M14: coming 'soon'

robster

3 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Me waiting, anticipating, but I can see she’s hasitating 💅🏻

3C937D14-9650-4D6B-A60C-D8D08CBE16FA.jpeg

312B2681-D87F-49E0-89E6-C6DC095CF1D1.jpeg

Those colours ❤️ Beautiful, i love everything about this. Also jealous 😄

I think the reason Madonna is taking forever on this album consists of complicated factors.

She has 30+ years of achievements in her career--tons of #1 singles, tons of top 10 hits, tons of multi-platinum albums, successful sold out tours, success in movies and television, and an iconic superstar all around.

As-a-result, she is focusing on other areas of her life and career -- both the past 4 years and currently.

*She no longer lives full-time in the US--Portugal whisked her away to another life of culture, experience, and pace. She is loving this life most likely.

*She is focusing on her skin care line, and it seems to have been successful and profitable. 

*Her other areas of investments over the past decades are surely generating very lucrative passive income streams currently, so her hard work is paying off bigtime.

*She is focusing on her kids' lives and family.

*Making music is now fun to her, and a creative outlet. She no longer feels pressure to make top 10 hits and crank to the rhythm of a music industry that will not play her music on American radio anyway. 

We'll get an album this year, for sure, but I think her style with this album of "taking her time" is fully justified, as much as we dislike it as fans.

37 minutes ago, jjbradleynyc said:

I think the reason Madonna is taking forever on this album consists of complicated factors.

She has 30+ years of achievements in her career--tons of #1 singles, tons of top 10 hits, tons of multi-platinum albums, successful sold out tours, success in movies and television, and an iconic superstar all around.

As-a-result, she is focusing on other areas of her life and career -- both the past 4 years and currently.

*She no longer lives full-time in the US--Portugal whisked her away to another life of culture, experience, and pace. She is loving this life most likely.

*She is focusing on her skin care line, and it seems to have been successful and profitable. 

*Her other areas of investments over the past decades are surely generating very lucrative passive income streams currently, so her hard work is paying off bigtime.

*Making music is now fun to her, and a creative outlet. She no longer feels pressure to make top 10 hits and crank to the rhythm of a music industry that will not play her music on American radio anyway. 

We'll get an album this year, for sure, but I think her style with this album of "taking her time" is fully justified, as much as we dislike it as fans.

this

1 hour ago, jjbradleynyc said:

Spot on!

3 hours ago, jjbradleynyc said:

Great post. I agree!! 

8 hours ago, loowee said:

Ariana’s album wasn’t literally done within two weeks either. She was already recording new music before Sweetener was released. My whole point is that the time it takes to finish an album has nothing to do with artistry. The reasons why M is taking so long to release the new album are:

1. She is a mother of six and has her own schedule for her family. She’s not going to lock herself up in a studio for weeks/months.

2. The album release date needs to work with the tour itinerary and promo schedule. 

3. She gives no fucks.

I think its safe to say the sound madonna is going for with this album is experimental judging by her post about bowie and the man who mixed the album comment on her instagram ..is this a good or bad thing ? what do you fans want 

38 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

I think its safe to say the sound madonna is going for with this album is experimental judging by her post about bowie and the man who mixed the album comment on her instagram ..is this a good or bad thing ? what do you fans want 

What comment?

9 hours ago, Royal T said:

Those colours ❤️ Beautiful, i love everything about this. Also jealous 😄

Haha thanks 😂 I just recently started collecting vinyls and it’s been such a great experience. There’s something about it, like it connects you back to the past, brings you down to earth. We get so caught up in our cool new technology, that it strips away the magic! The experience. There’s something about it being “more real” so to speak when you can play the music on a vinyl. 

48 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I think he means 🙂

6w4SLW8.jpg

Yes saw this too! This is good news.  

21 hours ago, loowee said:

LAP album was done just as fast, it has nothing to do with artistry. And tbh the Dangerous Woman album isn't weaker than any of M's recent works.

M is an ARTIST, Ariana is not.

4 hours ago, trickyricky said:

I thought the same thing. Something VERY different, genre-bending, and experimental is coming. The Bowie quote about pushing yourself, and then also her instagram post about "this is what rehearsal looks like now..." and it was a picture of a seated guitar player. I feel like she is trying to get us ready for the shock of this new era. Brace for Impact!

I’m just thankful that she’s still creating music. She doesn’t have to anymore because of everything that she already accomplished but because she loves us, she continues to give us pleasure with her music. I love You Madonna 

Edited by Coladonna

Reading the COADF Genesis thread its interesting to compare and contrast what we knew then and now.  Like November 2005 was known like a year in advance and now we still have nothing (ok I guess we have May). Even Hung up was known about and we still dont know what the hell we are getting for first single. Although its funny to read Madonna thought people would love I Love New York. Although not surprised.

6 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Haha thanks 😂 I just recently started collecting vinyls and it’s been such a great experience. There’s something about it, like it connects you back to the past, brings you down to earth. We get so caught up in our cool new technology, that it strips away the magic! The experience. There’s something about it being “more real” so to speak when you can play the music on a vinyl. 

I love your collection too. I wish they'd put a new cd, lyrics, a producing book of the creation process in a big cover folder or package similar like they do vinyls. 

26 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I love your collection too. I wish they'd put a new cd, lyrics, a producing book of the creation process in a big cover folder or package similar like they do vinyls. 

That would be an interesting concept