Predict the first single! Ballad or dance track?!

Sean612

8 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

You can dance to any song but it doesn't make it a dance song. Frozen is not a dance song wtf

You can dance to Like a Payer but it's also not a dance song. Not the album version anyway.

I can show you the sticky and sweet version of frozen also... but the song is not a dance song in the genre dance.... 

You can dance to any song I repeat, but it doesn't make it a dance song (the genre Dance) 

17 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

You can dance to Like a Payer but it's also not a dance song. Not the album version anyway.

Like a Prayer is so much dancier than Frozen though...

1 minute ago, YannBouch said:

I can show you the sticky and sweet version of frozen also... but the song is not a dance song in the genre dance.... 

You can dance to any song I repeat, but it doesn't make it a dance song (the genre Dance) 

Doesnt mean its a ballad either.

3 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Like a Prayer is so much dancier than Frozen though...

You think so? The album version has a lot of pausing, with no drums being played. Same thing for Frozen. They're both amazing songs, I just wish the new single was less than half as good. I'd be on the moon!

Just now, Dany Targaryen said:

You think so? The album version has a lot of pausing, with no drums being played. Same thing for Frozen. They're both amazing songs, I just wish the new single was less than half as good. I'd be on the moon!

Frozen def has a feeling of movement (not the same as a dance song IMO) but it’s probably the slowest song of ROL next to Mer Girl/Little Star/DW/POG ...hell would everyone agree that albeit midtempo to slow To Have and Not To Hold is dancey? Cause I always felt it was...in the same vein as Fiona Apple’s First Taste ... 🤣🤣🤣 if we must discuss 

It will be a 4minutes song ;  all rap with no music except for the last minute grand finale full of drums and Her angelic operetta voice singin' "ash ash tag tag sooooon "

#youHeardItFirst

I love her slightly fast-paced midtempos so I am always rooting for one (think Love Profusion, Frozen, Living for Love, Don't tell me, ....). I honestly do not see her releasing a ballad, though. Just a hunch.

Reminded of this 2001 review of GHV2:

"So there's this pop singer... you may have heard of her? Madonna, she's called, and the word is that she's basically all image; she went through a put-your-hands-all-over-my-body phase, then she got spiritual, and then she started wearing cowboy hats. Between all the gossip columns and photo shoots, though, she's left an unmatched trail of devastatingly wonderful singles -- roaring dance records, tender ballads, and a curious combination of the two that is her personal specialty ("Secret" and "Ray of Light"). How many artists' best-of-the-second-decade collections crowd out legitimate hits? ("American Pie," anyone? "This Used to Be My Playground"?) Unlike 1990's Immaculate Collection, GHV2 doesn't have any new material; "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina," from Evita, and the glorious '60s pastiche "Beautiful Stranger" are the only songs that haven't appeared on a Madonna album before. But it compresses her past 10 years worth of records into an hour of one peak after another. --Douglas Wolk"