Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

1 hour ago, Landon79411 said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves in thinking we won’t get new music till May... Eurovision is not broadcast worldwide. I doubt Madonna would use the event to launch the Album worldwide and especially not for US markets. If the report is accurate the performance would be part of her Europe promo... she could even announce European tour dates at this event. I still have faith we’ll get a new single sooner. 🤞 

She launched MDNA in an event for a sport that most countries don't care for.

18 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

......before M performed I’d never heard of The Super Bowl Haltime Show 😬 but since she performed it seems to be “a thing” that gets reported on in Europe. 

It was a thing pre-Janet Justin nipple hate, then it became tame and no one cared. Since M brought back the star power of it, it’s a thing again and yet no one has topped it to her level

1 hour ago, Landon79411 said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves in thinking we won’t get new music till May... Eurovision is not broadcast worldwide. I doubt Madonna would use the event to launch the Album worldwide and especially not for US markets. If the report is accurate the performance would be part of her Europe promo... she could even announce European tour dates at this event. I still have faith we’ll get a new single sooner. 🤞 

Based on the Sanremo Music Festival held in Italy since 1951, Eurovision has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956, making it the longest-running annual international television contest and one of the world's longest-running television programmes. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events,[8] with audience figures of between 100 million and 600 million internationally.[9][10] It has been broadcast in several countries that do not compete, such as the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and China. Since 2000, it has been broadcast online via the Eurovision website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest

Everyone in America knows what Eurovision is if they go on the Internet. We don’t watch it, but we hear about it. If there was a viral moment, it would register with everyone online for at least a 12 hour news cycle. That’s massive in this retarded era of integrated numbskull attention spans. 

3 minutes ago, Rock said:

Based on the Sanremo Music Festival held in Italy since 1951, Eurovision has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956, making it the longest-running annual international television contest and one of the world's longest-running television programmes. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events,[8] with audience figures of between 100 million and 600 million internationally.[9][10] It has been broadcast in several countries that do not compete, such as the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and China. Since 2000, it has been broadcast online via the Eurovision website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest

No one in America has even heard about it. It made a bit of press with the last winner but it’s not on any cable network or basic channel. 

3 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

Everyone in America knows what Eurovision is if they go on the Internet. We don’t watch it, but we hear about it. If there was a viral moment, it would register with everyone online for at least a 12 hour news cycle. That’s massive in this retarded era of integrated numbskull attention spans. 

But who?? Only people who care. General public has no idea what Eurovision is. I travel a lot throughout the states and every time I bring up Eurovision, literally NO ONE knows what it is. 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

No one in America has even heard about it. It made a bit of press with the last winner but it’s not on any cable network or basic channel. 

Viacom’s Logo TV broadcasted the last ones:

https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/3/11575976/eurovision-logo-tv-us-streaming
https://deadline.com/2017/04/eurovision-song-contest-2017-us-logo-1202078444/
https://escxtra.com/2017/09/01/u-s-s-logo-tv-broadcast-eurovision-2018/

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Enjoy.

I was just going to post the exact same video :laugh:

But let's just say there are MANY exhibits why Eurovision isn't exactly the pinnacle of high art...

BUT this is a huge part of the appeal and in between those crazy songs, you do have some really strong acts putting on great performances and presenting very good songs. IMO this, for example, is still an outstanding performance:

And of course...ABBA!

2 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

I know of Eurovision because of this performance

The churning part was everywhere on social media for a while in Mexico...

OMG, we have a lot of poor quality/tacky programs in US as well, but OMG the links you guys have posted here are... no words.

Who cares about it being cheesy and nothing in the U.S. This is very easy promo for Europe which will pack a heavy and far reaching punch there. The total audience for it in Europe is ridiculously massive and about double what the Super Bowl generates in the U.S. When she comes on to perform her set with her high production values it will really stand out. Like the Super Bowl it will educate the European general public who have been oblivious to her musician power for years and remind casual and lost fans about what she is capable of as a performer. She got universal acclaim in the U.S. for the Super Bowl and it helped her easily sell out stadiums with expensive priced tickets all over the U.S. 

4 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

I was just going to post the exact same video :laugh:

But let's just say there are MANY exhibits why Eurovision isn't exactly the pinnacle of high art...

BUT this is a huge part of the appeal and in between those crazy songs, you do have some really strong acts putting on great performances and presenting very good songs. IMO this, for example, is still an outstanding performance:

And of course...ABBA!

Euphoria is amazing, both song and performance

4 minutes ago, Magician said:

Who cares about it being cheesy and nothing in the U.S. This is very easy promo for Europe which will pack a heavy and far reaching punch there. The total audience for it in Europe is ridiculously massive and about double what the Super Bowl generates in the U.S. When she comes on to perform her set with her high production values it will really stand out. Like the Super Bowl it will educate the European general public who have been oblivious to her musician power for years and remind casual and lost fans about what she is capable of as a performer. She got universal acclaim in the U.S. for the Super Bowl and it helped her easily sell out stadiums with expensive priced tickets all over the U.S. 

I agree. 

11 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

I know of Eurovision because of this performance

The churning part was everywhere on social media for a while in Mexico...

A5stEzt.gif?noredirect

1 minute ago, Magician said:

Who cares about it being cheesy. This is very easy promo for Europe which will pack a heavy and far reaching punch there. The total audience for it in Europe is ridiculously massive and about double what the Super Bowl generates in the U.S. When she comes on to perform her set with her high production values it will really stand out. Like the Super Bowl it will educate the European general public who have been oblivious to her musician power for years and remind casual fans about what she is capable of as a performer. She got universal acclaim for the Super Bowl and it made it helped her easily sell out stadiums with expensive priced tickets all over the U.S. 

:thumbsup:I sooo agree with you. She will be the talk around town in all EU countries for weeks! It will expose her to a massive audience that forgot about her or don't know her music at all.

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

It will be a mashup of Candy Shop and...this:

and/or mashup of candy shop and human nature but with “i’m not your toy” instead of “i’m not your bitch” part

#youllsee 🤗

2 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Eurovision is meant to be tacky, it’s all part of the fun. It’s high camp. I’m more up for her being on it over X-Factor.

Madonna being on Eurovision is clever marketin, regardless if some feel the contest is beneath them. EV is popular in many counties and this exposure is very good for her career. Even if the contester's songs will be shit, it is a good business move. End of.

Guest eroticerotic

The only thing I don’t like about cheesy European shows is that I feel like her image keeps being lumped together with one hit wonders, and pop acts like Kylie M . As long as they have a plan n the music transcends! 

But I’d rather see her image grouped with acts like Björk, Bowie, goldfrapp, lana del Rey, Sophie , etc. I’d  rather see the New pr go that route

You in America do not understand this, but believe me, everyone in Europe knows and will watch this competition. Europe is 1.5 billion people and there is no better platform for promoting Europe, Russia, Turkey and even Australia. sorry for my bad english

2 hours ago, trickyricky said:

i had a row with my boyfriend because he thought i was stupid saying that australia was part of the contest ....he didnt believe me 

what a silly argument .. australia doesnt exist!

32 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

The only thing I don’t like about cheesy European shows is that I feel like her image keeps being lumped together with one hit wonders, and pop acts like Kylie M . As long as they have a plan n the music transcends! 

But I’d rather see her image grouped with acts like Björk, Bowie, goldfrapp, lana del Rey, Sophie , etc. I’d  rather see the New pr go that route

I feel the same.. she's so much better than this.. unless she really makes it into a very creative and artistic performance, but I doubt it.. it'll just be entertaining like the halftime and imo that simply isn't good enough for M the ARTIST. I hope she 'll show off her talents and real artistry. I know a lot of fans here love the entertaining and fun M just as much as the more introspective and creative M, but I think it's time for a change (which hopefully the album will also help with)