M14. Music video being shot.

OMG, I go to bed thinking there wouldn't be anymore news yet, and wake up to this? Pictures from the threatre, information on the song, video etc. Omg... i'm going to faint.

To say I'm excited about this new era is a criminal understatement, but one thing I don't understand. Why were some drag queens hired to perform in the video the day before the shooting started? Judging by everything else we know, M has put a lot of thought and careful planning into this project - was there some sort of a last-minute U-turn in the concept of the video or something? 

3 minutes ago, Foolio said:

To say I'm excited about this new era is a criminal understatement, but one thing I don't understand. Why were some drag queens hired to perform in the video the day before the shooting started? Judging by everything else we know, M has put a lot of thought and careful planning into this project - was there some sort of a last-minute U-turn in the concept of the video or something? 

It reminded me of Bitch Im Madonna video shoot lol let's call all the celebs two days before the shoot lol BUT IT'S EXCITING!!!

6 minutes ago, Foolio said:

I guess that it is how you keep a secret "secret" ... 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I'm I too conformist if I say I just wish the song has a bridge? 

I hope it has a bridge, but I pray it doesn't have a "drop" (ugh...)

3 hours ago, Reindeer said:

The anticipation is a bit like tantric sex at this point... Body quivering at every tiniest bit of news! I can't imagine what the actual release will feel like... BOOM!!!

The old-school downtown LA theatre, disco glam extravaganza reminds me of the fun video to Capital Cities' Safe & Sound from a few years back. 

I love it when M throws a party!

https://youtu.be/47dtFZ8CFo8

I love when she throws a party too. So, let it begin. And thanks for the video. I love it.

10 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Was there any song on the whiteboard called Wake up? Has anyone got the photo of the whiteboard again?

I just had another look and can't see a song with the words "Wake Up", so it's obviously been renamed...

image.png

6 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

come alive - wake up

So not mixed by mirwais 🙂

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Moaning Myrtles can please wait until they see the results? 

Really, some people's nonhability to enjoy the moment is astounding. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

I'm I too conformist if I say I just wish the song has a bridge? 

oh yes!..

i wish too!.. the songs without a bridge sounds like an unfinished work...
well..., @karbatal , i think you mean the same thing, right?..

Looks like things are moving a little faster now. Hopefully we'll see some evidence of slayage this week (sneak peeks).

I’m totally confused and perplexed by anyone who bemoans “politicaldonna”.  I mean yeah she’s written some fantastic escapist anthems (Holiday, ITG, Hung Up) but she’s literally built her entire career on politics, provocation and challenging societal norms. LAP, LAV Vogue, PDP, EY, JML, Erotica, AL all were designed to drive a conversation and challenge our assumptions about sex, gender, homosexuality, abortion, personal freedom etc.  So when people say “ I’m bored with her politics” I’m like “ what have you been listening to the last 35 years?”  Bring it on M!  We need to wake up!  Especially with the state of the world the way it is today. 

9 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Still no news of the video director, name of the song...things are getting properly this time! The anxiety is killing me! :wow:

Maybe she s directing

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Moaning Myrtles can please wait until they see the results? 

Really, some people's nonhability to enjoy the moment is astounding. 

THIS X 1000!!

28 minutes ago, Sjewell88 said:

I’m totally confused and perplexed by anyone who bemoans “politicaldonna”.  I mean yeah she’s written some fantastic escapist anthems (Holiday, ITG, Hung Up) but she’s literally built her entire career on politics, provocation and challenging societal norms. LAP, LAV Vogue, PDP, EY, JML, Erotica, AL all were designed to drive a conversation and challenge our assumptions about sex, gender, homosexuality, abortion, personal freedom etc.  So when people say “ I’m bored with her politics” I’m like “ what have you been listening to the last 35 years?”  Bring it on M!  We need to wake up!  Especially with the state of the world the way it is today. 

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

4 hours ago, Mensch said:

There’s drama with M&P cause Monet left unannounced to take Madonna’s offer and they are bitter she left so they made a post about how she will not be in any further events. 

I think Monet is saying now that she’s in M’s video, she’s like Beyoncé 

Also, I think it's a direct promotion for herself since one of the songs on her most recent album is called "Beyoncé", according to what I've read.