Predict the first single! Ballad or dance track?!

Sean612

She'll do a mid tempo track is my guess.

Then remixes will crank it up into a dance track....I think she's going for the international chart success with this lead single.

US radio won't play her unless she collaborates with another young artist, unfortunately. So, I bet she goes with an unusual sound that is catchy but super different, right out of the gate. 

2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Frozen isnt even a real ballad to me. Its more midtempo dance song.   Live to Tell is more appropriate.

I know what you mean, I've always had a hard time considering Frozen a ballad as well......when you compare it to ballads like LTT, OF, YS, CFY etc, it just doesn't fit with them. I wouldn't consider it dance though either. If anything, I'd probably categorize it with Secret, just a mid-tempo track. Perhaps my definition of "ballad" is too traditional. There's way too much going on in the production of Frozen though for me to call it a traditional "ballad".

As for what to expect with the upcoming single(s), Idk if she'd release a straight up ballad as a lead in '19, that's a huge risk......then again, that would be totally her to do something risky. If we're getting 2 singles though, I have no doubt one of them would be uptempo. Perhaps the other one would indeed be mid-tempo like a Frozen, Secret etc.

It will make you dance in a different way (for inspiration).

17 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Like Heartbreak City did. 

FrigidInbornCub-max-1mb.gif

39 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

OK you can definitely dance to frozen...  but can you dance to something to remember or this used to be my playground ? 

Ilove to dance to JustifyMyLove

Never have considered Frozen a Ballad either.  Don't see it as a dance song but also not as a ballad.  Unique magnificent song though and would love her first single to have the same impact of " Wow"  factor that Frozen, Music, Hung Up, Live to tell, Like a Prayer, Erotica, Like a Virgin all had.  Does not matter if it is fast, slow or mid tempo - just needs to be captivating as so many Madonna songs are.  The first single is always important and should be chosen with precision and care. 

She will release it on Netflix but you can choose between 3 videos, depending on your mood: Batuka, the Cape Verde anthem, Killers, the disco stomper and I Don’t Search, I Find, the mystical & magical midtempo track.

All 3 videos were filmed in the first weeks of January and cumulated in a grand finale  during the night of the super blood moon. All videos tell a story, so you can watch them one by one or actually become your own director and change the story. Madonna wears 2 different black wigs. 

Source: my brain