Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

3 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I'd love this, also Music (since music is what Eurovision is all about and it brings the people together) , and one new song! But I'm not picky as she always seems to pick what's perfect each time. Can't wait. 

its not even confirmed yet lol she prob wont do it 

5 minutes ago, runa said:

Anyone saying no to LAP should be banned permanently 

she needs to do songs that will compliment her new song like la isla bonita and whos that girl and the  fan favourite classic spanish lesson 

If she does do Eurovision I wouldn’t mind if she did lap or vogue along with a new song, we all might have seen her sing them live quite a few times but I doubt most of the 200+ million viewers have plus they are both amazing Madonna classics. 😀

19 minutes ago, runa said:

Anyone saying no to LAP should be banned permanently 

IKR? 

LAP is the quintessential Madonna song. It is perfect for Eurovision and deserves to be heard by 200M people in 2019. 

But knowing how useless her team has been since 2012, watch her not perform on Eurovision at all. :nocomment:

3 hours ago, loowee said:

LAP is Madonna’s all-time best song (according to most critics and MANY fans) and this year is its 30th birthday! It needs no rest! Holiday is also a good idea but it’s definitely not a better choice than LAP as a closer! Papa Don’t Preach’s message is too specific for such a universal stage, just like we all know she ain’t performing LAV even when it’s one of her biggest classics. 

Don’t bother loowee. As usual dollhouse is trolling. 

37 minutes ago, MLVC82 said:

At the time….they PAID HER to do it…then they changed the rules..once they saw how much she got out of it.

Nope. They paid for the stage and the extras and costumes etc but she did not get any paycheck for her performance. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2012/02/03/why-madonna-isnt-getting-paid-for-her-super-bowl-halftime-gig/

I can see the backlash coming - Israel hosting this is in some circuits controversial. And in Britian, for instance, a public letter was written by prominent celebrities that wanted a boycott of the event.

2 hours ago, loowee said:

IKR? 

LAP is the quintessential Madonna song. It is perfect for Eurovision and deserves to be heard by 200M people in 2019. 

But knowing how useless her team has been since 2012, watch her not perform on Eurovision at all. :nocomment:

This is probably the case. We have had rumors like this before and nothing comes of it. 

50 minutes ago, micco said:

I can see the backlash coming - Israel hosting this is in some circuits controversial. And in Britian, for instance, a public letter was written by prominent celebrities that wanted a boycott of the event.

aside from the Israeli thing, the million price tag to have her is also being thrown around in a shady way. im already noticing some critical comments on the radio "we hear a rich canadian-israeli wants to pay for the phenomenal (not artist, not singer?) madonna.. but she better not participate.. cuz if she doesn't win.. that would be so embarrassing.." and comments alluding to being a sellout.. on the other hand.. if the performance is absolutely amazing it could finally turn the tide and it would be a nice chance to get people to take her seriously as an artist again.. if the performance is otherworldly and one of the best in her career to prove the haters wrong, im all for it. if it's a standard M performance im not really into it. 

She shouldn't sing a classic. She should go for the super new hit.

But if there are two songs, and one of them is a classic (with Madonna you never know, she very easily can sing Can't Help Falling In Love with David Banda and think it is a good idea), it will be Like a Prayer because she's in HOLY LAND AND SHE WILL ASK FOR PEACE!!! 

28 minutes ago, Nikki said:

aside from the Israeli thing, the million price tag to have her is also being thrown around in a shady way. im already noticing some critical comments on the radio "we hear a rich canadian-israeli wants to pay for the phenomenal (not artist, not singer?) madonna.. but she better not participate.. cuz if she doesn't win.. that would be so embarrassing.." and comments alluding to being a sellout.. on the other hand.. if the performance is absolutely amazing it could finally turn the tide and it would be a nice chance to get people to take her seriously as an artist again.. if the performance is otherworldly and one of the best in her career to prove the haters wrong, im all for it. if it's a standard M performance im not really into it. 

I think the israeli issue will be much more controversial. There are examples of artists pulling out of events in Israel, Lana del Rey is one example (she was booked and ready), because of the politics surrounding the country. 

But if she does it I'm sure the eurovision community will praise her, but unfortunately this will drown in the comments from people not engaged in the event.

37 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Phenomenal is a very positive adjective. 

Ok, can moderators please pin the message in the main board that says that Eurovision has no problem with the country where it is being held, as it is not the Olympics and there has never been any problem and it could have been perfectly Russia and nobody would boycott anything???

1 hour ago, micco said:

thank u, next

It's annoying how most discussions in this board are nowadays about some kind of victimisation about Madonna. Always poor Madonna, always freting that she will get bad comments. It is a sign of the times, I guess, just some years ago nobody was gloating on victimism or poor poor boo boo. I'm sick and tired and, frankly, disgusted. 

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It's annoying how most discussions in this board are nowadays about some kind of victimisation about Madonna. Always poor Madonna, always freting that she will get bad comments. It is a sign of the times, I guess, just some years ago nobody was gloating on victimism or poor poor boo boo. I'm sick and tired and, frankly, disgusted. 

I don't know if this was a comment on my comment, but just to clarify, if the sign of the times is that discussions in general tend to get polarized and black and white that was exactly my point. 

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

She should come out n do a haunting stage performance of FROZEN followed by the new song

This would be great! Shes no one-hit wonder.

And when was the last time she performed Frozen or Ray of Light?