Madonna - new album coming soon. Queen teases on Insta

The obsession on here with her having dark hair is manic and hilarious :rotfl:

I'm here for it too... until it happens and then we get the threads moaning that she is actually better as a blond, especially at her age - less harsh, less ageing, and that she now looks like any old Italian woman, etc. Then cue the essays saying it was only when she went blond she made it and became a superstar, and that she should go back to her roots.

I'm in love with the dark hair.....like someone else mentioned, it looks like a brunette Breathless Mahoney. She looks just as beautiful as she always did with dark hair. As much as I love it, not sure I'd want her to be brunette on a tour.....the blonde really makes her "pop" on stage against the other people. I feel like brunette would make her blend in more.....I could be completely and utterly wrong too, just seems like blonde works better on stage.

1 hour ago, trickyricky said:

love this 

7E5AFEBC-CA95-40D0-B0C0-2119EDF15F0F.png

WOW!  Would be a perfect cover.  Maybe a little less Disney-esque sparkle in "Magic" but otherwise perfect.

Madonna at San Remo?!

Okay, so apparently on Italian television this afternoon there was a teaser that a singer with an Italian background who has sold millions of albums will be performing at this year's San Remo festival. The San Remo festival will be held from february 5th to the 9th. Madonna's name has of course been connected to San Remo in the past with two previous performances. BUT, it could also be clickbaiting by the organisers and reffering to Gaga or Arianna Grande instead. Grande has an album coming out soon and Gaga will be performing two shows in Sweden in mid February. So don't get toooooo excited, but keep an eye out for news...

15 minutes ago, robster said:

Madonna at San Remo?!

Okay, so apparently on Italian television this afternoon there was a teaser that a singer with an Italian background who has sold millions of albums will be performing at this year's San Remo festival. The San Remo festival will be held from february 5th to the 9th. Madonna's name has of course been connected to San Remo in the past with two previous performances. BUT, it could also be clickbaiting by the organisers and reffering to Gaga or Arianna Grande instead. Grande has an album coming out soon and Gaga will be performing two shows in Sweden in mid February. So don't get toooooo excited, but keep an eye out for news...

probably star is borne.

6 hours ago, Paul said:

would love it, but she'll probably change it back to blonde just before the tour starts!!!! 

what's the longest she's ever stayed dark? LAP, ROL, AL - back to blonde by the second single.

She wanted to be brunette for a longer time for LAP, but Dick Tracy changed everything. I can't imagine, though, Express Yourself with dark hair!!!! 

For American Life, maybe she went blonde again as damage control? 

36 minutes ago, robster said:

Madonna at San Remo?!

oooooohhhhhh I think it will be Grande but we can always dream!!!!! I didn't know Ariana Grande had Italian background, I was so sure she came from Latin roots! 

42 minutes ago, robster said:

Madonna at San Remo?!

It could be Madonna because of the rumors about announce the tour dates in February

46 minutes ago, robster said:

Madonna a San Remo ?!

D'accordo, così apparentemente in televisione questo pomeriggio c'è stato un teaser che un cantante con un background italiano che ha venduto milioni di album si esibirà quest'anno al festival di San Remo. Il festival di Sanremo si terrà dal 5 al 9 febbraio. Il nome di Madonna è stato ovviamente collegato a San Remo in passato con due spettacoli precedenti. MA, potrebbe anche essere clickbaiting da parte degli organizzatori e reffering invece su Gaga o Arianna Grande. Grande ha un album che uscirà presto e Gaga presenterà due spettacoli in Svezia a metà febbraio. Quindi non essere troppo eccitato, ma tieni d'occhio le notizie ...

Arianna Grande, she's confirmed

1 hour ago, robster said:

who has sold millions of albums

Albums or streaming equivalent albums? 🤣

I know it’s a little off-topic, but I was just reading an interview with someone from BMG and the way they’ve planned the release strategy for Dido’s upcoming album seems really sensible. Couldn’t help but wonder if Interscope will do a less shitty job this time around... And it also made me wonder if the lack of a proper record company might’ve jeopardized Madonna’s career in any way. Here’s part of the interview:

"And Norbury stresses that Still On My Mind is very much a worldwide concern. “For BMG, this is probably our moment to really have a huge international success,” he declares. “There isn’t a country in the world where Dido doesn’t have a big previous sales history so we have a lot of work to do. We will be launching simultaneously in continental Europe, the UK and the US – there is a lot of US activity being planned.

The campaign is going to run for 18 months so we have plans to take us all the way through to spring/early summer 2020. We want to achieve the most success possible, but the most important thing is that we have longevity. We don’t want a week one record, we don’t want a record that burns bright and then disappears, we want a record that’s going to sell throughout. Do we want a No.1 album? We’d love a No.1 album. Internationally, we think this is going to be our biggest album of this year.

“Of course we want it to be massively successful, but I want us to have a good time doing it,” adds Logan. “It’s going to be hard work and it will take time, but she’s made a fantastic album that I think is going to cut through. She has made a record that sounds like a Dido 2019 record. It’s contemporary but without chasing a trend. It’s going to be an exciting year.”

15 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I know it’s a little off-topic, but I was just reading an interview with someone from BMG and the way they’ve planned the release strategy for Dido’s upcoming album seems really sensible. Couldn’t help but wonder if Interscope will do a less shitty job this time around... And it also made me wonder if the lack of a proper record company might’ve jeopardized Madonna’s career in any way. Here’s part of the interview:

"And Norbury stresses that Still On My Mind is very much a worldwide concern. “For BMG, this is probably our moment to really have a huge international success,” he declares. “There isn’t a country in the world where Dido doesn’t have a big previous sales history so we have a lot of work to do. We will be launching simultaneously in continental Europe, the UK and the US – there is a lot of US activity being planned.

The campaign is going to run for 18 months so we have plans to take us all the way through to spring/early summer 2020. We want to achieve the most success possible, but the most important thing is that we have longevity. We don’t want a week one record, we don’t want a record that burns bright and then disappears, we want a record that’s going to sell throughout. Do we want a No.1 album? We’d love a No.1 album. Internationally, we think this is going to be our biggest album of this year.

“Of course we want it to be massively successful, but I want us to have a good time doing it,” adds Logan. “It’s going to be hard work and it will take time, but she’s made a fantastic album that I think is going to cut through. She has made a record that sounds like a Dido 2019 record. It’s contemporary but without chasing a trend. It’s going to be an exciting year.”

BMG really did a great campaign for Kylie's Golden. Those campaigns are not that long as they explain, though, they include there all kind of low-key releases after the main singles, the tour, etc. But they really marketed very, very well Kylie. They did very well too with Texas or Rick Astley too. In Kylie's case, they did some kind of agreement and they divided in half the costs and the benefit (not exactly like that, but something in this line), so Kylie could decide, invest and had final says.

They have such big artists signed, I wouldn't mind Madonna being there, to be quite honest.