Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

26 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I doubt it. As with the SuperBowl, she will likely have a contract to sign with a no-controversy clause for her performance. Do not forget that Eurovision specializes in vanilla, tasteless, brainless performances aimed at an audience aged 50 and over. Producers do not want to shock (wake) their target audience.

Lol what?? Even if she signs a clause, what’s the worst that could happen if she breaks it? She has to pay a dime? Shocker...

22 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I doubt it. As with the SuperBowl, she will likely have a contract to sign with a no-controversy clause for her performance. Do not forget that Eurovision specializes in vanilla, tasteless, brainless performances aimed at an audience aged 50 and over. Producers do not want to shock (wake) their target audience.

Well that s true but as we know ( do you see? ) when M steps in the room people mind get that instant click in their minds saying " HOW DARE SHE....?" AND she earned it well and knows it . she s a polarazing figure more than politicall and that s why folks don t get her  , they don t realize that about her  and force themselves to reduce Her to a pop star and get frustrated ' cause even thought that s how others will allways perceive Her the truth is she is not  one thing , she s unique 

The thing is that Israel is such an integral part of the Eurovision tradition that the political situation is not really
a thing amongst Eurovision spectators, Russia 4 instance will generate a lot more genuine negative feelings.

58 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Anyway, even if she makes the most sweet and respectful performance of her career, she will be criticized anyway. 2019, Madonna, Israel - this association of words alone already ensures the unleashing of the professionals of outrages of the web.

Sorry but your comment is completely out of the place and, frankly, offensive. Ageist and lack respect to people who really like the format. Which, by the way, has much more imagination and creativity than any other music show there (Grammy, MTV or Billboard awards).

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Sorry but your comment is completely out of the place and, frankly, offensive. Ageist and lack respect to people who really like the format. Which, by the way, has much more imagination and creativity than any other music show there (Grammy, MTV or Billboard awards).

Sorry if I offended you but will you seriously tell me that the target audience of Eurovision is 50 y.o. and less? 

2 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Sorry if I offended you but will you seriously tell me that the target audience of Eurovision is less than 50 y.o. ? 

Yes, because they world is much wider than your country, that is by the way not European (not surprise there, as people transatlantic really don't get Eurovision at all). In many European countries Eurovision is a really big feast. That's why the audience is so high. In Spain the contest is followed by a BIG gay audience, for example, not matter age. In Nordic countries is a phenomenom. In Eastern Europe it is like national pride, they send the best of the best there and tv news make specials to follow the classifications. 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Yes, because they world is much wider than your country, that is by the way not European (not surprise there, as people transatlantic really don't get Eurovision at all). In many European countries Eurovision is a really big feast. That's why the audience is so high. 

In this case, accept my sincerest apologies. 😉

Just now, Martin B. said:

In this case, accept my sincerest apologies. 😉

Oh, sorry for my part if I overreacted. By the way, as always, i edited my comment (it always happens to me that more idea come after i've pressed the publish buttom, hahahha). 

54 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Lol what?? Even if she signs a clause, what’s the worst that could happen if she breaks it? She has to pay a dime? Shocker...

lol ... No. They will switch to prerecorded or just cut. Next.

It happend last year with an invader during uk's performance.

12 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

lol ... No. They will switch to prerecorded or just cut. Next.

It happend last year with an invader during uk's performance.

Don’t compare an invader to a performance. That’s just nonsense. Madonna won’t run around on stage waving flags or shouting paroles... If she decides to say “thank you and goodnight and let’s remember that music makes the people come together  “ or whatever they won’t cut it out. That’s ridiculous. 

even if you remove the possible political controversy, this could be one of the most important performances of her career (or at least, the third part of her career).  if she decides to do this, she really has to bring it and show off her talent.. no gimmicks, no twerking.. it can't just be another typical M performance.. something like live earth 2007 would be really good.

I trust Mirwais and maybe that new keyboard player to bring the good stuff with M

33 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Don’t compare an invader to a performance. That’s just nonsense. Madonna won’t run around on stage waving flags or shouting paroles... If she decides to say “thank you and goodnight and let’s remember that music makes the people come together  “ or whatever they won’t cut it out. That’s ridiculous. 

That was not was I saying of course !

Anyway, she did play the Good girl at the Superbowl ... She can play again 😉

Edited by Ladyplus

32 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

Amd most of all ... LIVE ... I mean, singing live. Not like the Superbowl.

do you wanna go hiiiiie4rrrrrrgghghhhkkkdldl...

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

On the contrary. Give me pre-recorded vocals and Madonna dancing like Madonna. 

Image result for madonna express yourself gif

Image result for madonna vogue rit gif

Related image

yes, I want theatrics!!! I want dancing, I want show. Let the screaming to Gorgon and Aguilera.

Although Madonna agreed to perform on the Eurovision stage in Tel Aviv, financial terms are preventing a contract from being singed.

https://wiwibloggs.com/2019/01/15/dare-to-dream-israeli-media-reports-that-madonna-is-in-negotiations-to-perform-at-eurovision-2019-in-tel-aviv/231313/

Madonna doesn't come cheap!

Just pay it, Eurovision!

56 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

Amd most of all ... LIVE ... I mean, singing live. Not like the Superbowl.

true.. controversy aside.. it's all about the music and the performance. she really has to give it her all, and without a doubt SING LIVE (no matter what some fans may say here, sorry but you're wrong)

26 minutes ago, karbatal said:

On the contrary. Give me pre-recorded vocals and Madonna dancing like Madonna. 

Image result for madonna express yourself gif

Image result for madonna vogue rit gif

Related image

Then she will look like a fool, cuz singing LIVE is the one thing EVERYBODY does that night.

1 minute ago, acko said:

Then she will look like a fool, cuz singing LIVE is the one thing EVERYBODY does that night.

But she would be the guest star. In my mind it wouldn't be necessary to sing live. 

I’m still frustrated with what I’m reading on here. What is the big deal if Madonna performs in Israel? Some of you fail to see the connection there, are you guys serious? Madonna has visited Israel a lot in the past, for professional as well as spiritual reasons! She is a Kabbalist after all. Have some of you forgotten? Wtf??

28 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I’m still frustrated with what I’m reading on here. What is the big deal if Madonna performs in Israel? Some of you fail to see the connection there, are you guys serious? Madonna has visited Israel a lot in the past, for professional as well as spiritual reasons! She is a Kabbalist after all. Have some of you forgotten? Wtf??

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, horn said:

Oh wow so it’s semi-confirmed now? I’m cool with this because it will be a big exposure for her and the single/album/tour.

Which other singers/performers have acted there? 

3 hours ago, acko said:

The thing is that Israel is such an integral part of the Eurovision tradition that the political situation is not really
a thing amongst Eurovision spectators, Russia 4 instance will generate a lot more genuine negative feelings.

Yes.  People should not be taking Eurovision that seriously.  Have been watching it from the sidelines for many many years and always laughed and enjoyed it. Had a huge following here for so long.   Now that "  Australia"  is part of Europe :rotfl: getting to enjoy it as a a "contestant"  as well with all the hype and fun thrown in. 

For those wanting a political statement etc from Madonna,   sorry but should not happen.  People watch Eurovision for the sheer fun joy of it - with crazy performances part of the charm.  Also,  despite the craziness etc,  most of the entrants are actually skilled and good performers.  While the winner from Portugal was talented,  was turned off by his put downs and contempt for it.   I truly understand people not liking it,  but they can ignore it for one weekend and let the others that do get a laugh out of it and enjoy it,  watch it with the spirit of pure fun with some enjoyable music thrown in. 

Madonna is such a great performer that I think she would blow their socks off. 

33 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Ask her Palestinian fans who tried to go to her attend her "peace" concert in Israel only to be turned away at the wall in the West Bank. Ask the thousands like my grandparents who were forcibly removed from their homes in Palestine (now Israel) who are never allowed to return.

Choosing to perform there is choosing to support a government that bombs UN hospitals despite international warnings and cuts off food and electricity access to its occupied Palestinian territories, people saying there's no difference between her performing in the US or Israel are dead wrong. It's nice to be privileged enough not to deal with these issues and look at them from the outside in like it's no big deal...

1 hour ago, elijah said:

yes, I want theatrics!!! I want dancing, I want show. Let the screaming to Gorgon and Aguilera.

Playback is only acceptable from Britney Spears.