New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

So bizarre to see people who were, without question, huge fans of hers diminish her to things like this when she's been incorporating different cultures and sounds into her music/image for almost FORTY YEARS. WTF?? Why weren't these people offended in 1986???

... uhm how has that person not jumped off the Madonna wagon decades ago? So weird to see this reaction NOW and for all things this short clip we don't even know is hers? Sure Madonna appropriates, she has her entire career basically though. I mean the oh-so-offensively-appropriative gold tooth debuted more than 25 years ago...

Why can’t be just be excited? I was so happy that the little bit of news I was able to share made everyone excited and now it’s back to the shitshow in less than 3 seconds!!! Smdh 

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

So bizarre to see people who were, without question, huge fans of hers diminish her to things like this when she's been incorporating different cultures and sounds into her music/image for almost FORTY YEARS. WTF?? Why weren't these people offended in 1986???

Exactly!! So freakin weird!

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

Why can’t be just be excited? I was so happy that the little bit of news I was able to share made everyone excited and now it’s back to the shitshow in less than 3 seconds!!! Smdh 

Well, I for one am through the roof with excitement. Every little tid-bit you throw at us just gets me more and more hyped!!

Just to play devil's advocate, would intentionally leaving her face off the cover of her debut single as to not make people believe she's white also be cultural appropriation? I know that may have been more Sire than her but just sayin.....it just blows my mind that anyone that could be offended by things like that would be a fan for so long and NOW, based on a stupid snippet decide she's stealing from black culture.

But hey, realizations for things have there own unique process for everyone I suppose.

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

So excited about this album! Idk what to think.....prob to the dismay of a few, I do think there's gonna be some "hip-hop-ish" type things on hear and maybe some rapping......but then there is Mirwais....not to mention the whole Portuguese influence so this is shaping up to be just as "insiders" are saying......"like nothing else out there"

Idk if we're ready for this y'all! I think she's really gonna blow our minds and push the limits of our musical tastes. The more info that trickles in, the more I think this is going to be a special album. Maybe not the universal success of a ROL but I do think this will be a musical reinvention we haven't seen since ROL.

YES MIRWAIS INTRODUCED HER INTO RAPPING

AMERICAN LIFE!

20 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

My biggest problem is they haven't heard a single note and they already complain.
If they don't like it, I pray they go away. I will if I dislike what she does. 

2 minutes ago, runa said:

My biggest problem is they haven't heard a single note and they already complain.
If they don't like it, I pray they go away. I will if I dislike what she does. 

Same here! I don't get it. Clearly, if someone felt that way about her, it didn't happen solely because of that clip.....there HAD to have been feelings like that prior. Did we just witness an attempted boardicide?? :lol:

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Same here! I don't get it. Clearly, if someone felt that way about her, it didn't happen solely because of that clip.....there HAD to have been feelings like that prior. Did we just witness an attempted boardicide?? :lol:

:dead:

Personally as a middle aged person i don't enjoy and don't listen to new music nowadays .I only have one expectation of the new M album : make good music and i really don't care which route it will take . It's the only artist i follow and she never disapoints ,so..

58 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Madonna ALWAYS does urban music just right! Its influence on Bedtime Stories, Hard Candy, and Rebel Heart was perfection. M-Dolla for the win. Very exciting times indeed, regardless of which direction she goes! She hasn’t diasappointed me in 30+ years, and I doubt she’s gonna start now.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Simply ready to enjoy. The sooner the better. 

Ok this was the first meltdown of the new era.....before it even started….

Can we all join and be positive, grate- and thankful for what is about to come. We should be thankful she is still around, still making music. 

I demand only positivity from now on on this MADONNA FAN-board.

Let's make music bring the people together in this crazy world.

32 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Your posts are everything, thank you for every info you gave us! 

5 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

Personally as a middle aged person i don't enjoy and don't listen to new music nowadays .I only have one expectation of the new M album : make good music and i really don't care which route it will take . It's the only artist i follow and she never disapoints ,so..

I'm with you! I know it's partially because I'm old(er) now but there's not one "new" artist who's albums I anticipate like M's. It just seems like she's INCREDIBLY inspired this go round (that doesn't diminish anything prior btw) and the fact that we know so little just makes it all the more exciting to me. I really haven't felt this way about an M album since......Idk when really....I've always had SOME sort of assumption of how it's going to be but this time, she has me clamoring!! I just don't know what to expect!! Has our girl EVER put out anything really bad though?? There's always something salvageable in every release she's done.

44 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Well, I for one am through the roof with excitement. Every little tid-bit you throw at us just gets me more and more hyped!!

I'm so excited too and thankful. I appreciate every tidbit and possible hints of music and the new era teased by @Mensch and @robster and everyone who is watching the producers etc on instagram. But yeah, it's important not to rush to judgement on anything. I realize a lot of factors can make that happen these days. Even still, have faith in Madonna. She's never disappointed and there is always something for everyone.  If you write her off on anything, it could be your biggest mistake. 

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

Oh yes, it's JUST her dancing to hip hop :rolleyes:

You people clearly could care less about hip hop, but when Madonna spoon feeds it to you through a song produced by a black hip hop artist where she sings it while wearing grills (gold teeth go back to slavery and recently freed slaves), I'm so excited :rolleyes: Literally the definition of cultural appropriation.

I'll go away now while everyone trashes my opinion. Have fun.

image.png

Go away then till you’ve actually heard the album. The album is rumored to be released in May or June, so enjoy your suspension till June!

15 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

Ok this was the first meltdown of the new era.....before it even started….

Can we all join and be positive, grate- and thankful for what is about to come. We should be thankful she is still around, still making music. 

I demand only positivity from now on on this MADONNA FAN-board.

Let's make music bring the people together in this crazy world.

So true. One day in the near future could be it. So we should be so thankful for this era and new album because it's only going to get harder as she gets older to have the energy to do an album with the kind of time, energy, and power it takes and as she's had in the past. 

Given the previous snippets from m’s oficial Instagram i don’t think her material is even hip hop related. The newest snippet we heard has a very very high possibility to be maluma’s.

but if m releases hip hop i’ll be pissed too.