Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

7 minutes ago, piedmoutet said:

After wigs ..........weather point.........we are desparate!

and grillz for sunday night ย hope very really ย soon:huh:

Weโ€™re just boredย 

16 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

and please no ass paddings

ย 

when you see the stage costumes of some participants in the Eurovision contest,ย  grillz & ass padding are pretty soft.........:wink::tongue::chuckle:

Spoiler

ย 

ย 

Edited by piedmoutet

....so this has been officially confirmed though? I hate to break the excitement because I'm as euphoric as you all, but we've been in these situations before where media reports got it wrong.ย 

If it's true, of course amazing news! It sounds cheesy but it is sort of a Madonna dream come true for me as I've been wishing her to perform there since years. It will be amazing exposure and no better opportunity to start off the new era with a bang!ย :tigger:

Just curious (in USA no one even knows what EV is) ...why is it considered cheesy?ย 

Isย it because it looks cheesy and itโ€™s just like a huge American Idol with so many different cultures that it comes across as messy ??ย 

8 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Just curious (in USA no one even knows what EV is) ...why is it considered cheesy?ย 

Isย it because it looks cheesy and itโ€™s just like a huge American Idol with so many different cultures that it comes across as messy ??ย 

I'd say it's considered cheesy because the songs, outfits and performancesย are usually camp or laughable. I think this is the reason it's got this reputation.

13 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Just my opinion: it looks cheesy because some perfomances and looks are a bit over the top..some very dark ((think about the video for Frozen, big fans, fog, etc)..some very camp ( think about a video of meghan trainor, colorful, choreos with dolls movements).

9 minutes ago, Mensch said:

43 countries participate at this years eurovision. each country selects a performer/artist to represent the country. after two semis 26 songs will be in the grand final.

the songs are mostly pop. the songs must be 3.00 minutes max. the acts are max 6 people. gays like it a lot, hetero's think its nonsense. they "complain" that it is more about the act then the song.

i like that it is about the whole package: song, backdrop, act.

It's popular political cheesy and an institution that through years of mocking is still the most watched thing on telly

ย 

ย 

ย 

It's Madonnaย 

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

It's popular political cheesy and an institution that through years of mocking is still the most watched thing on telly

ย 

ย 

ย 

It's Madonnaย 

Ahah good point ๐Ÿ™‚

25 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Enjoy.

you only have to look at last year's winner Israel to see how bad it can get. it's probably one of the most disliked videos on youtube. the worst thing is that I actually think this is true and she's postponing her single and album release just for Eurovisionย 

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

you only have to look at last year's winner Israel to see how bad it can get. it's probably one of the most disliked videos on youtube. the worst thing is that I actually think this is true and she's postponing her single and album release just for Eurovisionย 

It will still be watched by 200 million people. Campy or not it is huge exposure for her.ย 

Just now, Mensch said:

Ugh Iโ€™m afraid to press playย 

Oh this one really is worth watching and he really kicks in on the chorus.

But this does sum up why it has a bad reputation.

36 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Its cringeworthy entertainment and also funny to see how countries vote in a political mannerย 

40 minutes ago, Mensch said:

i had a row with my boyfriend because he thought i was stupid saying that australia was part of the contest ....he didnt believe meย 

Letโ€™s notย get ahead of ourselves in thinking we wonโ€™t get new music till May...ย Eurovision is not broadcast worldwide. I doubt Madonna would use the event to launch the Album worldwide and especially not for US markets. If the report is accurate the performance would be part of her Europe promo... she could even announce European tour dates at this event. I still have faith weโ€™ll get a new single sooner.ย ๐Ÿคžย 

3 minutes ago, Landon79411 said:

Letโ€™s notย get ahead of ourselves in thinking we wonโ€™t get new music till May...ย Eurovision is not broadcast worldwide. I doubt Madonna would use the event to launch the Album worldwide and especially not for US markets. If the report is accurate the performance would be part of her Europe promo... she could even announce European tour dates at this event. I still have faith weโ€™ll get a new single sooner.ย ๐Ÿคžย 

i think she is going to use it to promote her tour and i think she will perform the second release from the album which will be a dance songย 

26 minutes ago, Landon79411 said:

ย ...is it possible that the European dates will be announced first before the USA dates in early 2020...

consider this...

Late February- pride announcement single release/video

Late April/first week of May- album dropsย 

Eurovision- tour dates announced

ย 

i can also date February- pride announcement-single name and release date the following weekย 

ย 

first week of March-single/video or something like that.ย 

ย 

Here's a recap of the 26 songs that competed in last year's ESC final:

ย 

37 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

It will still be watched by 200 million people. Campy or not it is huge exposure for her.ย 

And that's what matters ๐Ÿ™‚