Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

20 hours ago, iasonas said:

The most important part is the every single person that watches Eurovision could be a potential ticket and album buyer whereas the people who watch the Superbowl don't necessarily care enough about pop stars to spend money on them.

Absolutely true. Almost all European/Israeli/Asian/Australian gays watch it. Could be great for her IF the song&the performance R fire!

I don't know about other country but in Croatia tv network that has the right to broadcasting Eurovision never show intermedial act they shoving commercial ads instead

2 hours ago, alen said:

I don't know about other country but in Croatia tv network that has the right to broadcasting Eurovision never show intermedial act they shoving commercial ads instead

Same in Greece. Commercials. But in many European countries public television is not allowed to show commercials. Like the BBC. The show is designed for no commercial breaks but some national broadcasters want to make money.

I am pretty sure though if Madonna performs they'd be forced to show it. The backlash would be big if they show commercials instead.

17 hours ago, Nonoka said:

Thanks for explaining!

Haha, that's amazing. Maybe you can come join the EU too now that Britain is leaving us :wink:

Re/ the topic - when are we supposed to get the confirmation again? How did they do this in past years? Only close to the event or do they announce it a few months earlier à la the Superbowl?

:lol:  @Nonoka   As long as Europeans don't see our bogans  as they will wonder what has hit them !  Ha ha.   Europe fascinates me because whenever I hear of anyone going to another country,  it seems such a huge deal as for Australians to visit other countries,  it means huge long flights etc.  Love that in Europe,  people can just drive to another country ! 

16 hours ago, Lolo said:

Ugh, that fake whatever accent... 2010 was one bad year full of this head ache inducing song. 

Look what she is doing now, just another Instagram skeleton a.k.a. influencer  :lmao:

482c5f7357c843a16fd78fb006fbcc69.jpg

She competed again for Germany again didn't she but was a huge flop next time around.  She is a very average singer but the Satelitte song was simple but catchy.  

6 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

If she does do Eurovision then her PR Team are definitely catering to her target audience.

Like the Super Bowl...but for the gays. 

her target audience is gays?

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

She competed again for Germany again didn't she but was a huge flop next time around.  She is a very average singer but the Satelitte song was simple but catchy.  

She still managed another top 10 position the second time around which is not that bad. Most Eurovision fans prefer her second entry to Satelitte.

5 hours ago, alen said:

That’s because it’s local acts. Watch what happens when M takes the stage. 

On 2/4/2019 at 12:16 AM, Rock said:

Based on the Sanremo Music Festival held in Italy since 1951, Eurovision has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956, making it the longest-running annual international television contest and one of the world's longest-running television programmes. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events,[8] with audience figures of between 100 million and 600 million internationally.[9][10] It has been broadcast in several countries that do not compete, such as the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and China. Since 2000, it has been broadcast online via the Eurovision website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest

@Rock Sorry for the late reply.  Just catching up on my notifications and I see you quoted me. :-) 

My point was... Eurovision is not going to give Madonna's new album/single mass exposure in the USA should this be her first promo appearance.  A few of the previous posters were concerned we would be waiting till May for new music to coincide with the Eurovision performance... I tend to believe we will get new music release sooner...and a performance of some sort on a program more widely broadcast (at least in the USA).   

To the other individuals quoting me... My comment was not a slight to Eurovision nor to the people on this forum who love & watch the contest (myself included!); still, Eurovision is just not a popular show in the US.  

As @Rock correctly mantioned, in the US you can stream it online or watch it on Logo!  Some minor stations have picked it up in the past. Last few years, it has been on Logo which contains mostly LGBTQI+ programming.  The diehard Madonna fan in the US already watch Logo and are going to watch the performance or stream anyway, the general population will miss this entirely. 

The viewing figures in the US on Logo just aren't significant  https://eurovoix.com/2018/05/16/united-states-eurovision-viewing-figures-grow-on-logo-tv/   

In Europe... It's a whole different story. The exposure from a performance on Eurovision will be a shrude and brilliant marketing move!     

Edited by Landon79411

I don't think anyone thinks this will cover the US. she'll do plenty of appearances there but this ticks a massive promotion box very easily.

And the hype around it will mean she'll get plenty of YouTube views in the US!

5 hours ago, Landon79411 said:

@Rock Sorry for the late reply.  Just catching up on my notifications and I see you quoted me. 🙂

My point was... Eurovision is not going to give Madonna's new album/single mass exposure in the USA should this be her first promo appearance.  A few of the previous posters were concerned we would be waiting till May for new music to coincide with the Eurovision performance... I tend to believe we will get new music release sooner...and a performance of some sort on a program more widely broadcast (at least in the USA).   

To the other individuals quoting me... My comment was not a slight to Eurovision nor to the people on this forum who love & watch the contest (myself included!); still, Eurovision is just not a popular show in the US.  

As @Rock correctly mantioned, in the US you can stream it online or watch it on Logo!  Some minor stations have picked it up in the past. Last few years, it has been on Logo which contains mostly LGBTQI+ programming.  The diehard Madonna fan in the US already watch Logo are going to watch the performance or stream anyway, the general population will miss this entirely. 

The viewing figures in the US on Logo just aren't significant  https://eurovoix.com/2018/05/16/united-states-eurovision-viewing-figures-grow-on-logo-tv/   

In Europe... It's a whole different story. The exposure from a performance on Eurovision will be a shrude and brilliant marketing move!     

She should’ve abandoned the US market a long time ago. They don’t care about her. 

47 minutes ago, loowee said:

She should’ve abandoned the US market a long time ago. They don’t care about her. 

Not at all! That hypothisis is quite simplistic.  Madonna is a revered artist & national treasure in the US.  There are many reasons for Madonna's lack of traction in the US with the last 2 albums... these reasons have been widley discussed on this forum.  She would never abandon the US market.  

If this time around, she focuses on her worldwide successes, maybe she’ll come around to America (on tour) in the end and USA will be hungry for her when they see something special that they didn’t realize they’d miss until she gets all the attention everywhere else! 

1 hour ago, loowee said:

She's an artist.. she does her thing and show it to the world.. the more people like it, the more happy she is ( along with us) 🙂

17 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

The US market don't care about her. It's just analyzing the Confessions album. It was a huge hit around the globe, and sold only 1 million on US market.

1.7 million and eligible for 2x platinum very long ago.

3 hours ago, Landon79411 said:

Not at all! That hypothisis is quite simplistic.  Madonna is a revered artist & national treasure in the US.  There are many reasons for Madonna's lack of traction in the US with the last 2 albums... these reasons have been widley discussed on this forum.  She would never abandon the US market.  

Since the last two albums? Sweetie your country has been paying her dust after Die Another Day. She should just do a few tour stops in major US cities and focus on EU/SA/Asia where people actually cherish her.

2 hours ago, Starman said:

The US is responsible for half of her tour earnings.... 

Which will obviously not be the case for the next tour. She has completely alienated the right wing of the country and it’s not like RHT was selling exceptionally well in liberal major cities either. The US market has never been so hiphop-centric before so her charting power is only going to further diminish there. 4 minutes couldn’t even reach top 10 on US radio ffs and we all know HC was an attempt to revive her US power, and it didn’t happen. 

There’s just no point in focusing on the US anymore because we all know she still has some potential (as a current pop artist, not some veteran touring act) left in EU/SA, and even Asia/Oz. If she can deliver an amazing lead single and kill that Eurovision performance, that will definitely give M’s career a big boost in terms of current popularity. 

43 minutes ago, loowee said:

Which will obviously not be the case for the next tour. She has completely alienated the right wing of the country and it’s not like RHT was selling exceptionally well in liberal major cities either. The US market has never been so hiphop-centric before so her charting power is only going to further diminish there. 4 minutes couldn’t even reach top 10 on US radio ffs and we all know HC was an attempt to revive her US power, and it didn’t happen. 

There’s just no point in focusing on the US anymore because we all know she still has some potential (as a current pop artist, not some veteran touring act) left in EU/SA, and even Asia/Oz. If she can deliver an amazing lead single and kill that Eurovision performance, that will definitely give M’s career a big boost in terms of current popularity. 

Wrong. Im sorry she was never a right wing favorite so those people wouldnt go see Madonna anyway, and the ones who would have seen her in past tours.

RH wasnt selling as well as other tours (due to her own late starts and all stuff we already discussed) but still was almost half of the total grossing and where LN has the most power and has contracts with arenas , making the operation much easier instead of dealing with a promoter. Also the fact that the stage can travel by truck instead of planes, theres a lot of logistic advantages that touring the US has. + the fact that she charges per seat and is able to do those vip packages.

In terms for charts I agree but her objective is to sell the tour always. So people need to see her in their homes again.

Madonna is American . Of course she will not abandon promoting her music in the USA and her concerts still make millions in the USA. She has always been  a superstar in America and her name seems to be brought up with raves a lot on American talk shows and American  tv series. 

Of course she should also concentrate promotion on Europe, South America, Asia and Australia but never give up on promoting in America as well. Her new PR firm can help her too. Madonna is a global superstar and the USA is a main component of her popularity. Love to see her promoting a EVERYWHERE 

9 hours ago, elijah said:

That inking has been taking a century. Did she or didn’t she ink that contract? Will they tell us?

My take on it is that we definitely would know by know if they DIDN'T come to an agreement and the contract is off. So either she did or it hasn’t happened yet. 

14 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

The US market don't care about her. It's just analyzing the Confessions album. It was a huge hit around the globe, and sold only 1 million on US market.

The usa market prfers more adult madonna ballads and folk rock

12 hours ago, loowee said:

the problem in europe is her current deal with interscope whi sucks

On 2/6/2019 at 10:06 PM, dollhouse said:

her target audience is gays?

The one thing that I am blown away by at Madonna's concerts is the diversity of the audience.  

Young... old... gay... straight... all races...  all religions... all genders... all sexes...  celebrities... non-celebrities...  all nationalities... moms and dads...  kids... There is a huge spectrum.  We gays are just the targets for the high dollar seats.  Haha

1 hour ago, sul8323 said:

The one thing that I am blown away by at Madonna's concerts is the diversity of the audience.  

Young... old... gay... straight... all races...  all religions... all genders... all sexes...  celebrities... non-celebrities...  all nationalities... moms and dads...  kids... There is a huge spectrum.  We gays are just the targets for the high dollar seats.  Haha

im always stunned that shes labelled as artist for gays. especislly in the usa.

She’ll tour America  but as a punishment to the USA for Trump she will focus more on South America; and the USA dates will be focused on the coasts a la Girlie Show.

mark my words