Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

53 minutes ago, Nikki said:

aside from the Israeli thing, the million price tag to have her is also being thrown around in a shady way. im already noticing some critical comments on the radio "we hear a rich canadian-israeli wants to pay for the phenomenal (not artist, not singer?) madonna.. but she better not participate.. cuz if she doesn't win.. that would be so embarrassing.." and comments alluding to being a sellout.. on the other hand.. if the performance is absolutely amazing it could finally turn the tide and it would be a nice chance to get people to take her seriously as an artist again.. if the performance is otherworldly and one of the best in her career to prove the haters wrong, im all for it. if it's a standard M performance im not really into it. 

I hate to sound cunty but do you even know what the word "phenomenal" actually means? Seriously you are pissing me off. 

18 minutes ago, micco said:

I don't know if this was a comment on my comment, but just to clarify, if the sign of the times is that discussions in general tend to get polarized and black and white that was exactly my point. 

Sadly it is about a myriad of comments from many users.

16 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It's annoying how most discussions in this board are nowadays about some kind of victimisation about Madonna. Always poor Madonna, always freting that she will get bad comments. It is a sign of the times, I guess, just some years ago nobody was gloating on victimism or poor poor boo boo. I'm sick and tired and, frankly, disgusted. 

:clap:

So so sick of her being expected to walk on egg shells for literally EVERY. LITTLE. THING. SHE. SAYS. OR. DOES. IT'S. FUCKING. TIRED. AT. THIS. POINT!!!!!! 

Call me insensitive or out of tune with the times or whatever, I don't really care but I hope if any "(fake) outrage" arises over her performing in Israel for a TELEVISION SHOW (not HER tour) Madonna will impolitely tell these people where to shove their "(fake) concerns". If she bows out of this performance (as if) due to said "(fake) outrage" then I hope she just cancels whatever other tour plans or promo she has scheduled. Why? Because FUCKED UP SHIT happens in EVERY country. Injustices happen in EVERY COUNTRY. So, where do we draw the line?? Shall she be sent an "approved" list of places she is "allowed" to perform in?? So sick of this PC bullshit. 🖕 

6 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I hate to sound cunty but do you even know what the word "phenomenal" actually means? Seriously you are pissing me off. 

phenomenon.. damn autocorrect. anyway, it was the whole tone of it, including just having to say she better not perform for any country cuz she would probably lose, totally insinuating she wouldn't stand a chance. never mind.

21 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

So so sick of her being expected to walk on egg shells for literally EVERY. LITTLE. THING. SHE. SAYS. OR. DOES. IT'S. FUCKING. TIRED. AT. THIS. POINT!!!!!! 

Call me insensitive or out of tune with the times or whatever, I don't really care but I hope if any "(fake) outrage" arises over her performing in Israel for a TELEVISION SHOW (not HER tour) Madonna will impolitely tell these people where to shove their "(fake) concerns". If she bows out of this performance (as if) due to said "(fake) outrage" then I hope she just cancels whatever other tour plans or promo she has scheduled. Why? Because FUCKED UP SHIT happens in EVERY country. Injustices happen in EVERY COUNTRY. So, where do we draw the line?? Shall she be sent an "approved" list of places she is "allowed" to perform in?? So sick of this PC bullshit. 🖕 

Exactly.

Israel has been the host of the contest serveral times (last time, when a TRANSEXUAL won) and there's never been any problem. 

BTW, let's remember the wonderful Dana International!!!!

Protesting something while attending it does not necessarily contradict each other. For example, you can take a knee and play football to protest the injustice and racism that you as an African American have to deal with in the USA. Why shouldn't she be able to do both if she attended the ESC this year? Just saying. 

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Thank You!  :clap: 

We need this post in every thread btw...

18 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Yep! The SJW mob is obnoxiously LOUD. Just look at the absurd reaction to Maroon 5’s Super Bowl Halftime Show. It was completely blown out of proportion. Sure, it was rather uneventful but everyone and their mothers had already planned on ripping them to shreds. People who only feel validated through fake outrage need to seriously get over themselves. It’s a great thing that in a world that’s overpopulated by people like Gaga who falsely project victimhood for brownie points, you choose to conduct yourself with tough skin like Madonna. Bravo, my friend! 👏🏼

6 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Right on Kurt. How anyone could complain or be outraged  about Madonna performing anywhere she wants is hard for me to understand. 

2 hours ago, Starman said:

She can have palestinas and israelli choir/dancer

That would be awesome. I'd love to see them all dance for peace. 

8 hours ago, Nikki said:

aside from the Israeli thing, the million price tag to have her is also being thrown around in a shady way. im already noticing some critical comments on the radio "we hear a rich canadian-israeli wants to pay for the phenomenal (not artist, not singer?) madonna.. but she better not participate.. cuz if she doesn't win.. that would be so embarrassing.." and comments alluding to being a sellout.. on the other hand.. if the performance is absolutely amazing it could finally turn the tide and it would be a nice chance to get people to take her seriously as an artist again.. if the performance is otherworldly and one of the best in her career to prove the haters wrong, im all for it. if it's a standard M performance im not really into it. 

Who gives a shit about these fake outrages and backlashes when her music (old & new) will be heard by 200M people !? As long as she doesn’t completely fuck up her performance, she’s all set for a renaissance era and she should have no problem selling out her next tour (not counting the US). 

19 minutes ago, loowee said:

Who gives a shit about these fake outrages and backlashes when her music (old & new) will be heard by 200M people !? As long as she doesn’t completely fuck up her performance, she’s all set for a renaissance era and she should have no problem selling out her next tour (not counting the US). 

I just remember similar sentiments being echoed prior to the Super Bowl. Like who cares that it’s sport, it’s huge exposure especially for the upcoming album... things didn’t really work out like that.

As I’ve said before, I don’t really care if she performs or not but if she does I hope there is a simple and effective political message behind it. Something like when she incorporated the Hebrew/Islamic tattoos on the dancers in CT for Forbidden Love.

Id be disappointed with M if she turned a blind eye to the atrocities the Israeli government commits.

Why are people worrying about the standard of her performance ?  Madonna has always been an incredible performer. She is professional, inspired and magnificent live. She excels and wows at major events. 

Also, singing both her new song and her massive hit songs too is always a great idea at huge public events. Like a Prayer, Vogue for example are universally ADORED by the GP worldwide. Absolute bona fide classic iconic songs. This will be her audience - the GP worldwide - not her die hard fans. Well known, loved classics always are greatly received by the GP.  We should be proud that her songs have not only stood the ultimate test of time, but are loved and treasured by everyone. Add the new single and this will smash everywhere. 

7 hours ago, Marco said:

. It’s a great thing that in a world that’s overpopulated by people like Gaga who falsely project victimhood for brownie points, you choose to conduct yourself with tough skin like Madonna. Bravo, my friend! 👏🏼

Absolutely. It’s getting more and more obvious what an exceptional and inspiring role model she is. Admirable! 

4 hours ago, cardiganstarlet said:

I just remember similar sentiments being echoed prior to the Super Bowl. Like who cares that it’s sport, it’s huge exposure especially for the upcoming album... things didn’t really work out like that.

LOL what? Since when didn’t it work out? Nr. 1 record and highest grossing Tour of the year? 

Are we rewriting history again? Just stop it already. 

14 hours ago, karbatal said:

Exactly.

Israel has been the host of the contest serveral times (last time, when a TRANSEXUAL won) and there's never been any problem. 

BTW, let's remember the wonderful Dana International!!!!

Pre social media though. 

Now everybody and his aunt will be on Twitter angrily sounding off about something or other!

But the people who do that wouldn't buy her music anyway so there we go.

11 hours ago, rebelheart said:

I think she'll do the new single + either Music or Hung Up which would both fit a Eurovision performance. 

Yes. HU, MUSIC or ROL would all be perfect and even HOLIDAY.

I think she hinted MUSIC on her insta..

48 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Ctw9k3vWcAAbrI0.jpg

i’m all for it.

but it’s more likely we will get music. because it makes the people come together. yeah

it would be interesting choice as it wasnt a hit

16 hours ago, Jairo said:

I'm all here for another Like a Prayer version.

giphy.gif

Me too. Like A Prayer is one of her most powerful and well known songs

It’s a fucking song contest that (although I have never had any interest in it) is absolutely huge . In the uk it’s always tied with the gays but it’s more than that people have huge parties and it’s a serious business across the world . She wouldn’t be representing anyone but herself . 

Why is everything such a fuckingdrama ?

imagine social media in 1989 

“so was at the Vma rehearsal and saw A bit of Madonna routine she has shit hair and seems to be wearing a mans suit and some butch shoes and a cheap watch. Halfway  through she had a hand spasm or it could have been a routine . I’m worried about tonight”