New album thread - continued here. WE NEED TO WAKE UP to MAGIC.

Omg obviously Monet is an extra. No one is gonna give M shit for that. They obviously didn’t expect a full cameo! 

Anyhow im here for any stonewall riot type video though I know It’s pure speculation on our part 

13 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

this type of modern life is not for her plus what do you mean is it enough ? 

theres no buzz and no built up

fans r bored and gb dont care

7 minutes ago, spotlight said:

They also mentioned that thorgyThor turned down the offer to be an extra and a few other queens that I can’t remember rn

Snubbing Madonna and then brag about it is so 2018 though...

im not bored plus its not out till late april early june its too soon what do you want her to come out and say “ this is the album of the decade “ its all prob part of a strategy to avoid leaks too 

16 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

im not bored plus its not out till late april early june its too soon what do you want her to come out and say “ this is the album of the decade “ its all prob part of a strategy to avoid leaks too 

all at once could work for current artists but veteran act could be hurt

Oy I hope these drag queens don't go and make this BAD publicity for M lol I listened to that podcast and it was not positive. "Let me guess, 12 queens and none get paid" "Sharon was asked to be in it and she said Would Madonna be in the background of MY music video? Then no" Like....ugh Still hopeful this is part of her winning the younger gays over, but I really don't care, the younger gays can worship the queens and the sub par pop stars of today, I just want new music and art from my queen and I'll be thrilled.

Just now, dollhouse said:

all at once could work for current artists but veteran act could be hurt

veteran lol im sure youre a troll sometimes 

nothing can hurt a era than everything leaking months in advance 

16 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Oy I hope these drag queens don't go and make this BAD publicity for M lol I listened to that podcast and it was not positive. "Let me guess, 12 queens and none get paid" "Sharon was asked to be in it and she said Would Madonna be in the background of MY music video? Then no" Like....ugh Still hopeful this is part of her winning the younger gays over, but I really don't care, the younger gays can worship the queens and the sub par pop stars of today, I just want new music and art from my queen and I'll be thrilled.

they should be flattered they was asked especially if the theme of it is stonewall raid the nasty twats 

5 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

Here’s an interpretation of the gay male perception of Madonna for anyone with the patience to read:

Gay men have always had a generationally-appointed diva, and each new generation rejects the previous one’s because gay culture has traditionally been defined by late-onset individuation due to the experience of societal intolerance. The narcissistic pursuit of belonging to the Zeitgeist is ironically the antithesis of individuation and Madonna’s entire philosophy, but Madonna always offered the opportunity to conform and rebel in equal measure, and sometimes concurrently. This gave us options. She also shared a strong sense of queer politics and aesthetics due to the culture she gravitated toward and was shaped by.  

Gay people used to look to the cultural past for glimmers of familiarity, acceptance and acknowledgement coded into the works of those who didn’t fit in and who either overcame the odds (individuated triumph) or were consumed by self-destructive tragedy (toxic shame). The mainstreaming of gay identity politics has essentially erased the need for an isolated community of support, and now belonging to the gay collective is more like a country club membership system, hierarchy and discrimination included.  In addition to this shifting dynamic less and less people under the age of 30 seem able to retain any information that isn’t condensed into an easily transferable sound bite to convey their “identity”, and so the past has become too arduous and dense to experience. It requires investment to attain multi-layered context; the historical, the cultural, and the individual. 

Madonna was extraordinary in that she captured two distinct generations of youth culture in the mainstream, something that no other “gay diva” ever did, and probably never will again. Her rise coincided with a massive socio-cultural and economic shift in America, which she seemed to encapsulate perfectly, whether perceived with irony or taken literally. Her anthemic presence was a counterbalance to the dirge of AIDS. Some gay men who were either her peers or older hated her publicly, but followed her every move privately. Often those who hated her felt threatened by her because she challenged them to take ownership of themselves. Essentially Madonna rubbed people’s noses in their own shit, gay or straight, black or white. She wasn’t seeking the approval of anyone, and that irked a lot of people. When Madonna pursued a life that wasn’t relatable to some gay men by focusing on her family, seeking to address the problem of AIDS across Africa rather than America or Europe, and shifting her interest away from club culture, she became a pariah to them. A specific gay demographic that didn’t wish to conform to heteronormative values found itself faced with the dilemma of finding purpose beyond the clubs, the gym and grindr. Ironically, Madonna’s path is quite parallel, only she found something else, and this made her repellent to them, awakening their deepest insecurities.

For all the sociological exploration herein, one thing is certain. Madonna is exceptional, and will eventually be re-embraced as supreme in her support of the community and mainstream representational pioneering of queer and underground culture.

What happened a decade ago is, in my humble opinion, a total fabrication. Corporate culture essentially annointed the next Madonna because no one seemed to ever manage to eclipse her, which was extremely problematic for an industry that is all about youth...She wasn’t playing by the rules by outshining everyone ALL the time! Even when she didn’t sell, she was still top dog. I’m not sure why they picked Gaga to be elevated, but there must have been a checklist, and she matched the criteria required. The consistent erasure of the dialog about her mimicry as mediocrity, the lack of substance in her work and message, and her inability to connect with both mainstream and fringe cultures simultaneously (perhaps as a result of LGBTQ culture having fully integrated into the mainstream) make the Industry-wide support of her beyond questionable, but they have succeeded in creating a myth thanks to the generally uninquiring mind syndrome that plagues this rather peculiar generation. They have nothing to fight against as they are all defined by victimhood as the celebratory catalyst, whereas Madonna was about empowerment and transcendence. Some day soon intellect and curiosity will be traits to aspire to once again, and Madonna’s legacy will obliterate the falsehoods. That she seems intent on reminding the gays of her illustrious journey with the launch of her next era is definitely indicative of that resurgence. 

:clap:

1 minute ago, trickyricky said:

they should be flattered they was asked especially if the theme of it is stonewall the nasty twats 

Right? Like fuckin A the lack of respect. The thing with these Ru girls is the show has just SO exploded into popular culture that many of them really feel they are at some kind of legend status already, despite the fact that as the season churn out a dozen new queens year after year after year, their appeal is getting diluted to the point that there are gonna be so many of these damn ru girls not a single one is gonna really be a "star," but go ahead and act like you're at that level

tbh first I heard about the drag queens (and that one in particular not going to their tour to be in the video) I knew there would be complaints or attempts at shade afterwards. it would be naive to have fantasies about getting an important role on short notice. I certainly hope this Monet wasn't that unrealistic about it and asked in advance about everything. the queens on that podcast just act jealous and immature. they don't even know if M was there, so they probably don't talk with Monet 

16 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

veteran lol im sure youre a troll sometimes 

nothing can hurt a era than everything leaking months in advance 

not about a leak, but longer build up to make sure theres enough awerenes and buzz

i mean, #soon a year ago?

3 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

not about a leak, but longer build up to make sure theres enough awerenes and buzz

i mean, #soon a year ago?

Agree. It’s getting ridiculous now. 

Im getting soooo bored of her twin posts. For the first time i think about to unfollow her on insta.

Edit: why wait for someone else to do what you can do right now. See you in 2022

Edited by Miphiwart

50 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Right? Like fuckin A the lack of respect. The thing with these Ru girls is the show has just SO exploded into popular culture that many of them really feel they are at some kind of legend status already, despite the fact that as the season churn out a dozen new queens year after year after year, their appeal is getting diluted to the point that there are gonna be so many of these damn ru girls not a single one is gonna really be a "star," but go ahead and act like you're at that level

I don't know who any of these ppl are nor do I care. They just better not stand in front of Madonna during the video and block the frame. That is assuming there is a video or new album coming out cuz lately I'm not so sure.

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

where is her new' Team' by the way?

where r they rebranding her for the new release?

Because they're just the pr team. There's no new marketing team.

9 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Because they're just the pr team. There's no new marketing team.

what can we credit for her new pr team for past months?

1 hour ago, spotlight said:

They also mentioned that thorgyThor turned down the offer to be an extra and a few other queens that I can’t remember rn

I’m so glad Thorgy Thor isn’t in the video, she really is the most annoying queen from all the seasons of Drag Race

4 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Yes yes yes we get it, the gays fucking hate Madonna and they love Cher and Gaga and Kylie. We are too aware of that fact. Now please tell us something NEW. Thanks 

the fuck are you talking about. I wasn't following the conversation about the gays in here. Even if i was, i can talk about whatever i want. Thanks

its pretty obvious she is waiting on eurovision to release the album and tour dates and we will likely hear the new song a week before this event why cant we just deal with the wait we got some demos to help us with the wait , shes not going to tease us a lot due to the rebel heart leaks this im sure of ... we prob wont even get a official snippet this time around ... lets just be happy she has recorded a new album and is alive unlike most of her peers 

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

some so called fans are already killing this era, before it even started. just because they have their own timeline and ideas about the look, the ass, the face, collaborations, drag queens, video, album... what the shit people?! don’t you have something else to do? 

when did it become enough to say “someone said...” for people to start shitting all over the place? how old are they? 12? 

can you? wow aren’t you a clairvoyant. 

also, @Herfaceremains, thanks. great post :x

yes, i can.

Also, i can see a forum where people can comment what they want.. Don't you?

10 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Stonewall and the GLAAD award, I guess.

even the lady fraud pic i mean the media was dying to say she was seething with jealousy over the win for best song not actress and a pic of her with her with the award kind of took that story away from them so as much as i hate the pic i think it was a good move 

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

theres no buzz and no built up

fans r bored and gb dont care

Its GA or GP by the way

And unless you have personally asked every person on earth about it then you dont know who cares about what.  

40 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

what can we credit for her new pr team for past months?

what do you want ? and dont think ive not picked up on your cryptic posts lol