Predict the first single! Ballad or dance track?!

Sean612

2 hours ago, rebelheart said:

I think it'll be that Disco sounding song she previewed a few months ago on Instagram, the one where Robster made a loop of the beat. 

That sounds nothing like that chanting in the video. I have no idea how all these ideas can become a cohesive pop album.

I think it will be "somewhere in between" a ballad and a mid tempo track.

I would be very happy with an epic Ballad though.

I think a big "disco/dance" single will come after the first single.

I wanted a dance anthem before, but now tbh I just want the BEST song on the album to be released as first single. No more wasted opportunities like MDNA and Rebel Heart.

There's no time to waste! Don't hesitate! 

It's hard to predict what Madonna will do, but I think she might go with something in between a ballad and dance...something like Frozen with moves and beats, but Portuguese in nature. Something no one else is doing. 

39 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

I wanted a dance anthem before, but now tbh I just want the BEST song on the album to be released as first single. No more wasted opportunities like MDNA and Rebel Heart.

There's no time to waste! Don't hesitate! 

Ditto. I wanted a big slaying dance anthem, but now I want something a little more mellow and different. I'm anxious to hear and see how she incorporates the Portuguese culture. 

To me Frozen is a king of a ballad, it's rather slow and romantic, definitely something you can put on Something To Remember Vol. 2.

I'm expecting the new single to be a song you can really dance to, something energetic but not in a traditionnal club way because of the world music vibes there will be. Hope so !

Mixtape for butaka/funana/medellin/faz gostoso with a long video filmed in Maroko, Lisboa... and released in March  and some experimental dance (Killers, Dark ballet) track in May

She’s always been all over the place with her lead singles. 

Like A Prayer is NOT a traditional “dance” song by any means. It’s more of an anthem if anything. A sing along. 

Erotica blends house, funk, and a whole host of other elements. 

Secret was easily the most subdued single she released up until that point. 

Frozen, as others here have said, basically can’t be categorized. 

American Life. I mean. What the hell was this? 

Only Hung Up and Music were the two true “pop” and “dance” bangers in the last 30 years. 

Her lead singles have always been unique and unexpected. Which is why we’re always on the edge of our seats in uncontrollable anticipation before a new era begins. 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

Like A Prayer is NOT a traditional “dance” song by any means. It’s more of an anthem if anything. A sing along. 

Only Hung Up and Music were the two true “pop” and “dance” bangers in the last 30 years. 

Her lead singles have always been unique and unexpected. Which is why we’re always on the edge of our seats in uncontrollable anticipation before a new era begins. 

Your so right, although 4 Minutes is a good lead single also...

GMAYL & LFL I think didn’t match the lead single wowness we have come to expect from her, although they would have been good as maybe 3rd singles from those albums

15 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

GMAYL & LFL I think didn’t match the lead single wowness we have come to expect from her, although they would have been good as maybe 3rd singles from those albums

yes they did.

Okay, this is just wishful thinking, but I would love for the lead single to be a ballad. Or something that's actually surprising.

At this point, releasing a dance song is so formulaic. We all know it's coming. And I'm 98% sure it's going to be a dance song Ft. someone else. Yawn

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

I agree on GMAYL but LFL is anthemic (is that a word? Lol). It really is, it just builds up and those 90s house vibes drag you along until the very end. Many folks here dismiss it as it didn't chart, but to me LFL is the single I was waiting for from her since HC dropped. No kidding.

15 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

I agree on GMAYL but LFL is anthemic (is that a word? Lol). It really is, it just builds up and those 90s house vibes drag you along until the very end. Many folks here dismiss it as it didn't chart, but to me LFL is the single I was waiting for from her since HC dropped. No kidding.

LFL is... ok. The chorus is a little underwhelming and it lacks a hook and there is no proper bridge. Could be better.

18 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

"Live to Tell" is a pure soft rock ballad and if you count "Papa Don't Preach" as the lead single of TB - how would you describe this one, eh? 

19 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

LFL is... ok. The chorus is a little underwhelming and it lacks a hook and there is no proper bridge. Could be better.

Yeah, I could never understand why she wanted this to be a single. It reeks of b-side or bonus track.

5 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"Live to Tell" is a pure soft rock ballad and if you count "Papa Don't Preach" as the lead single of TB - how would you describe this one, eh? 

Agree completely. I was going with LAP to now with my choices. 

PDP? Well, it does clarify as a pop song but not in the traditional sense. I’d honestly put it in a similar category as LAP. It’s kind of an anthem. When it’s come on at parties or clubs, people don’t necessarily DANCE to it. They’re more doing that awkward sing/dance/arm swinging thing. 

18 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Agree completely. I was going with LAP to now with my choices. 

PDP? Well, it does clarify as a pop song but not in the traditional sense. I’d honestly put it in a similar category as LAP. It’s kind of an anthem. When it’s come on at parties or clubs, people don’t necessarily DANCE to it. They’re more doing that awkward sing/dance/arm swinging thing. 

And "Like a Virgin" isn't a dance song too. It's Motown-ish R&B-ish sweet bubblegum ditty, I can't articulate it :lol2: