New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

Yes, what is a mixtape in the modern modern meaning? I'm sure she's not recording her favourite songs onto a C90 to give to Mirwais.

And does the album need to be finished before a single is released?

I don't mind she's working on the album still but expectations are sky rocketing!

1 hour ago, humanracin said:

Maybe it's taking so long because we're getting:

1: Album

2: Album Film / Documentary 

and perhaps even ... 3: Mix Tape

And she needs to finish it all to release together? 

Purely speculation of course...

You take the cake. I think Madonna wants to release everything simultaneously this time.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

I somewhat agree. I don't think time constraints had anything to do with the quality of MDNA, I think it was what she did with her time that was the problem. Conversely, fussy overproduction of the MDNA Tour film which she laboured over for ages completely ruined it.

But why do we like Madonna? Becaus of her video editing skills or her skills as a musician and performance artist? She wants to have a go at everything and it doesn’t always work out in her favour, but when she sticks to what she does best the results are more often than not pretty spectacular. Personally I struggle to imagine the negatives in M labouring over music. But only time will tell!

Imagine. It’s sunny.  Pool party. Rosé. Sun. Good food. New Madonna jam everybody love playing. I’m all in for an April release. Madonna has already the song of the summer 

7 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Sorry, all the looks are prepping for a disco-themed music video shoot!!! More news to come! 

I love you 🤗

4 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Wonder if the fado and Portuguese inspiration are actually for the new album? It could be for a separate project?! Hmm...

...but then again we had the Mirwais tracks like Extreme Occident and Dark Ballet on the same whiteboard with titles such as Funana and Batuka. I believe it's going to be the same project.

53 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Sorry, all the looks are prepping for a disco-themed music video shoot!!! More news to come! 

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!

Mensch coming thruuuuuuuuu once again!

Can you tell us anything about the options she has to wear?

59 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I am NOT ready!!!! Hope she delivers a killer video and performance. This is an easy European hit! 

It looks very 80’s punk rock leather jackets sequin sparkling bows...there’s a lot though!!!! Huge luggage’s filled of amazing glittery clothes. Don’t know how it will tie into disco but I’m sure they have the concept ready 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

It looks very 80’s punk rock leather jackets sequin sparkling bows...there’s a lot though!!!! Huge luggage’s filled of amazing glittery clothes. Don’t know how it will tie into disco but I’m sure they have the concept ready 

:Disco_Ball:

30 minutes ago, Mensch said:

You are the best for sharing any little tidbits you hear

4 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I'm already picturing a glittery version of this:

33c0nwg.jpg

And it looks good! 

:Disco_Ball:

10 minutes ago, Nikki said:

are we talking about the Oscar party clothes/outfits M may try or the new video or album cover?

No I think he talks about things happening in New-York, so dont makes sense if her stuff are there for the party while she's in L.A

29 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Confessions 2.0

IrxtlqA.gif

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

Wasn’t expecting that! Wow😍😍😍😍

29 minutes ago, Nikki said:

are we talking about the Oscar party clothes/outfits M may try or the new video or album cover?

The album cover was this shoot in London by Steven Klein with Arianne Phillips styling: