between albums has gotten longer bc her life is filled with a lot more than it was in the 80s (6! kids, major side product lines, major humanitarian assistance programs). Even her lowest-quality output has been pretty fricking amazing compared to other artists at this stage in their careers. American Life was seen as a flop commercially but is one of her best-loved albums by fans. Trust in M. It'll come when it'll come, and it'll be quality.

This. I agree one hundred percent.

But let me point out something about AL. The album was spectacular.

But the lead single was poorly chosen, in my opinion. So many incredible songs, and American Life to me, was the weakest track, or one of the weakest. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the album, and it's gonna be great regardless. But I'd love to see other people having a similar good experience on some level.

6 minutes ago, Eyeslikethedesert said:

Mmmh no, to me, Despite containing  some of the songs I love the most, Is my least favourite album

12 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

But the lead single was poorly chosen, in my opinion. So many incredible songs, and American Life to me, was the weakest track, or one of the weakest. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the album, and it's gonna be great regardless. But I'd love to see other people having a similar good experience on some level.

no, al was the best of the bunch

Tried to be a boy

Tried to be a girl

Tried to be a mess

Tried to be the best

I guess I did it wrong

That's why I wrote this song

This type of modern life

Is it for me ?

This type of modern life

Is it for free ?

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

1983 MADONNA
1984 LIKE A VIRGIN
1986 TRUE BLUE
1989 LIKE A PRAYER
1992 EROTICA
1994 BEDTIME STORIES
1998 RAY OF LIGHT
2000 MUSIC
2003 AMERICAN LIFE
2005 CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR
2008 HARD CANDY
2012 MDNA
2015 REBEL HEART
2025 WE NEED MORE WINDOWS IN HELL

:lol:

1 hour ago, Eyeslikethedesert said:

Right on!! 

It seems like a lot of fans from Latin America have been having huge meltdowns about Maluma.

I have no idea who the guy is, but in my opinion in Europe and North American working with someone from Latin America makes it look cooler and much less desperate than working with someone like Minaj who everyone knows is trash. Maluma might be trash too but to Europeans and Americans it might look cool because he is a cute guy from Colombia that no one knows other than people in Spain and in American cities with sizable latin population.

1 hour ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Wasn't Die Another Day the lead single?

57 minutes ago, iasonas said:

It seems like a lot of fans from Latin America have been having huge meltdowns about Maluma.

I have no idea who the guy is, but in my opinion in Europe and North American working with someone from Latin America makes it look cooler and much less desperate than working with someone like Minaj who everyone knows is trash. Maluma might be trash too but to Europeans and Americans it might look cool because he is a cute guy from Colombia that no one knows other than people in Spain and in American cities with sizable latin population.

I love Minaj last album , the picture with lauren is 2018 and the album is 2 monthes close to see the light and americans & europeans tastes in music are quite  different ( thank G*d )

5 hours ago, freddykrueger86 said:

#never

It feels like this album will never see the light of day like RH never going to reach 1 million sales lol.

I Know what you mean, It is so long.

but RH did !

By March 2016 it sold an estimated one million copies worldwide 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Heart

Madonna has been quoted before as saying that she enjoys the challenge of balancing commerce with art. She has been doing this in one form or another for her entire career. In my opinion, the features and collaborations with popular artists are simply the currency that allows her to continue to make money on the recording side of the business. There is only so much she can do to combat ageism and people who think she has nothing new to offer; these collaborations are the trojan horses through which she gets various audiences to view her in a new light and buy her music.

2 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Wasn't Die Another Day the lead single?

Not actually, It was added but was not part of the project, Just Like Live to tell for true Blue,  American Life for music, masterpiece for MDNA...

It’s also worth pointing out that Rebel Heart was one of the most illegally downloaded albums of that year.

If those downloads were converted to streams (which they would hopefully this time around), we can easily surpass those sales this time. 

8 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Not actually, It was added but was not part of the project, Just Like Live to tell for true Blue,  American Life for music, masterpiece for MDNA...

American Pie