Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

30 minutes ago, Suedey said:

The Beautiful Game performance from the Met Gala is the sort of thing I'm after. Theatrical but not your typical choreography and all that stuff. 

Can you imagine that performance on a grand scale? I mean she could come up with that on the stairs of a museum. Imagine what she can and will do with a proper stage !! 

Madonna please come back and save us all. 

that's a nice idea too. put some artistic vision (the good kind) into eurosong..

3 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

U mean LAP perf on MET?

BG lasted 5 sec.

No I mean Beautiful Game because the theatrical aspects of the performance were best in Beautiful Game. She just stood and sang LAP but took it up a notch with Beautiful Game

Do I need to school you gurl? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVgE45ZYTfw

LEARN IT !

5 minutes ago, Suedey said:

No I mean Beautiful Game because the theatrical aspects of the performance were best in Beautiful Game. She just stood and sang LAP but took it up a notch with Beautiful Game

Do I need to school you gurl? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVgE45ZYTfw

LEARN IT !

Yes vaguely Remember it 🤗 LAP was Grand too with the monk choir♥️ And the Cohen song..

I think she could repeat the whole thing @ Eurovison.

Just change LAP to Papa Dont Preach and bring LTT and OF back.

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Yes vaguely Remember it 🤗 LAP was Grand too with the monk choir♥️ And the Cohen song..

I think she could repeat the whole thing @ Eurovison.

Just change LAP to Papa Dont Preach and bring LTT and OF back.

OMG best idea ever

Can you imagine if she does that? And with a repeat of the 30 seconds of Beautiful Game? The gays will not take it :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Suedey said:

OMG best idea ever

Can you imagine if she does that? And with a repeat of the 30 seconds of Beautiful Game? The gays will not take it :lmao:

she could always change it to another 30s verse, that will do for another year

#soon.

3 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

IMO Israel is a bad place for Eurovision and in general for some/all of the following reasons

-Israel's ILLEGAL military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza (Palestine) since 1967.

-The fact that because of said occupation, Palestinians are subject to military law and not civil law, and therefore are basically at the whims of the Israeli military. They also don't have proper citizenship. Basically the occupation is oppressive.

-Israel's backing of Jewish settlements in the West Bank. It is illegal for an occupying power to alter the demographics of a territory they occupy under the terms of the fourth Geneva convention.

-Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem, only Israeli sovereignty over the west of the city is recognised.

- Israel isn't an apartheid state as many claim it is, but it is one that has acted and continues to act unacceptably towards the Palestinians. It also repeatedly flouts international law and gets away with it.

- Don't forget the millions of Palestinian refugees that live in neighbouring countries that were driven out of their lands in 1948 and their right of return recognised in UN Resolution 194 which Israel denies despite having a law allowing every person of Jewish ancestry the right to gain citizenship and settle in the region. This one is a particular sticking point among Palestinians and often gets ignored by the western discourse on the conflict.

I think that both the Palestinians and Israelis have a right to self determination but the problem is both claim that right in the same geographic area

It has nothing to do with Jews as a people, and everything to do with how Israel as a country treats people who were already living there.

If Eurovision goes ahead I hope politics is left out of it completely

REDDIT is your best friend, I see, :lol:  :lol:

If she does a lowkey performance after the hyper energy of all the young acts it will be a disaster. Shell only be doing this if she has an upbeat anthem dancer pop song so it will need to be hugely energetic. Thats the whole vibe of Eurovision. She will be aiming to create a 'She's 60 but blew them all out of the water' reaction.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, sfm93 said:

Ask her Palestinian fans who tried to go to her attend her "peace" concert in Israel only to be turned away at the wall in the West Bank. Ask the thousands like my grandparents who were forcibly removed from their homes in Palestine (now Israel) who are never allowed to return.

Choosing to perform there is choosing to support a government that bombs UN hospitals despite international warnings and cuts off food and electricity access to its occupied Palestinian territories, people saying there's no difference between her performing in the US or Israel are dead wrong. It's nice to be privileged enough not to deal with these issues and look at them from the outside in like it's no big deal...

I see where you’re coming from, but just because there are political issues, doesn’t mean M should never step her foot in Israel. That’s ridiculous! She loves Israel, not the government, but the country! She has deep spiritual roots in Israel that define her in some ways as a person. Bottom line, Eurovision in itself is about bringing people together from all cultures and backgrounds. 

12 hours ago, trickyricky said:

but sometimes low key songs win soo i dont think that is true 

They might win the competition but if she gets on stage and performs one more chance, she'll kill the album dead.

It needs to be Vogue / Hung Up / music full on spectacular.

34 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

They might win the competition but if she gets on stage and performs one more chance, she'll kill the album dead.

It needs to be Vogue / Hung Up / music full on spectacular.

True. Here, again, she will be able to make (EMA HU 2005) or break (Superbowl, GMAYL 2012) the album.

I would absolutely be here for a Madonna Eurovision performance. ABSOLUTELY.

In fact, this is something that has crossed my mind time and time again for years. Sure, the show is kitsch galore, but it's watched by millions and millions of people throughout the whole continent simultaneously (and not just by gays and the 50+ audience, if you live in Europe you know better), so it is the absolute best exposure out there. Just like @Lolo said, it's the European equivalent of the SuperBowl. 

It would be the perfect opportunity for M to rekindle with the European audiences. IMO one special thing about M, which also sort of sets her apart from many other American artists, is the fact that there is genuine appreciation for her in Europe. Even with her chart starts going down and her music receiving less exposure, she's still very well-liked through most of the European countries (esp. South and Eastern Europe). So a performance to remind everyone she's still there and still nailing it, would be a very smart move.

BUT (don't continue reading if you don't want to hear something critical), she needs to do it right. No "Champagne Rose" type of song, no ass shaking and no messy styling. She could reconnect with the European audiences, or, with a messy performance, continue the trend of more and more people losing interest in her.

But I trust in M she would know what a great opportunity this is and how to make use of it. So yes, bring it on!

2 hours ago, Nonoka said:

In fact, this is something that has crossed my mind time and time again for years. Sure, the show is kitsch galore, but it's watched by millions and millions of people throughout the whole continent simultaneously (and not just by gays and the 50+ audience, if you live in Europe you know better), so it is the absolute best exposure out there. Just like @Lolo said, it's the European equivalent of the SuperBowl. 

It would be the perfect opportunity for M to rekindle with the European audiences. IMO one special thing about M, which also sort of sets her apart from many other American artists, is the fact that there is genuine appreciation for her in Europe. Even with her chart starts going down and her music receiving less exposure, she's still very well-liked through most of the European countries (esp. South and Eastern Europe). So a performance to remind everyone she's still there and still nailing it, would be a very smart move.

BUT (don't continue reading if you don't want to hear something critical), she needs to do it right. No "Champagne Rose" type of song, no ass shaking and no messy styling. She could reconnect with the European audiences, or, with a messy performance, continue the trend of more and more people losing interest in her.

But I trust in M she would know what a great opportunity this is and how to make use of it. So yes, bring it on!

Agree with it all. Also about her performance expectations. Part of being proud of being a Madonna fan is the fantastic knowledge  that she is a great, wonderful and professional performer.  Respect and love Madonna too much to ever accept an unprofessional, half hearted performance and I can never see her serving one up either. She would take Eurovision performance very seriously and want to wow and entertain the huge global audience if she does perform. 

8 hours ago, Nonoka said:

Yes to all of it. Especially the performance part. As it’s the equivalent of the Super Bowl, she should treat it as such and prepare for it with just as much perfection and attention to detail.

I remember when Timberlake did it reaction was pretty positive right? and all he did was a somewhat bare minimum performance (sang and danced, no props or elaborate costumes  just a band and some backup dancers). Obviously Madonna could so something way more epic but I'm not sure about Superbowl levels I don't think the budget or time allows for that. I think if it happens it will be more on the level of an awards show performance.

8 minutes ago, give-it-2me said:

I remember when Timberlake did it reaction was pretty positive right? and all he did was a somewhat bare minimum performance (sang and danced, no props or elaborate costumes  just a band and some backup dancers). Obviously Madonna could so something way more epic but I'm not sure about Superbowl levels I don't think the budget or time allows for that. I think if it happens it will be more on the level of an awards show performance.

Why everybody praises the Superbowl performance? By miming from start to finish, She admitted She can' sing live. She could have stayed home and send a video instead. I hate It when She mimes, so unprofessional and take. She's no Britney, for fuck's sake! Just fucking sing It and do your thing!

Edited by Edivad

8 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Why everybody praises the Superbowl performance? By miming from start to finish, She admitted She can' sing live. She could have stayed home and send a video instead. I hate It when She mimes, so unprofessional and take. She's no Britney, for fuck's sake! Just fucking sing It and do your thing!

Ridiculous  post and again another way that even fans are rewriting history.   The superbowl was spectacular, brilliant, and acclaimed by everyone at the time - except that pond scum Piers Morgan.  No one even mentioned miming until years later when all of a sudden everyone wants to trash Madonna.  With all of the movement, dancing, style, attention to detail etc - her singing live throughout the entire performance would of been hearing a breathless performance that would have taken away from everything.  Superbowl was in a stadium and stadiums need spectacles on a grand scale.  She gave it and more. 

7 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Why everybody praises the Superbowl performance? By miming from start to finish, She admitted She can't properties sing live. She could have stayed home and sensi a video instead. I gare It when She mimes, so un professionista and take. She's no Britney, for fuck's sale! Just fucking sing It and di tour thing!

tenor (1).gif

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Ridiculous  post and again another way that even fans are rewriting history.   The superbowl was spectacular, brilliant, and acclaimed by everyone at the time - except that pond scum Piers Morgan.  No one even mentioned miming until years later when all of a sudden everyone wants to trash Madonna.  With all of the movement, dancing, style, attention to detail etc - her singing live throughout the entire performance would of been hearing a breathless performance that would have taken away from everything.  Superbowl was in a stadium and stadiums need spectacles on a grand scale.  She gave it and more. 

Whatever. Miming Is emberassing and ridiculous. After 30-years She didn't even bother to sing. She should have dropped the microphone and Just dance, instead.

Edited by Edivad