Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

7 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Wonder if itโ€™ll be 2 newย songs orย a classic? Wonder what classic it could be?

New song and La Isla Bonita or Like A Prayer. It has to be.

6 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Wonder if itโ€™ll be 2 newย songs orย a classic? Wonder what classic it could be?

It could be two classics (Give Me All Your Luvin'&ย B-Day Song ) and an official release date forย a new song #soon but..................later

I donโ€™t care either way if she performs at ESC - a great perf to watch if she does, no loss if she doesnโ€™t. I personally doubt that it will have much promo effect (see Super Bowl vs gmayl and MDNA).

My issue is that itโ€™s in Israel and that this particular ESC is already contentious. I fear it will play into negative connotations of her tone deafness with certain issues that are already widespreadย about her.

Eurovision is great promo. She needs to do 2 new songs or 1 new song + La Isla Bonita

Still, she also needs something that impacts harder on North and South America (Eurovision is pretty irrelevantin those placesย although with Madonna there it will have some buzz).

Billboard awards on May 1st?ย SNL season finale? Something cooking on Netflix?

ย 

7 minutes ago, cardiganstarlet said:

I donโ€™t care either way if she performs at ESC - a great perf to watch if she does, no loss if she doesnโ€™t. I personally doubt that it will have much promo effect (see Super Bowl vs gmayl and MDNA).

My issue is that itโ€™s in Israel and that this particular ESC is already contentious. I fear it will play into negative connotations of her tone deafness with certain issues that are already widespreadย about her.

What? No, it could be a great promo IF the first single is really great. Only that could really help her at this point. A subpar song would cement her as hitless for over 10 years and could damage the tour. I think she could really smash with the right song. Justin did it in 2016! She needs great choreography. I think it could have a huge impact if the song sticks in your head and is really good!

2 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

Eurovision is great promo. She needs to do 2 new songs or 1 new song + La Isla Bonita

Still, she also need something that impacts harder on North and South America (Eurovision is pretty irrelevantin those placesย although with Madonna there it will have some buzz).

ย 

Maybe they are pushing promo where Madonna is still strong and can actually be successful:ย Eurovision x Europe and the possible collaboration with South American artists x the Latin market.ย 

37 minutes ago, cardiganstarlet said:

Sorry but she got a US Billboardย Top 10 hit with GMAYL because of the super bowl.

This would be great promo, itโ€™s watched worldwide. As someone else said, this helped Justin, and his song wasnโ€™t even good.

23 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

Still, she also needs something that impacts harder on North and South America (Eurovision is pretty irrelevantin those placesย although with Madonna there it will have some buzz).

ย 

Guess it looks like May is going to be the launch of single/album- exactly one year since she did the Met Gala & we all thought something was going to drop then!

I canโ€™t believe how hopeful yet naive we all are & our love for M had us thirsty for 1 whole fucking year!

jeez this album better be one the best of the decade

Wasnโ€™t there a rumour of 2 singles being released at the same time, so maybe both performed at ESC. in terms of actual release date, surely weโ€™ll get to hear things before then - itโ€™s promo, I donโ€™t think the producers would want to use the event to launch a new song when the focus is supposed to be on the competition songs. But perhaps the reason we havenโ€™t got any info so far is because they were waiting to see if this was locked in, and now that it is we will hopefully get more info on everything.ย 

2 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Sorry but she got a US Billboardย Top 10 hit with GMAYL because of the super bowl.

Nope. She got a Top 10 with GMAYL because the deal with Clear Channel *cough* payola *cough*

ย 

Madonna likely to perform at Eurovision in Tel Aviv

Canadian-Israeli philanthropist Sylvan Adams reportedly underwriting a Madonna performance at the May song contest

Byย JESSICA STEINBERG Today, 12:35 pm

It looks like Madonna will perform two songs at the Eurovision Song Contest being hosted in Tel Aviv in May, courtesy of philanthropist Sylvan Adams.

The cost will be about $1.5 million, according to Ynet.

โ€œI can only say with much happiness that there is a green light from the philanthropist,โ€ producer Dani Ben Naim told Army Radio on Sunday morning.

โ€œAdams just wants to help the State of Israel with its foreign relations and weโ€™ll sit with Madonnaโ€™s people to work on things, which all look good, and move it forward.โ€

Canadian-Israeli billionaire Adams has lived in Israel since 2012, and has funded several major projects, including the Giro dโ€™Italia Big Start bike race that took place in the Jerusalem area last year.

He also recently donated $5 million to SpaceIL, the non-profit organization that is behind the initiative to land the first Israeli spacecraft on the moon.

Madonna last performed in Israel during the summer of 2012.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/madonna-likely-to-perform-at-eurovision-in-tel-aviv/