Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

2 minutes ago, veroelectronica said:

Eurovison  has  zero  influence in  asia over  here. Im  sure  she  will  do  more  promo.

it will, after and IF she does it.

Reports have been swirling for the past two weeks that international superstar Madonna is set to perform at the this year.

On Sunday, Ynet reported that the “Material Girl” singer is poised to sign a contract for more than a million dollars to appear at the 2019 Eurovision. The bill, said Ynet, will be footed by Canadian-Israeli billionaire Sylvan Adams, who was responsible for bringing the Giro d’Italia international bicycle race to Israel last year. KAN, the Israeli public broadcaster which is organizing the competition, would not comment on the reports.

“Currently, we are formulating the artistic performances for the 2019 Eurovision,” a spokeswoman for the network said. “When the time comes, we will publish the list of the artists taking part.”

Daniel Benaim, an Israeli businessman who partnered with Adams on the , told Army Radio on Sunday that the deal with Madonna is progressing.

“I can happily say that there is a green light from the philanthropist Sylvan Adams,” Benaim said Sunday morning. “We’re currently – together with Madonna’s people and with officials from KAN – sitting and working out the details, and everything looks good and positive, and is advancing.”

Madonna has visited and performed in Israel several times in the past, most recently in 2012.

Bringing a global superstar of Madonna’s stature to the Eurovision is rare but not unprecedented. performed during the interval at the finale of the 2016 Eurovision in Stockholm. At the time, Eurovision organizers said that Timberlake’s performance – by a “non-contestant global superstar,” was a historical first for the song contest.

While Adams seems to be ready to sign the check for Madonna to perform, it might not be that straightforward.

KAN, which is funded by the Israeli government, is the body overseeing and producing the 2019 Eurovision. Last year, KAN held a much publicized battle with the government over the funding of the competition. That standoff ended in November with an agreement for KAN to accept a NIS 70 million loan from the government to fund the contest, and to use an additional NIS 50 million from its annual budget. The 2019 KAN budget currently stands at NIS 662 million.

The 44-page public broadcasting law, passed in 2014, sets out in great detail the network’s budget, and allows for limited externally-funded commercials. The issue of an external body or individual donating a large sum of money does not appear to be addressed in the law.

A spokeswoman for KAN told The Jerusalem Post that the legal issue of external funding “is currently under investigation. If it becomes relevant, we will operate according to the rules.”

https://madonnaunderground.com/more-details-on-madonnas-planned-eurovision-performance/

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

She’ll tour America  but as a punishment to the USA for Trump she will focus more on South America; and the USA dates will be focused on the coasts a la Girlie Show.

mark my words 

Maybe she'll do only key cities like New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas

Tonight is the voting for the U.K. contender and the gorgeous Mons from Sweden is presenting

we will lose anyway lol

the country that dominates the worldwide music scene cannot produce a winner 🙁 maybe because we never took it seriously or not seriously since the last 30 years

the votes are s political anyways

may Madonna win!

On 2/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, Msig said:

Some years, the interval acts are announced several months ahead of the shows - other times, they're announced only a week before.

Thanks for the info!

So basically, it's very likely we'll have to put another #soon on our list :laugh::sneaky:

10 hours ago, veroelectronica said:

Eurovison  has  zero  influence in  asia over  here. Im  sure  she  will  do  more  promo.

She'll turn the Eurovision performance into a worldwide phenomenon. Also, a lot of Asian markets basically follow what's popular in Europe (mostly the UK), so if M can get some momentum in EU, Asia will catch up. But it's not like she needs any extra push for Asia, we all love and respect her and she should have no problem selling out arenas in any Asian country. 

8 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Reports have been swirling for the past two weeks that international superstar Madonna is set to perform at the this year.

On Sunday, Ynet reported that the “Material Girl” singer is poised to sign a contract for more than a million dollars to appear at the 2019 Eurovision. The bill, said Ynet, will be footed by Canadian-Israeli billionaire Sylvan Adams, who was responsible for bringing the Giro d’Italia international bicycle race to Israel last year. KAN, the Israeli public broadcaster which is organizing the competition, would not comment on the reports.

“Currently, we are formulating the artistic performances for the 2019 Eurovision,” a spokeswoman for the network said. “When the time comes, we will publish the list of the artists taking part.”

Daniel Benaim, an Israeli businessman who partnered with Adams on the , told Army Radio on Sunday that the deal with Madonna is progressing.

“I can happily say that there is a green light from the philanthropist Sylvan Adams,” Benaim said Sunday morning. “We’re currently – together with Madonna’s people and with officials from KAN – sitting and working out the details, and everything looks good and positive, and is advancing.”

Madonna has visited and performed in Israel several times in the past, most recently in 2012.

Bringing a global superstar of Madonna’s stature to the Eurovision is rare but not unprecedented. performed during the interval at the finale of the 2016 Eurovision in Stockholm. At the time, Eurovision organizers said that Timberlake’s performance – by a “non-contestant global superstar,” was a historical first for the song contest.

While Adams seems to be ready to sign the check for Madonna to perform, it might not be that straightforward.

KAN, which is funded by the Israeli government, is the body overseeing and producing the 2019 Eurovision. Last year, KAN held a much publicized battle with the government over the funding of the competition. That standoff ended in November with an agreement for KAN to accept a NIS 70 million loan from the government to fund the contest, and to use an additional NIS 50 million from its annual budget. The 2019 KAN budget currently stands at NIS 662 million.

The 44-page public broadcasting law, passed in 2014, sets out in great detail the network’s budget, and allows for limited externally-funded commercials. The issue of an external body or individual donating a large sum of money does not appear to be addressed in the law.

A spokeswoman for KAN told The Jerusalem Post that the legal issue of external funding “is currently under investigation. If it becomes relevant, we will operate according to the rules.”

https://madonnaunderground.com/more-details-on-madonnas-planned-eurovision-performance/

I hope this million dollar deal or whatever that is includes an extended runtime for M's performance. Timberlake only got 6 minutes and I think M needs at least 10. Two oldies and one new single performed in full. 

On 2/7/2019 at 11:11 PM, loowee said:

Which will obviously not be the case for the next tour. She has completely alienated the right wing of the country and it’s not like RHT was selling exceptionally well in liberal major cities either. The US market has never been so hiphop-centric before so her charting power is only going to further diminish there. 4 minutes couldn’t even reach top 10 on US radio ffs and we all know HC was an attempt to revive her US power, and it didn’t happen. 

There’s just no point in focusing on the US anymore because we all know she still has some potential (as a current pop artist, not some veteran touring act) left in EU/SA, and even Asia/Oz. If she can deliver an amazing lead single and kill that Eurovision performance, that will definitely give M’s career a big boost in terms of current popularity. 

4 Minutes hit #3 on Billboard, and it sold more than 3 million singles. (Isn’t it her biggest selling digital single to date?)

4 Minutes was popular in the US. S&S was a record-breaking tour for her. And MDNA and RHT visited quite a few long-neglected US cities — don’t recall hearing that she had any trouble selling out those dates? Perhaps they would have like to have added some second nights in some places, but I think it’s a little bit of an overstatement to say the US doesn’t appreciate her. 

Politically the country is pretty divided. Not Madonna’s fault, and artists who try to seem “neutral” get just as criticized. 

Would I like for the US to show her MORE love? Yes, of course. It’s well deserved and hard earned. Of course she doesn’t get enough credit and respect. But it’s not like any artist can maintain the kind of peak(s) she experienced over the course of her illustrious career. No artist experiences the dizzying heights of LAV, or TB, or BA era forever. As amazing as Confessions was, it certainly wasn’t like any of the former eras, either. Most artists don’t even get that once in their careers. (Read the article in the General Music Discussion about internet killing the pop song, and you can surmise that we might never see the likes of a mega-star such as Madonna again.)

madonna it´s bigger than life, too big to be loved by everybdoy and the general media. Elvis was a laughing act before he died, same with michael, I remember how a lot of gournalists thought freddy was too histrionic and over singed...once they die, they are heroes.I really prefer to have her alive, enjoying her life, than being there with the dead respected and loved artists

According to an italian newspaper, the deal is about to be signed. She asked for 1,3 million of euros, the organization of ESC has not so much money, so Sylvan Adams came into the picture to pay her. They say she will sing 2 songs and one of them is the new single. 

If the album is finished (most probable from the mixing stage pics before Christmas) then her accepting the erovision gig in May makes perfect sense to plan the whole album release around it.

The exposure will be massive for her to launch the new album. 

I was getting puzzled as to why she’s waiting months when it’s done. But this makes sense.

2 hours ago, promise to try said:

madonna it´s bigger than life, too big to be loved by everybdoy and the general media. Elvis was a laughing act before he died, same with michael, I remember how a lot of gournalists thought freddy was too histrionic and over singed...once they die, they are heroes.I really prefer to have her alive, enjoying her life, than being there with the dead respected and loved artists

So much this!

13 minutes ago, loowee said:

How does the biggest TV show on earth not have 1.3M to invite the biggest pop icon on earth to celebrate their finale? 

The television production of this year's Eurovision Song Contest has a total budget of € 28.5 million, financed mainly by the host broadcaster, with additional contributions from the other participating broadcasters, a few commercial sponsors, and ticket sales.

And some public broadcasters just don't have that much money to spend. In 2010, the Norwegian broadcasting corporation, NRK, was forced to sell the tv rights to the FIFA World Cup and postpone several major drama production in order to afford hosting the contest, even though that edition of the contest was considered a low-budget affair.

2 hours ago, systemvalues said:

According to an italian newspaper, the deal is about to be signed. She asked for 1,3 million of euros, the organization of ESC has not so much money, so Sylvan Adams came into the picture to pay her. They say she will sing 2 songs and one of them is the new single. 

Good deal for M and also a good deal for us. Win win.

I think everyones overthinking this. A good PR plan will do key magazines, key talk shows, key appearances, all sorts of key promos. Eurovision is ideal for her - massive audience, very rare does any TV show get an audience as big as this, of key, target pop fans (and mostly gay man). It will be one of many things she does in different markets. Relax. Enjoy it. She couldn't pick a much better one off promo event as this but it will be one of many high profile opportunities that they are planning as they clearly believe in this record.

30 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

I think everyones overthinking this. A good PR plan will do key magazines, key talk shows, key appearances, all sorts of key promos. Eurovision is ideal for her - massive audience, very rare does any TV show get an audience as big as this, of key, target pop fans (and mostly gay man). It will be one of many things she does in different markets. Relax. Enjoy it. She couldn't pick a much better one off promo event as this but it will be one of many high profile opportunities that they are planning as they clearly believe in this record.

This. Eurovision will be M’s biggest promo spot to date, even more so than SB. She’s snatching all the gays back with this new album. I’m dying to hear that Disco Stomper track.

4 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I never understand who how they work out who pays who for these performances. Eurovision need a big star to gain rating and she needs a platform gain exposure for her new music. 

I think esc has always had massive views even without big stars..

1 hour ago, loowee said:

This. Eurovision will be M’s biggest promo spot to date, even more so than SB. She’s snatching all the gays back with this new album. I’m dying to hear that Disco Stomper track.

in my country GB watch esc not just gays, im already gettin sich if "getting ghays back" narrative

8 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Yes. Even this is tacky show esc always have huge views with or without big stars. So ESC is perfect promo to start new era.

Just now, Royal T said:

Yes. Even this is tacky show esc always have huge views with or without big stars. So ESC is perfect promo to start new era.

yeah the fans are in it for the competition, not the half time guest number

25 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Yeah I know. But I was wondering why they need to even pay people to perform, M is the one who wants the promo spot. People will watch the show regardless. 

30 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Oh of course I know she's also targeting the entire mass with ESC, but I feel like this era could be the perfect opportunity to secure back her very core audience who still buys her music, that is gay men of different generations, many of whom have jumped ship after 2008. 

World Pride Ambassador/Headliner, the prestigious GLAAD award, Eurovision performance, the alleged "disco" track etc. 

The stars are aligning.