Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

8 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Yeah I know. But I was wondering why they need to even pay people to perform, M is the one who wants the promo spot. People will watch the show regardless. 

'Cause bitch, she's Madonna.

5 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I never understand who how they work out who pays who for these performances. Eurovision need a big star to gain rating and she needs a platform gain exposure for her new music. 

Eurovision doesn't need a big star, as its ratings are sky-high. 

17 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Yeah I know. But I was wondering why they need to even pay people to perform, M is the one who wants the promo spot. People will watch the show regardless. 

That's where the philanthropist comes to the picture. Maybe Israel told her that any money was out of the question. 

2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

As someone stated here (sorry if I don't remember the name of the member), maybe the money is for the production of the performance and, as Madonna herself said, when she signed with Interscope, these numbers are good on newspapers. 🙂

Given what I've heard about the size of the viewing audience for Eurovision, I think this idea is a brilliant marketing move from Madonna's team. I'm very excited to see how she decides to present herself in this kind of setting. It seems like she would be encouraged to think big and so I'm curious if we'll see some bold choices in costumes, choreography and attitude.

It does make me wonder what she'll do in the U.S. for promotion, as a Eurovision appearance will not sell records or concert tickets here.

2 hours ago, loowee said:

Oh of course I know she's also targeting the entire mass with ESC, but I feel like this era could be the perfect opportunity to secure back her very core audience who still buys her music, that is gay men of different generations, many of whom have jumped ship after 2008. 

World Pride Ambassador/Headliner, the prestigious GLAAD award, Eurovision performance, the alleged "disco" track etc. 

The stars are aligning. 

is the world pride confirmed? what about her batukaders?

7 hours ago, systemvalues said:

As someone stated here (sorry if I don't remember the name of the member), maybe the money is for the production of the performance and, as Madonna herself said, when she signed with Interscope, these numbers are good on newspapers. 🙂

But she’ll make over a million off the back of just showing up for one performance. It’s worth more to her than Eurovision, that’s why I don’t get the pay out?? and the story of that guy trying to raise fund to make her perform. 

56 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

But she’ll make over a million off the back of just showing up for one performance. It’s worth more to her than Eurovision, that’s why I don’t get the pay out?? and the story of that guy trying to raise fund to make her perform. 

Because Madonna is the biggest selling female singer EVER and has a world wide reach. Her being the guest performer adds to Eurovision. They would love having superstars as guest performers and Madonna is a superstar, icon and legend. Plus she is the only true pop solo superstar/icon left in the world.  Easy to see why they would love to have her perform. 

17 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Because Madonna is the biggest selling female singer EVER and has a world wide reach. Her being the guest performer adds to Eurovision. They would love having superstars as guest performers and Madonna is a superstar, icon and legend. Plus she is the only true pop solo superstar/icon left in the world.  Easy to see why they would love to have her perform. 

😍

31 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Pretty much this. 

24 minutes ago, loowee said:

Intro: Hung Up 

Magic 

La Isla Bonita 

Finale: Like A Prayer 

Reclaim the world M!

LAP again? Why not Papa Dont Preach or Holiday?

7 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

LAP again? Why not Papa Dont Preach or Holiday?

It’s Madonna’s most universal song and deserves to be performed at any chance. Eurovision could help it become an even bigger classic!

1 minute ago, loowee said:

It’s Madonna’s most universal song and deserves to be performed at any chance. Eurovision could help it become an even bigger classic!

No. She has TONS of other classics just as deserving if not more

Give LAP a rest.

55 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

No. She has TONS of other classics just as deserving if not more

Give LAP a rest.

LAP is Madonna’s all-time best song (according to most critics and MANY fans) and this year is its 30th birthday! It needs no rest! Holiday is also a good idea but it’s definitely not a better choice than LAP as a closer! Papa Don’t Preach’s message is too specific for such a universal stage, just like we all know she ain’t performing LAV even when it’s one of her biggest classics. 

2 hours ago, trickyricky said:

la isla bonita with a new fado style would be great i think and i do think she will do this 

I'd love this, also Music (since music is what Eurovision is all about and it brings the people together) , and one new song! But I'm not picky as she always seems to pick what's perfect each time. Can't wait.