New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

8 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

I own the sex book and I don't find any of the above stupid as that molly comment. Mine was just a example of something to my understanding of Madonna quite superficial. You might assimilate everything just as one big provocation, that's not the case for me. She is a intelligent person. That was stupid. Do I care about it now? No. I just used it as a example of a useless uninteresting way of provoking people.

But the bigger question is WHY do you take an off the cuff remark so seriously?? I can actually understand and respect the opinion of someone that finds the Sex book stupid or boring or even offensive, it's a piece of art meant to analyze and provoke.....but a one sentence comment made at a music festival?? I just don't get it and I don't think I ever will.....lol. 

1 minute ago, BrendanT1993 said:

The frustrating bit about all this is probably the pre tour-troubles:

How often do I want to go see her?
How does one get tickets?
Where do I get the money from?

You're telling me! As anxious as I am to hear new music, when we do finally hear it, that means tour tix are gonna be on sale soon.....I'm so not ready for that! Last time, I bought VIP tix the day they went on sale and they were good seats......but then I decided to buy tix for another show and I didn't buy those until about 3 weeks to 1 month prior to the show date and guess what? I got better seats then than I did for the first show I bought tix for. I think I'm just gonna avoid the stress this time and be patient.....probably won't be getting tix the day they drop this time. As for money.....well, I don't know now that Craigslist personals is no longer....:( 

**and apparently since stupid little, unoffensive, off the cuff remarks need to be clarified these days....that last sentence IS a JOKE** :lol: 

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

You're telling me! As anxious as I am to hear new music, when we do finally hear it, that means tour tix are gonna be on sale soon.....I'm so not ready for that! Last time, I bought VIP tix the day they went on sale and they were good seats......but then I decided to buy tix for another show and I didn't buy those until about 3 weeks to 1 month prior to the show date and guess what? I got better seats then than I did for the first show I bought tix for. I think I'm just gonna avoid the stress this time and be patient.....probably won't be getting tix the day they drop this time. As for money.....well, I don't know now that Craigslist personals is no longer....:( 

**and apparently since stupid little, unoffensive, off the cuff remarks need to be clarified these days....that last sentence IS a JOKE** :lol: 

Your telling me about anxiety haha. I'm in the middle of moving to Toronto in June and most of my savings are on that. I swear to god if she announces tour dates #soon I'll flip tables and break shit, am having palpatations just thinking about it haha. Obviously will try and do as many shows as possible though

2 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Your telling me about anxiety haha. I'm in the middle of moving to Toronto in June and most of my savings are on that. I swear to god if she announces tour dates #soon I'll flip tables and break shit, am having palpatations just thinking about it haha. Obviously will try and do as many shows as possible though

If the location on your profile is right then that's a BIG move!!! Good luck!! 

Ugh yeah....with the latest rumored time line, then it looks like they may be going on sale as you're flying over....lol....just hope the Toronto shows will be more at this time next year versus the fall so you'll have more time! 🤞

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

The frustrating bit about all this is probably the pre tour-troubles:

How often do I want to go see her?
How does one get tickets?
Where do I get the money from?

"Where do I get the money from?"

I am asking the same question and maybe will use the first option:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG-20171024-WA0000.jpg

16 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It has definitely grown stronger.  I have followed Madonna since the start and have always known the hatred she has received.  However,  lately there has been an obvious push to completely downplay her and I see it all the time.  The way now that her Superbowl performance is either deliberately not talked about or  treated like it was trashed everywhere when it was so loved and acclaimed.  Articles claiming that she was never in the same league as other superstars in fame and influence.  Articles by her own "fans"  apologizing and wringing their hands about liking her and even agreeing that others are far more talented etc. .  Sorry, but not burying my head in the sand. It is up to Madonna's team to address these dreadful lies and downplaying of her.  She deserves so much better.   The most influential and popular female singer of all time should never be treated like this. 

It’s also up to Madonna herself. 

Out of all of the living icons and legends out there, Madonna herself has been criminally negligent of her OWN legacy. The tour setlists, the lack of reissues and anniversary celebrations, the reluctance to embrace what made her famous in interviews and on stage. All of this has been incredibly damaging to not just her legacy, but her image as a whole. It’s completely astonishing that she does nothing more to celebrate milestones like Ray of Light, Like A Prayer, the anniversary of Everybody being released, with nothing more than an Instagram post. Everyone from Fleetwood Mac to Garbage to Tori Amos have done incredible reissues and tours of their icon albums. And their fans- like myself - eat it up.

You’re absolutely correct in stating she has a shitty team around her. But Madonna herself has the power and direction to administer these kinds of things. Even if it’s just random performances like the one she did on Fallon singing Borderline a few years back. I showed my friends that performance and they just melted. It’s things like that which capture the nostalgia people feel when they see her and hear songs that they grew up with. And it’s high time she gets out there with the best discography in all of pop music to remind the world why she’s the Queen. She has the arsenal, she just needs to use it. 

1 hour ago, samosamosamo said:

I own the sex book and I don't find any of the above stupid as that molly comment. Mine was just a example of something to my understanding of Madonna quite superficial. You might assimilate everything just as one big provocation, that's not the case for me. She is a intelligent person. That was stupid. Do I care about it now? No. I just used it as a example of a useless uninteresting way of provoking people.

but she played on it with the song im addicted too ...mdna - mdma ...big deal 

2 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Out of all of the living icons and legends out there, Madonna herself has been criminally negligent of her OWN legacy. The tour setlists, the lack of reissues and anniversary celebrations, the reluctance to embrace what made her famous in interviews and on stage. All of this has been incredibly damaging to not just her legacy, but her image as a whole. It’s completely astonishing that she does nothing more to celebrate milestones like Ray of Light, Like A Prayer, the anniversary of Everybody being released, with nothing more than an Instagram post. Everyone from Fleetwood Mac to Garbage to Tori Amos have done incredible reissues and tours of their icon albums. And their fans- like myself - eat it up.

You’re absolutely correct in stating she has a shitty team around her. But Madonna herself has the power and direction to administer these kinds of things. Even if it’s just random performances like the one she did on Fallon singing Borderline a few years back. I showed my friends that performance and they just melted. It’s things like that which capture the nostalgia people feel when they see her and hear songs that they grew up with. And it’s high time she gets out there with the best discography in all of pop music to remind the world why she’s the Queen. She has the arsenal, she just needs to use it. 

i think she is saving all that for a rainy day ...

3 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

What makes Madonna Madonna though is that she doesn't care about this--she is constantly moving forward.

She'll do all this legacy shit later in life. SHE's NOT DONE

39 minutes ago, Kilt said:

4 more months of waiting

When-Ally-Goes-Her-Therapist-Reveals-Her

4 months to save money for everything and tickets, hotels etc for her new tour which i need. Haha

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Good luck. It will all work out. I just know it!! 

39 minutes ago, Stephen said:

What makes Madonna Madonna though is that she doesn't care about this--she is constantly moving forward.

tenor.gif x 1.000.000.000

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Madonna can walk and chew gum at the same time. She can simultaneously celebrate her legacy while still moving forward and reinventing herself. 

Shd simply chooses not too.