Madonna - new album coming soon. Queen teases on Insta

30 minutes ago, Jairo said:

I believe is Cape Verdean Creole, because it doesn't sound portuguese.

The Cape Verdean Creole is actually one of the official languages from Cape Verde along with Portuguese, and the Batuku (or Batuque in english) is more like having that language on the lyrics.

Now, look at this. This will be probably one of the concepts of her next tour or the next era:

"As a dance, the traditional batuque follows a precise ritual.

In a batuque session, a group of performers (almost always just women) gather themselves in a circle in a scenario that is called terreru [teˈʀeɾu]. This scenario does not have to be a precise location, it may be a back yard in a house or it may be a public square, for instance.

The musical piece begins with the players (that may be simultaneously or not batukaderas and kantaderas) executing the first movement, while one of the players goes to the center to perform the dance. In this first movement the dance is made only with body swinging, with an alternate movement of the legs playing the downbeat.

In the second movement, while the players perform the rhythm and sing in unison, the dancer changes the dancing. Now, the dancing (called da ku tornu [dɐ ku ˈtoɾnu]) is made with a hip swing managed through the quick flexion of the knees, accompanying the rhythm.

When the song is over, the dancer pulls back and another takes her place, and a new song begins. These performings may last for hours until the end of the batuque session."

:popcorn2:

Thanks for this and explaining. Bring it on Madonna!!

24 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Now THAT would be incredible, mixing batuka tribal percussion drum beats that flow from one song to the next with the songs having mirwais electronics meets dance madonna pop!!!! 

I want long songs. 10 song album with a few extra long songs with some beautiful intros and outros... 

+1

15 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

i dont think her previous eras were 'manufactured'. Why r her fans aways hatin/throwing under the bus the previous eras 😫

Not the eras but a one or two videos. I am a fan and am excited for the new release and visuals. 

54 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

This look is given me major re-invention vibes, in looks/visually/concept/attitude/personality- something I think we have not really had since COADF.

HC,MDNA,RH - we’re just sonic changes in sound but not the 360 reinvention she has been renowned for.

That would be stopping on the same spot

3 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

That would be stopping on the same spot

Well, you're right 🙂

Guys, I think I might go on a media blackout.

All this teasing is making me excited and I'm gonna get anxious because we're not getting the goods for a little while.

I don't think Batuka is the first single (at least not the english one) as according to Madonna-Online she sings the whole song in Portuguese. Maybe that rumor about there being 2 singles is true, one of the them is Batuka aimed at the Latin market & another English one?

15 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I read on twitter there's an album listening party happening in London...if true we might get lots of news #soon

You didn't read the last few pages

2 hours ago, CalinB said:

I really hope the final product uses the amazing/lively landscape location to the fullest (the colors in the wall graffiti are amazing). The night and day views I seen are breathtaking. So much color/life!!! So hope for an epic real location video with lots of colors that does not get weird dark/one dimensional faded treatment (e.g., LFL - the black and red texture was so depressing).  

I actually agree. I’m worried about that cause knowing M...I want some daytime shots of that location as well as the nighttime shots...like a day in the life of Gypsy M in Lisbon. Beautiful architecture (like in take a bow...with her running and putting her hands against the wall...)something rustic and sexy, mature and yet edgy. I think she will deliver musically though 

1 hour ago, rebelheart said:

I don't think Batuka is the first single (at least not the english one) as according to Madonna-Online she sings the whole song in Portuguese. Maybe that rumor about there being 2 singles is true, one of the them is Batuka aimed at the Latin market & another English one?

one sang in portuguese one sang in english 

As someone from Portugal, this all feels so strange. Who would ever thought that Madonna would one day make an album inspired by my country, its culture, history, and people? It's just incredible! I couldn't be more excited to see what she has in store. 

She is really giving her all to this new record! The fact that everything is so tightly kept and there's been no leaks at all, no information, nothing, just makes it all even more exciting and special.

We must get ready guys... Because she's coming and will reinvent the pop world once again.

Oh I'm hungry for this Feast... Starving in fact!

But I ain't getting on that wheel again, expecting the new single to drop in a week or two only to be disappointed when nothing happens.

I will get excited once she Officially announces it.

That video clip doesn't seem like a music video to me, it seems more documentary style?

I'm thinking the whole album will have a Visual element or it will be the previously rumoured Documentary for Netflix.

3 minutes ago, robster said:

Wow that is incredible. I’m seeing this full new reinvention with these animated creations!!! Kind of like the older Music-Mirwais woman the persona from that era could be. But completely different. 

2 hours ago, Mensch said:

I actually agree. I’m worried about that cause knowing M...I want some daytime shots of that location as well as the nighttime shots...like a day in the life of Gypsy M in Lisbon. Beautiful architecture (like in take a bow...with her running and putting her hands against the wall...)something rustic and sexy, mature and yet edgy. I think she will deliver musically though 

Yes, Yes, Yes! on all counts. Can not wait!

5 hours ago, systemvalues said:

What does the girl say in the clip? Is it portuguese?

The two female voices in the beginning? Yes, it is Portuguese; they say:

- Is there image down there/below?
- No.