Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

Just now, BrendanT1993 said:

Wasn't there the same rumour last year and for the past several years????

Agree.

But the timing was never there. This time it would be perfect as the album will most likely being released in April/May so she will be looking for promotion spots.

The 2019 Eurovision Song Contest will be taking place in Tel Aviv between the 14th and 18th of May, so It would make sense for M to do it (on paper) since there is only one other major award show in May - The Billboard Music Awards (US) on May 1st.

4 minutes ago, CalinB said:

The 2019 Eurovision Song Contest will be taking place in Tel Aviv between the 14th and 18th of May, so It would make sense for M to do it (on paper) since there is only one other major award show in May - The Billboard Music Awards (US) on May 1st.

Agreed.

I think it’s obvious now she won’t be at the Grammys performing as nothing is prepared.

The Eurovision will be the ultimate promo spot.

26 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Wasn't there the same rumour last year and for the past several years????

Not in the same way. This is being reported in the national Israeli press. 

Love Lana Del SLAY and respect her for that .

I do hope that if ESTHERDONNA performs there she can do something about it. Maybe she could perform with some Palestinian musicians.

Why of all the places in the world did the damn 2019 ESC had to be held there?! It would be the perfect timing for Queen M to perform and promote her new material, but damn, we don't need this unwanted controversy to accompany this.

37 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Agreed.

I think it’s obvious now she won’t be at the Grammys performing as nothing is prepared.

The Eurovision will be the ultimate promo spot.

Still plenty of time for the Grammys.  We are 4 weeks out. I still think the first single comes out before the Grammys.

61st Annual GRAMMY Awards (on CBS) will be  held on Sunday, Feb 10th at 5:00 PM PST

Everything is a fucking uphill battle....fuck it. As wonderful as the exposure would be just don't do it M. Where do we draw the line with this though? The US has done some shady shit....not to mention the whole Trump thing.....should she not pencil in tour dates in US because of that? What about Brazil? Should she not perform there either? 

This sounds more like a rumor, however it would be GREAT promo and exposure for her and her new album/single/project. People can laugh all they want at Eurovision, but it doesn't change the fact that it is THE single biggest entertainment show on the planet with some 180+ million viewers (which equals the amount of live viewers that tune into the Super Bowl + Academy Awards + Grammy Awards + VMA's + Golden Globes + Billdboard Awards COMBINED!), so to say no to that kind of massive exposure and platform (provided that these negotiations rumors are true) would just be dumb. Madonna's promos since Confessions have been so so to be honest, so if she is really serious about this project, Eurovision could be a great opportunity and probably the best she would get promo-wise in years to be honest.

Oh and I don't see Madonna as a person caving into the bullying by the nazis, islamists and anti-semites of the BDS movement, she is far too strong and clear-headed for that (I hope). People are afraid of some potential "backlash", well most people out there won't read politics into it so even if these people will scream and bully all day long, the vast majority won't care and the show would be great exposure for her. 

Edited by Substitute4Me

12 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Still plenty of time for the Grammys.  We are 4 weeks out. I still think the first single comes out before the Grammys.

61st Annual GRAMMY Awards (on CBS) will be  held on Sunday, Feb 10th at 5:00 PM PST

No album artwork and no music video so i highly doubt we are getting anything in 4 weeks.

The return of Esther. Moshedonna! 

Bet she slays with candy shop / American Life Megamix.

But yes, so interesting how this will play out in general. Eurovision is massive with the liberal left Londoners but in Israel? 

Friend asked me to go before this announcement and I said no. I'm still saying no though!

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

No album artwork and no music video so i highly doubt we are getting anything in 4 weeks.

Great! If you doubt it, it means it will happen !! :tigger:

11 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

shes keeping it hush hush ......its a secret 

f686abd5b64526a9bda5634be1c5e5bf.jpg

I don’t think she couldn’t resist posting about the shoot on her IG.

19 minutes ago, runa said:

Great! If you doubt it, it means it will happen !! :tigger:

You don’t know if you want to hit me or kiss me, I get a lot of that.